on 22 December 2015
We have tried quite a few bourbons and we were looking for something new to try.
We read some of the reviews and decided to give this a try.
It is an excellent value for money.
Compared to the more run of the mill or popular bourbons, this is, by far, a better and more complex drink.
There is a sweetness in the middle that just about put me off it, but then the stronger tones and flavours take over and last.
This is a very nice whiskey to enjoy, the flavour changes are a surprise at this price point.
Great buy.
on 21 October 2014
Delivered next working day.
This must be the best bourbon under £50 I've tried. My first buy but for sure will become a regular. Has a bit of a kick considering it's 47% so I prefer it with a drop of water. It'a a treat to both nose and tongue. Perfect balanced bwteen spicy and sweet, with notes of oak, star anise and toffee.
on 9 July 2015
So far this is the best bourbon I've tasted! I suppose I'm really lucky as every time I try a new one I'm always left feeling like this!

To date I've tried Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Woodford Reserve and now this, and whilst the others are fantastic in their own right, this is by far the most rounded of them in my opinion. It combines all the great flavours you'd hope for in a good bourbon and delivers them with a powerful punch at 47%, however it's so smooth to go with it!

I usually like to sip bourbon with just the one ice cube, however with this I prefer to sip it completely neat, as each sensation whilst doing so totally compliments the next, it's a great marriage of flavours and feelings.

I would advise that you maybe look elsewhere to purchase it though, as you can buy it a full £10 cheaper than on here (the store in question is mentioned in some of the other reviews) which is quite a saving!

All in all I'd highly recommend this bourbon to anyone who's curious, although as I say, maybe look elsewhere before you purchase it!
on 14 January 2013
I really deserve more than 5 stars! I purchased the 12 yr Elijah Craig for my younger son and the 18 yr old for my eldest. It tasted wonderful and left me wishing for more! I am not a drinker of spirits but this is truly a wonderful bourbon. It rolls off the palate leaving various smokey hints and other flavours. I would thoroughly recommend this bourbon to the initiated and the newcomers to bourbon, they will thoroughly enjoy it! I love it! I think I will get a bottle for myself as well.
on 10 August 2015
Elijah Craig 12yo is one of my fave Bourbons, even though it is double the price in the UK as what it costs in the USA. It has excellent depth of flavour and finish and is best served straight with just a little ice. I have tried many bourbons on both sides of the Atlantic at this price bracket and Eli Craig is one which I will keep coming back to because it is delicious
on 3 November 2015
This is my favourite bourbon. Not necessarily the best one I’ve tasted, but in terms of doing what it says on the box, consistently, with class, and at an accessible price, The Preacher always delivers. It’s best-in-class at this price point and could easily hold its own against far more expensive bourbons. It does everything you need a bourbon to do: the initial vanilla kick from the virgin barrel, the stewed fruit and overripe cherry on the mid-palate, some spice from the rye content, and a gentle, oaky finish.
on 27 January 2015
purchased as a gift for my dad, never heard of this whisky prior to buying it but he loves it , well worth the price and I have already got him a new bottle, he said it is very Moorish with a multi level flavouring
on 31 October 2013
You can get this in a well know High Street store, not just any store I might add ! ;0) for £25.
on 15 August 2015
lots of rye flavor going on here brewed a bit stronger not for your jack daniels drinkers
on 18 January 2014
As far as Bourbons go....this is top notch.

Enjoy mixed with a few cubes of ice.

It is indeed very hearty, but why else spend this price?

Not as sweet as JD - I have only seen 2/3 pubs in London offer this beverage.

See one answered question