Style Name: 3 m / 9.8 Feet|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£6.99 - £8.79

on 12 February 2011
If you're getting bad image quality, DO NOT blame this cable. HDMI is digital, the cable can't make a picture "fuzzy" or "blurred", it just doesn't happen, it will be your equipment.

The quality of this cable is fine. It's not very heavy duty, and so wouldn't hold a lot oweight or survive a lotof pulling, but then we're not buying tow-cables, right? It transfers my PC image to another device completely perfectly, and vice-versa.

Be warned however - yes, HDMI and DVI use the same signalling, but HDMI only has a small set of resolutions that work, and some computer monitors insist on a set resolution on their DVI input. This means if you setup your HDMI output device (say a DVD or BluRay player) and hook it up to your PC monitor's DVI input, you may find that the DVD player can't output at a compatible resolution. When this happens, you either get no picture, or you get a resized picture that will look out of focus or distorted. Also be aware that HDMI colour profiles are different to computer colour profiles, so you may find the image is washed out. If this happens you need to adjust the black point and white point on the monitor, as well as brightness/contrast and colour - without all these controls, forget it, and just buy an LCD TV instead.

As for the other way around, DVI to HDMI, again you may experience issues, but these are not the cable. In my case, my PC needed to have a custom mode created at a resolution that suited my TV. Result, I can now play my PC games on my large 32" TV... but the quality is not as good as the VGA input. The reason for this is simple - the TV VGA input can be set to 1360x768, the exact resolution of the screen... but the HDMI input has to be 720p or 1080i, or 1080p, none of which match up exactly with the pixels on the TV, and the result is a scaled, and so slightly blurred, image. However, VGA cables are far thicker and not as easy to handle.

Conclusion - brilliant cable, but check your equipment's compatibility before you buy.
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2012
Grabbed one of these so I could plug a HDMI device into my monitor which was DVI only. I was pleased to find that it was packaged in a simple amazon cardboard box - no horrible plastic packaging in sight!

The cable itself feels firm and unless I decide to continuously flex and strain the cable for a few years I can't see it breaking anytime soon.

After plugging one end into my Raspberry Pi and the other into my monitor, I saw an image. What else can i say? It works!
on 15 September 2012
So I just bought a new PC that happens to have HDMI where as my old PC had DVI. Bought the PC in PC World and looked at the price of the cable and was stunned to find they wanted £34.
I know cables can be risky to buy cheap as I remember buying a cheap component cable for my PS3 years ago only to find the picture had a ghost image, buy when I bought an official Sony one it gave me a perfect picture (although that cable was only about £15 or so, so it wasnt that expensive compared to this HDMI/DVI cable in PC World).
Anyway, back to the product at hand. Being gold plated with some good reviews I thought I would take the risk, and I am glad I did. The picture is perfect with no ghosting or fuzzy images, which means I get perfect high def imaging on my PC monitor.

The only issue I have with it is the DVI end is supposed to have two screws to fasten it to the PC, but they are missing. Not really a problem though as the plug is pretty tight, and I dont have a habit of moving my monitor a lot.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 January 2014
I've always been a little sceptical about these sorts of adapters but this works well and does exactly what I need. The length of the cable is fantastic, a very good length and it looks very durable. I've set mine up for an in store display and there is a long stretch between the display and media device so I needed something lengthy and reliable.

A great little product and well worth the price.
It is quite a relief to discover that Amazon can supply the `haberdashery' of electronics as well as major kit because I usually end up on a trek to a specialist shop. It was also pleasing to note that the Basics range has a premium feel (robust branded glove to the connectors, gold finish on the metal and black cable). True, it is only a cable but attention to detail gives reassurance about underlying quality.

On which note, yes it works fine in connecting the HDMI out on my PC (which has only one DVI out) to a second DVI monitor. If you are considering adding a second monitor to your PC, a week in to discovering the pleasure of having a two monitor set up it is difficult to imagine how I managed before. Amazon seem to have most of the permutations of cable needed if you find as I did that you are short of a connection.
Good quality cable that works well. i bought the cable to use with an external graphics card for my Macbook. The monitor seems to be rather slow, however i would most likely suggest it's the graphics card and not the cable. Overall happy with the cable, super fast delivery with Prime.

Note: I review tech products on a daily basics if you found this review useful than do let me know by clicking the helpful button. If you have any questions then add them to the comments below and i'll respond ASAP.
on 25 February 2016
I've used other cables from the Amazon Basics range and they've been great so I bought this to connect a basic Acer laptop to a 24" Dell monitor. The cable is a little inflexible but that wasn't a problem, the quality of the connectors was good and the resulting image quality was excellent. The price was good and it completely met my requirements and expectations, so I'm totally content and recommend it.
on 6 January 2015
I have had this adapter for close to 6 months and it's been working flawlessly. It's simply of one the best adapter that you can get. Prior to buying this one, I have tried others more expensive which proved to be rubbish compared to this.
on 20 February 2016
Bought for my husband so he can connect his laptop to his monitor and does exactly what it's meant to do. When using it myself for my laptop seemed to be very stiff to insert and did not seem to go all the way in but still worked fine. Would buy again.
on 22 December 2010
There is not much to say about a cable like this. It does what it is supposed to do, namely take a digital signal from a DVI port to an HDMI port. As the signal is digital, there is no need to pay any more for expensive cables, as there will be zero difference in picture quality. Also, the frustration free packaging is certainly welcome.

So to sum up: