Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Fitness For The Over 50's - Box Set (3 DVD)
Format: DVD|Change

on 12 June 2017
Purchased for my 79 year old Nan, who has been advised by the doctor to take up gentle exercise. We've watched and followed the first DVD in the box set so far and she likes it. The instructions are clear, music is not too loud or over bearing, and at a pace that can be followed without being stressful or confusing. The exercises are simple but effective. The only thing is there is some floor work which my Nan can't do as she struggle to get on the floor or back up from the floor. However in the main there are plenty of options which can be found by clicking on the body areas in the menu. I was joining in too!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 13 October 2015
This is dived into easy to follow sections. Well explained and makes you feel good afterwards. You can make it as easy or hard as you like, either way it has the feel good factor. Exercises the whole body, good for over 50`s
on 1 May 2017
Good DVD. Did it for a mouth or so then had to stop i found out i have to have a knee replacement so was not able to carry on. I'm a little bit disappointed.
on 11 May 2017
Have not yet had time to use all three dvd but so far am pleased with the purchase. Good buy.
on 26 May 2017
great, just what i needed,
on 24 September 2017
Exercises easy to follow but style is not for me!
on 19 August 2017
good
on 8 June 2009
I bought this item for my mom as she is a bit creaky in the limbs. She finds it really relaxing and easy to do. not recommended for those who want a fast paced workout.
on 28 April 2012
FITNESS FOR THE OVER 50's
with Nancy Marmorat
As an experienced fitness instructor dealing with this age group I was intrigued to see what this range of DVD's offered, especially in light of one or two of the negative comments.
I was very pleasantly surprised: The instructor is obviously well trained and experienced and her two class members - because that is obviously what they are - not trained instructors - show different stages of experience. Where necessary and when she spots it, Nancy corrects moves and positioning just as we do in class. In fact because her obvious knowledge and the type of moves and exercises, I seriously wondered whether she had been trained by the organisation I belong to:,The Fitness League, but as her classes seem to be based in France I don't think she can be.
Yes, OK, the music is not what I might have chosen but that should not detract from the well thought out exercises - just follow what you are shown and you can't go far wrong.
I would recommend this series to anyone who is less than fit.
11 Comment| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 April 2013
Bought this DVD to inspire me during the winter when aqua aerobics was proving a bit damp and cold in the evenings. ten minutes feels like an hour but in actual fact it is quite gentle for the slightly handicapped arthritic exerciser. I need to do at least 3 bursts of activity per week and walking outside in the winter in the severe weather was proving very difficult, uncomfortable and unsafe.
This DVD enables me to exercise in the comfort of my home, in the warmth and safely.
Must admit I don't feel stiff the next day but have yet to continue to the 2nd stage of exercise. Hopefully after some days of the first 10 minute workout I will increase my times.