on 28 January 2014
I tend to burst out of most shoes that I buy after a few weeks (wide feet) and have difficulty finding ones that last. I ordered a pair of these on a friend's recommendation and I'm so glad I did. They're very comfortable and easy to quickly slip on (no laces is definitely the way to go). They have taken a bit of bashing with wet and sleety weather recently and are showing no signs of visible wear, no splits etc. They seem very well made and the "comfort fit" advert isn't wrong. They're ultra comfortable, even on longer jaunts.

These tend to drop down in price on amazon occasionally and that's when I'd recommend picking a pair up. They'll retail in stores at around £50 but I got these here for £35. At that price, they're an absolute steal. Great shoes, great price. I'll be picking up another pair as soon as I see the price drop on the other colours.

The only thing to be wary of is the sizing. I am normally a size 10 but was told these can be quite a big fit. So I dropped down to a 9 in these and they fit fine. I'd do the same if you're thinking of investing...great shoes though, can't complain at all.
on 12 August 2014
Very good looking shoe and after two months they appear to be wearing well. I bought the size I would normally buy and they fitted perfectly. I did not have to break them in and have had no discomfort or rubbing at all.

They are very comfortable to drive in and have not had any issues with the pimple type sole slipping off the car pedals. The grip has been good on pavements in the recent wet weather and they have been waterprooof so far.

I would have given them 5 stars if it was not for the white stitching on both sides of each shoe that now looks a little tatty and the quality of stitching in the two small elasticated areas near the top of the shoe tongue. It is likely over the coming months this stitching will come apart as it is showing signs of wear already.

Happy feet!
on 19 September 2015
I normally buy Merrells shoes, but thought that I’d give Skechers a go, never having bought them before.
Out of the box, the quality doesn’t look 100% but hey at £40, cheap shoes. I bought the grey shoes, but the ‘grey’ is more of a greeny grey, not like the pic in the ad, but that doesn’t bother me that much to want to return them.
Anyway to put these Skechers on I had to shoe horn them on as the opening in the shoe for your foot is quite small, but once on they’re a nice snug fit and grip the foot nicely.
A trainer type sole gives good grip on the ground as you’re walking, and together with the snug fit around the foot means the shoes “hold on” to your feet and don’t slip about walking on any uneven surface, giving good stability.
However, the inner sole is the so called “memory foam” and which I think is a bit of a gimmick. It’s very thin and you can actually feel the patterning on the outer sole underneath as you walk, From my experience memory foam usually compresses completely after a short period of use, and doesn’t “rebound” therefore it becomes hard and uncomfortable. Have to see how these memory foam shoes work out.
Having used these shoes on an average walk now, I can say that they’re reasonably comfortable but not the best.
If you want real comfort and a nice fitting, good looking shoe - although you’ll pay a bit more, get Merrells. My first Merrells are still looking good and going strong after six years of regular use (yes, six years!).
Incidentally I have no connection to the manufacturer Merrel, but once I find a good quality and reliable product I’m brand loyal until they let me down, and Merrells are good (and they don’t use “memory foam”), their quality has been consistent since I bought my first pair.
So to sum up in my opinion, these Skechers shoes: Quality 80%. Ease of fitting 65%. Comfort in use 65%. Stability when walking 95%. Durability? Only time will tell, but for me the benchmark are Merrells.
on 11 September 2011
Where to start? Great fit, comfy, quality product, fast delivery is there anything else I could say . . No I don't think so
on 16 May 2011
I have been wearing skechers for the last 5 years, I've bought both trainers and shoe's and can honestly say I have yet to be disapointed with any of the pairs I have worn. It is the only manufacturer that designs and produces style's and materials that I actually like, formal and informal all rolled into one. I bought this pair for work over trousers, but they are equally just as at home with jeans. Very comfortable and easy to keep clean with a dust and polish. The price's are high, but keep yours eyes open and you can get 20-40% reduction on retail prices on line.
on 22 March 2011
My first time to try slip on shoes and I am impressed. These are comfortable and fit well. Just make sure you get the right size.
on 25 March 2011
I haven't worn a pair of slip-ons since the seventies so was a little worried I might not like the fit or the elastic would be too tight or too loose. I am pleased to say I have no complaints on any if these concerns.

They are probably the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. Like a pair of freshly cleaned trousers, a bit tight when you first put them on but after a short time you forget you are wearing them. Very well made, a cross between a trainer and a shoe. Perfect for most casual occasions.

I would recommend them to anyone wanting casual and comfortable footwear. Happy feet.
on 16 January 2016
I bought these for every day wear. They fit perfectly and feel very comfortable and will only get better with time as they wear in. The inner sole is from memory foam uppers are made from real leather and the sole from a rubber. They look better than the photos and Polish up really well.
I have posted some photos of closer up. I would recommend these shoes if you are considering buying them. I am a size 7 and bought a UK 7 for £35 on offer. They as expected.
review image review image review image
on 6 January 2016
Having ordered size 10 in charcoal grey, and having a very precise artist's eye for colour recognition, I would describe the shoes I received as being a washed out olive colour,,,,,certainly not grey of any shade or hue. The shoe box label also indicates 'CHAR' for charcoal grey. Um,,,,,no way. No problem however, as I always fancied a pair of greenish brown leather shoes.These went perfectly with the olive green corduroy jeans I was wearing at the time of the delivery. The shoes seem to be a wide fitting size 10. That is good for me, who has wide size 10 feet. So fate has provided me with a happy ending, considering that I hadn't got exactly what I'd ordered. Let's hope your ordering experiences will have such a flukily happy ending. What are the odds on that I wonder.

Eamonn

P.S. One of the 4 purely decorative rivets, near the elasticated sections of the left shoe, fell off 3 hours after I wrote my review. It gets better doesn't it ?! Still well worth 5 stars, I'm sure you'll agree.
on 17 January 2016
Very comfortable shoes, and very good value at the price I paid to Amazon (£35.40). These shoes replaced a similar pair that I bought in 2013 - the uppers wore very well, but the soles eventually wore out; a shame, but not really worth getting them resoled when you look at the new price on Amazon; never had a good experience with resoling cheaper shoes, anyway. I had a lot of wear out of the first pair of shoes, so I'm not really grumbling ;-)

The only real downside that I've experienced with these shoes is that the tread pattern holds a lot mud/grit etc, and can be quite fiddly to clean. But I guess that's the price to pay for a decent grip.