on 8 November 2009
I purchased this jacket for a trip to euro Disney.I wanted something lightweight I could put in my bag but would also keep me dry if needed. This jacket fitted the bill perfectly. Have had 'pacamacs' before which were no good for anything other than a shower, but this one was heavy enough to keep me warm over a hoodie and kept me completely dry after an 8 hr soaking walking round the parks.
I got a large after previous reviews stated the sizes were a little small, but I found if anything a medium would've been ample. I am a size 14/16 and with a couple of layers and a very thick surfing hoodie the jacket still had loads of room.
Am now looking to get one for my 3 year old for walking the dog during the winter. Would definitely recommend this product
on 2 September 2009
I wanted a packaway jacket for summer walks in lieu of my 3-layer gortex jacket I have for winter walks.
Pros - Does exactly what it professes to do. Versatile, packs away to an extremely small size and handy clip allows it to be hung off belt loops etc. to allow hands-free use. 100% waterproof in very heavy summer downpours. (Don't know how it would react to long periods of constant wind and rain).
Cons - Hood could do with being a bit deeper but this should not put you off.
Summary - An excellent value for money product.
on 1 December 2009
I am 1.84m and 85kg and I bought the X-Large which I think is great to wear over a normal coat. Despite it being a bit loose (which I think means that it could accomodate bigger people than me) it doesn't look bulky but very neat indeed. I am fully satisfied with it and would definitely recommend it.
on 12 May 2009
This product does every thing you need.Liveing in north east Scotland a jacket that is easy to carry around is water and wind proof is essential.
on 26 July 2009
This jacket has proved invaluable to me over the last few weeks, it is completely waterproof and is also breathable, so you don't get all sweaty in it and there have been times when I have had to wear it all day. It comes with a little stuff sack which is really useful and the pockets have velcro fastening. I have just bought another one for my daughter to put in her school bag incase she gets rained on whilst walking to school. Excellent value for money. The colour does have a blue sheen to it if that would bother you at all!
VINE VOICEon 11 July 2009
I needed something to pack in my daily bag instead of carrying around a huge jacket that'll make me sweaty in a warm rainy day. It turned out to be quite handy and useful. It's always in my bag and during my camping and hiking in real bad weather and 24/7 rain in the highlands in scotland it just performed the way it should, unlike other expensive shiny brands that failed the test and got soaked.

Only thing about it is that it is not breathable but that won't make any difference if you wear a long-sleeve t-shirt under it.
Value for money
on 18 November 2009
I needed a new raincoat because my old one had disappeared, but didn't really want to spend a great deal of money in case the old one turned up (which had cost me quite a bit and was a really good coat). I thought this one seemed cheap and cheerful but honestly didn't expect much - I know other people that have bought "Kag in a bag" style raincoats which have been leaky and not worked very well and I thought this might be the same kind of thing. But this has actually been great! Just as good as my old raincoat, it's kept me dry and is also a good wind breaker too. As someone has said before, the hood is a bit small but it's not really a big issue.

For sizing, I'm about a women's size 10-12 and bought a Small, which is a perfect fit :)
on 1 July 2009
More a very dark blue, but for the money who can complain. Tried it out in typical Glastonbury weather and it kept me dry. Not bad at all.
on 31 January 2010
The Gelert rainpod really is truly lightweight and rainproof. It is ideal to carry with you just in case and you have the convenience of a tidy carrying bag. For those on a tight budget it is real value for money. If you need to wear it over a fleece I would suggest you get a size bigger than your usual coat size.
on 19 August 2011
I purchased this for running in. I'm a regular morning runner, and living in Manchester where it rains a lot, I was tired of having the weather dictate whether I exercised or not. I was looking for a cheap, lightweight, jacket that would keep me dry. The jacket is superb value. It's very lightweight, and I don't sweat anymore whilst wearing it for running, than I do when wearing a lightweight, cotton top. I actually think it's exceptional quality for the money. It's not a fashion accessory, it's a practical, functional, piece of leisurewear, that does the job brilliantly. I would certainly recommend this product!!