Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now

on 26 May 2015
This is not suitable for under 4s in my experience. Our daughter is tall for her age and at 3 this is still too big for her so this stays in the garage and we've bought another one. She can move onto this and we'll use the other one for our younger son but I would not recommend buying this for under 4. The minimum height is much higher than many other bikes.
on 9 September 2013
This is for my grandson and I like it so gave it a 4 but there are a couple of issues small ones The seat padding was not well stitched and irritates my 2yr old grandsons leg plus the varnish on the frame was also quite rough and again its his leg that gets red when he rides this in his shorts I have put these things right but the overall quality could have been better From a practical point of view its a wonderful training aid and toy teaching ballance and stearing without the added complication of peddaling. I would recomend it.
on 4 November 2015
We bought this for 2.5 year old. We wanted something different and with proper tyres. We had it for a year now and had no issues with it.
The seat is adjustable. Because it has a proper tyres it doesn't affect the ride on any surface. Very soft in use. It's quite heavy to carry around.
Highly recommended. A proper little bike for a little boy.
on 26 December 2012
Finish and build quality was better than expected, no complaints there. Easy to build but a wee bit too big for my 2yr old boy, (only an inch as he can put his tip toes down) Will do some DIY and remedy this though. Does what it says on the Box, only thing I'd say is don't over tighten the front wheel or it will stop turning, common sense to loosen it if you do what I did. So for the price, no complaints, excellent really.
Edit: Still no complaints from me but my wee boy was complaining of being sore after being on it a period of time. This I discovered was because the seat was slightly wider than the body and rubbing against the insides of his thighs. Easy to fix though, took it off, pulled out the staples for the seat cover. Put seat back on then marked it before sawing off the extra wee bit over before stapling the cover back on. 15min and the wee man is well happy. Have noticed he now sits better on it, as I said before though he was a wee bit to small for it so this might also be a factor so I still stick with my 5 stars :-)
Excellent quality ... Excellent design ... And it works: Small kids actually aquire some ballance very fast !!! Don't forget to screw all the screws once and a while, or they will get loose !!!
on 2 July 2013
Love the bike and so too does our son. Like many have said before it was a little too big for my two year old (and he's tall) but in a few months I'm sure there will be no stopping him. Very good quality.
on 24 May 2013
Update March 2016: 3 years on and I've bought another one of these fantastic balance bikes. The one that we bought before was still very usable but my wife insisted that our second boy got a new one for his 2nd birthday just like his big brother.

February 2013: I can't fault this balance bike in any way.
I did a lot of research on them before I bought for our 2 year old and I had my head turned by some of the fancy (and expensive) race replica type balance bikes. Some of those have pretty low handle-bars which can compromise comfort and stability. The high handle bars on the Prince Lionheart make the riding position for a little fella who's learning about balance.

The build quality is excellent also. The plywood construction means that it's sturdy, durable and light. The wheels a good and chunky and don't seem to have any significant rolling resistance. There are rubber flanges either side of the pin that holds the fork to the frame which means that the front wheel will tend towards returning to centre when let go. This doesn't impede steering though which is very free and easy.

Assembly couldn't have been simpler and the height adjustable seat means that it should last well into the future.

We got this for our little man in January for his 2nd birthday and he was balancing within two weeks. He has since given it plenty hardship and it has stood up very well.

I don't think anyone could do better than this balance bike considering the price point. It's the best thing we've bought for his lordship!
on 29 August 2014
Quick delivery and easy to put together but my son who just turned 2 in July is a bit small for it,he can not reach the floor so he's not used it yet but my 6 year on has been on it and it was very sturdy.
on 5 October 2014
We bought this for my 2yr old! I can't rate it enough, it's fantastic!!!
It's well made, looks fantastic and my son loves it!
It's made my life so much easier, he rides it everywhere which is great as it saves me carrying him when he gets tired! He's gained so much confidence, his balance is spot on, I'm excited to see how much this will benefit him when he progresses on to his first biscycle!
on 10 January 2013
easy to assemble my two and a half year old took to it strait away,build quality good very smooth to ride.