Customer reviews

Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original packaging|Change

on 8 January 2015
It's good ONLY if you have a toilet bowl with the outlet being a perfect circle. Plenty of punch when you give it some, but it does suck up into the main body. So be weary, you will need to twist off the handle which releases the pressure and the sucked up water can escape. But if any solids (tissue or worse) have been sucked up, then you will have the delightful job of trying to get it from your toilet to the bath to give it a good wash.

REMEMBER: If your toilet bowl outlet section at the bottom is some funky rectangular or dodecahedron shape then this is not going to be effective. You will have to do what I did: sacrifice your Nan's christmas gift shirt you though you'd never wear and wrap that around the bottom of the plunger body to help form a better seal around the edges.

Hope that helps.
11 Comment| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2017
I picked the box up on the way home from work. There had been a near full blockage for a few days now and after a few chemical cleaners it was time to get serious.

I opened the package and screwed the handle in, ready to go already! I charged into the toilet with my oversized butt plug and ramped it into the toilet bowl.

First flush, got the pumping going with one hand on the tip (obviously with long rubber gloves on) and the other gripped firmly round the handle.

Wouldn't budge.

The bowl slowly drained back to its normal depth.

Second flush, I was pumping more vigorously than before but in my efforts I had loosened the handle so I was working against myself and still the blockage would not budge. I tighten the handle and readied myself for another go.

Third flush, wildly pumping, the water turning ever more brown and bits of debris being propelled to the surface, still wouldn't budge.

I wondered what I could have possible put down there to warrant this kind of strenuous activity when I hear and thud and a sucking sound. The bowl drains almost instantaneously, I am victorious!! I would've waved the plunger around but at this point you can guess what was on it.

I run a shallow cold bath with bleach for Rex to relax in after a well done job. What a wonderful addition to the family!
on 25 March 2016
I'm pretty bewildered on how this thing has received so many good reviews. Did people buy it as a pool-toy super soaker? Because spraying water is about all it's good for. It doesn't even remotely create a seal so I imagine if you had, say, a blocked toilet (gasp), and you jammed this thing down it and pumped with any kind of gusto... all that would happen is that water would rush against the clog, turn around, and rush back out at you. Luckily my toilet was only partially clogged but even so this thing didn't help. At all. Buy a normal plunger instead!
on 26 March 2017
Don't bother with this. If it doesn't fit the toilet, it doesn't work. I had to call out Thames water 'home serve', who used a brilliant one. I think the luxury toilet paper that I started to use was causing a problem, so they had to come out again a few months later. Their plunger worked a charm, again. So now I have just purchased a similar one. It's the Monument 1453e Suction Plunger 5.1/2in available at amazon. Hopefully this will do the trick as my toilet has just blocked up again, and Thames water can't get to me for another 6 days. Ridiculous!
on 19 March 2017
I tried to make this work. I tried everything that everybody had written. I tried it with more buckets of water than you can imagine, and using this plunger as directed. It didn't work. As many others have reported, this plunger forms no seal on many toilets. Therefore, it's useless. I have no idea how I am going to permanently cure this often blocking, slow filling toilet, but this plunger isn't the answer.
on 6 June 2017
This is a proper toilet plunger. It's the most effective one I've ever used. I've rented too many places with dodgy plumbing and have reluctantly been faced with these issues on more occasions than anyone should have to. Do yourself a favour and get this one if you're having problems with a loo – the ones that look like they should be attached to a Dalek are for sinks and baths.
on 29 April 2017
The bottom of our toilet is rectangular in shape and after it got blocked I was struggling to identify a plunger that would guarantee a seal. I decided to take a chance on this due to the amount of water is moves as part of the pumping action and also because it was available for same day delivery! It took about 20 vigorous plunges to finally get things moving but what a relief when it did! I won't go into the details but I'd also recommend something to block your nose if your toilet was as bad as mine!
on 18 June 2017
A genius device. Cannot recommend this too highly. It usually clears everything in just one or two plunges. Unscrew the handle for easy cleaning by running hot water through the insides.
on 22 December 2016
Excellent product, took care of a particularly "difficult load".....I'm giving it 4 stars as due to some splashback I needed to take a shower after using it, and still feel a little soiled
on 6 March 2017
Worked well, cleared the blockage which hot water and washing up liquid failed to shift.
Buying this was the last step before calling a plumber out, glad I did, the blockage cleared within 5 minutes of use!