on 1 August 2012
I supect many of you out there have been on the same quest as I have - to find a bluetooth dongle for Windows 7 64 bit for a desktop computer. OK, perhaps not many, but at least several?

Well stop looking - this is it. Forget the other big names - any dongle using the standard driver and software won't prove stable enough to run a keyboard and mouse. But this one does, finally allowing me to use my Microsoft 6000 keyboard - the only keyboard which ticks all my boxes.

Any faults? Yes, my bios either doesn't enable bluetooth, or the dongle isn't seen as owning a keyboard, but whichever, my box won't boot without a keyboard wireless dongle in just for the bios boot.

P.S. As a previous review has already said, make sure you install the provided drivers before inserting the dongle.
on 25 June 2015
Ages ago we bought a Canon printer which claimed to do Bluetooth - great, I thought, will be able to fire things at it from my phone. Alas it was only "capable" and required a wireless dongle which cost around 60quid which I was not going to pay, especially considering the item probably cost a miniscule fraction of that to make. I was pondering the matter again recently and found a review which claimed this would do the job. So I got this one and stuck it straight in the printer and YAY!! Bluetooth!! I haven't even looked at the disc which came with it yet....
on 26 March 2010
I bought this one together with a Trust bluetooth dongle to connect my Nokia phone with my laptop at home and also work computer.
It is easy to install with the CD, took me a while to make sure I got the Vista installation order right. Vista was quite unnerving in prompting to install it constantly while I installed from the CD.
in XP it is first plug-in then install, in Vista the other way round.
I like most Hama products, cheap and reliable. I have to admit the TRUST dongle has a better menu to select the different actions you want to take with the phone I connect.
Just ordered the Nokia bluetooth earphones, so fingers crossed I get them to work on my phone and computer alike.
on 16 November 2011
An unobtrusive, tiny little gizmo that plugs straight into one of the front USB ports on my desktop PC and won't get knocked out. so that's a big plus compared to the now clumsy looking old bluesoleil one I made do with for years and unlike that one, this doesn't keep nagging me to download pointless updates that won't install properly.Don't install the Windows update for bluetooth adapters as this thing doesn't seem to work with it.I'm not entirely happy with the rather basic interface so have knocked a star off.
on 14 December 2012
It took longer than I thought to set up. This was mainly due to the software being supplied on a mini disk. My pc has a slot loading drive! The drivers could not be found on the internet. In the end I used another pc to copy the contents of the mini cd to a usb stick. Once the software is installed, the rest was quite easy.

I use this on my laptop (no onboard bluetooth obviously) to send audio to a SoundWave SW50 Portable Bluetooth Speaker. The range varies with about 6 meters in line of sight and perhaps a couple of meters with any obstruction. I consider this to be good value even though there are some much cheaper ones available - wouldn't take the risk.
on 9 July 2014
Bought for the use with the Turtle Beach XP500's (AKA PX5's, MW3 Deltas and Black Ops 2 Tangos), connected well, but the quality wasn't high at all, my mic in a webcam, Logitech C270, provided a better microphone quality.

Still a good buy though, the software for connecting devices was very quick.
on 28 August 2012
First off I'm not a pc wizard but got this playing my music from Windows7 64 bit in no time , a link to help you if you are having problems ([...]) I teamed this little guy up with JUSTOP BTR006 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Audio Receiver (also did a review on that) and my surround sound speakers and away you go , no more wire's , hope this help's you make up your mind , and good luck.
on 8 June 2014
Considering this is supposed to be one of the best on the market, I found it quite poor. The sound transmission was out of sync with my bluetooth headphones when playing video through my PC... So yeah, useless really, for the price this should be better quality!
on 13 August 2011
I ordered a Hama Nano bluetooth USB adaptor hoping it would work on my laptop with windows 7 64 bit, no need to have been concerned, it worked perfect first time. I was so pleased with the performance I have taken delivery of a second one for my desktop working with XP. Great value.
on 17 February 2012
I have used a number of bluetooth dongles with Windows and none of them have worked properly, even the Belkin one I bought recently. This one worked perfectly first time, has excellent drivers and software which automatically detect and set up any kind of bluetooth device, including headphones. Five star product.

One point to note is that the supplied CD does not have 64-bit drivers but it has a link to download them, which was quick and painless.