on 7 December 2010
We bought my 6 year old daughter this cage for her Christmas present and then we have adopted a dwarf hamster last week. "Rosie" the dwarf hamster loves it and has settled in very well! I've cleaned it once and it was very easy to do. The wheel is silent enought. It did take time to put together but was simple enough!
on 14 December 2012
Your hamster deserves better. These cages are all about looking attractive to kids rather than giving the occupant a nice life.
on 26 April 2011
I like this prouduct as it is modern. however my pet has escaped from it a few times; and now we have lost him as he escaped into a different room. this is because the sheet of instructions is not very clear. i didn't put the top on correctly. if i had put it on correctly he would'nt have escaped.
another issue is the drinking bottle. whenever my hamster drank from it, it dripped out on to the sawdust surrounding it, so i had to replace the saw dust round that area every day.
apart from these issues my hamster did love this cage as the compartment with the wheel in was fun to explore. he also loved climbing across the top of the cage.
my hamster did love this cage.
on 24 January 2013
Practical & fun cage.
Our 2 hammies love to vary their sleeping space - sometimes under the gym steps by day & in the house at night!
Cage allows for deep bedding, so there can be lots of burying activity.

The wheel was rickety & v noisy at first (hence 4 stars) - but after some adjustment & suitable 'oiling' it runs smoothly & so much more quietly!!

(Thinking of purchasing a Combi1 to add on, which will allow more play area, space for more toys & another wheel so they won't have to share the wheel at the same time!)
on 17 March 2016
Love this tank, it is has great large Windows meaning better viewing for your hamster I bought it as an add on to the circus cage and "cookie" a dwarf hamster loves the extra room to run around and it fits on without buying extra tubes, though we may get more tubes later to extend-- last photo with more tubes added
review image review image review image
on 4 January 2013
I bought this as part of an extension to my already large sized hamster cage.

It arrived in perfect condition and within the expected delivery timeframe.

My hamster loves the gym and has moved his bed into it from his main cage and insists on sleeping in there. Whilst the blue platform clicks into the floor of the gym my hamster squeezes himself underneath the platform and eventually gets it to flip up, so he can either move it to sleep in the corner or gets in it and sleeps in it. His also chewed a big hole in this platform, but that's what hamsters like to do.

I wouldn't really think this would be big enough (as one cage) for a syrian hamster, but probably ok for a dwarf hamster.

My only critisism would be that tubes can be difficult to line up well with another cage. By which I mean that the lengths of the tubes don't match the holes well (With the exception of the tubes in the original design of the product), but I got work in the end.
on 17 October 2011
This cage is far too small for a syrian. A syrian hamster can fit in these tubes even as an adult so if you buy this for a baby and then as it matures attach it to something like the ferplast laura cage then its brilliant. The wheel is too small for an adult syrian however. A large bin cage would be another option for a syrian

For a single dwarf this is probably sufficient however for an adult id recommend the adition of another unit like this, to there would be two cages and one exercise module or even better attaching this to a savic mickey max wire cage (though that requires a bit of DIY as there are no tube connectors on the savic cage, you have to buy them and cut wires of the cage to fit them). Another brilliant option for a dwarf is a glass aquarium or a bin cage

This is a better option compared to Rotastak though if you want a commercial cage.
on 12 July 2012
This cage is very good for mice or a small dwarf hamster but please buy a bigger one if you want a Syrian hamster :D my furry friend will love this!
on 9 May 2016
Lovely cage area for dwarf hamsters but the problem is they chewed the tunnel connectors to the point, the tunnel came loose and one escaped. Luckily we found him straight away. Sending mine back for a refund
on 24 July 2011
this combi cage, was the worst buy i have bought from amazon very dissapointed :( !!!!
the hole gym, was missing and the tunnel bits were too !!
if they were in there still would not of been happy, as the cage is way toooo small for my syrian hamster, the measurments on the description page were completley wrong, as the cage was around 29 cm legnth !!!! overall really dissapointed, i bought a differant cage and the gym, buy the gym seperatley and it's fantastic a really good buy !!