VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 December 2015
Notepads rather than a shorthand or reporter's notebook and also a little larger at A5, these can be useful to have around the home or at the workplace and utilise a far better quality of paper.

The covers are moderately stiff and together form an excellent supportive surface. The paper is a fairly bright white and of reasonable quality. However, although purchased with a partial intention to use with fountain pens, there is not only some surface bleeding of the ink but also about as much from one side of the paper through to the other. This paper is not therefore ideal for any water- or liquid-based inks such as rollerballs and is probably only suited to use with ballpoints and possibly gel pens.

The pages are lightly feint ruled with wide spacing and also micro-perforated so that they could be used for correspondence as the manufacturers claim the paper to be of 'Premium Quality' but it is unfortunately not, just marketable quality.

It is a pack of three and so very good value.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 25 March 2017
I use these particular pads as the mainstay for note-taking during my working day. As a writer I do a lot of research, and whilst I don't use pen and paper for my actual output I *do* use them for jotting down to-do items, taking telephone numbers, etc etc. This brand has always been towards the top of my must buy list, mainly thanks to offering a combination of quality and cost that seems to get the balance about right.

The paper quality is just right for me, thick enough so that rollerball ink or biro impressions do not bleed through to the next page. The pages are perforated as well as lined, which makes for a tidy method of disposal rather than leaving a trail of torn bits across my desk.

The binding is strong, the pages turn nicely and these particular 'premium quality' pads have 200 of them in 80gsm A5 format.

A good buy, and I'd be truly lost in my office without them...
review imagereview image
on 4 September 2016
I’ve never used Pukka Pads before and this is my first purchase. I needed something where I could write notes in and not to bulky to carry.

The Pukka Pads are great. The paper is of good quality that I can use a variety of pens without bleeding or leaking through to the other side. The pages are lined with nice spacing. My favourite feature is the perforated edge on each page that allows you to take a page out cleanly and easily. The wirebound spine makes it easy to hold in one hand, making it great for keeping a log or notes in.

I use the notebooks for work and at home and would recommend them for anyone after good quality portable notebooks.
review imagereview image
22 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 September 2014
I use these and their A4 counterparts as notebooks in the office and for making notes on books I am reading as part of my book group. The paper is of good quality and even copes with a traditional fountain pen ink. They are lined but not ruled, which some may not like, but the pages are detachable along a perforation so it is straightforward to remove pages to a file without the whole notebook coming apart. The price for this three-pack is a bargain - my local supermarket sells them at about £3 each.
on 29 August 2015
I use these on a regular basis to write revision notes in for my university studies and am very pleased with them, having bought this product several times over!

The pages are not only thick, meaning you can easily use both sides of the page, but are a brilliant crisp white with clear distinct lines. This is much better than the notebooks I'm used to of a similar price, which had thin paper (causing my writing to bleed through to the other side) but were an odd grayish colour which made pencil hard to see! I also like how these notepads come with a generous 200 pages, which means I can fit a lot in them - particularly useful when I want to keep a particular subject in one place instead of spread over several different books. The pages are ring bound nicely providing for easy flicking through (unlike past ones I've had where the rings where too tight and continuously caught the pages) and are perforated along the edge where they meet the binding, meaning they can be torn out neatly and left with a straight edge.

All in all a good quality product at a good price, far better than other alternatives!
on 31 December 2017
As of writing, 84% of people have given a 5-star rating. For good reason too. Lovely paper to write on, it feels good under the pen. The paper is of sufficient weight that ink doesn't pass through to the other side. Line spacing is comfortable for tall capitals and long tails, but not too big that it looks chunky. The front cover is a thick card; much like a Birthday card. The rear is slightly thicker. At 200 pages the thickness is about right for everyday carry. I ordered 6 of these for under £12. Bargain.
on 17 April 2018
I've used the A4 version of this notebook throughout my first year at uni for my lecture notes and loved it so I decided to buy these to use to teach myself Spanish with. At first I was happy as they seemed like a very similar quality to the A4 version and were a good size for what I needed until I turned the page. I use stabilo boss highlighters as I'm a visual learner and saw the other side of the page I'd just written on was littered with bleeding from the highlighters. I carried on writing with the hope that it wouldn't look too bad but as I finished the second page it just looked very messy. I turned back to first page and saw that it also had bled through significantly. This isn't a problem I faced with the A4 version so I was surprised.

These are very good little notebooks if you're not looking to use highlighters or if you don't mind a little bleeding so I will use them for other purposes.
review image
on 2 August 2017
3 books, good size. Have been used pretty hard and show no signs of letting up particularly. The covers obviously get a bit worn but as an engineer who has either filthy hands or am balancing them in van that means they slide around they're still in good nick.
on 4 August 2017
Yes there are cheaper alternatives, but they won't be this quality.

Although I only use them for writing my endless household to-do lists and things to remember to do, there is something nice about writing on good quality paper. This is therefore probably an expensive way when all I need is scrap paper / post-it note but they are such good quality I wouldn't want to use anything else.
on 5 February 2018
I have gone through so many of these notebooks throughout university.
They are a really handy size. The paper is good quality, which means you can write on both sides as the ink doesn't sink through.
I would definitely recommend getting these, especially on amazon as you get 3 books for a really good price!