on 10 February 2006
The songs on this extended soundtrack showcase not only the famous tracks ( eg Berlin , Kenny Loggins ) , but have also added in ( for the deluxe edition ) the original Righteous Brothers version of "..Lovin' Feeling" amongst other tracks . Upon listening to the album again , I felt right back in the 80's ( for some people a good thing , for others a bad one ! ) and I realise that the tracks on this album really do seem to signify that whole time in music and I can just see the shoulder pads , shiny suits , ripped jeans , peroxide hairdo's ....etc
For those of a more musical nature , the instrumental Top Gun Anthem by Harold 'Axel F' Faltemeyer and Steve Stevens ( guitarist with Billy Idol ) features some cracking soloing !
on 18 December 2003
Although undeniably eighties and more than a little cheesey at times, this soundtrack is fantastic. Not only does it transport you instantly back to that feel good feeling you got when watching the film for the first, second and third time, but it makes great driving music in the way it sub-conciously makes you believe that somehow your car has transformed into an F-14 fighter and that you can make the speed of sound. Admittedly my car can't make this kind of speed so instead I unavoidbly end up singing along to all of the tracks.
If you loved the film, you'll love every moment of this soundtrack. A must have for any true Top Gun lover's CD collection.
on 20 November 2001
There is an excellent mixture of some "lost" hits.
Miami Sound Machine, Kenny Loggins, Berlin's "Take my Breath Away."
I can't imagine growing tired of this album. It's made for excellent driving music... gets me through rush hour but also through long, dark exhausting, lonely nights on the highway. (I travel a lot.)
Highly recommend it to any 80's music fans regardless.
on 3 July 2016
An 80s classic movie! A good mix of 80s music featuring 2 tracks from Kenny Loggins, Cheap Trick, Loverboy, Miami Sound Machine, etc. The standout track for me is the every haunting "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin. If you loved the movie, get this cd. If you are a fan of 80s American AOR music, or 80s music in general, give this a try. A REALLY good album!
on 20 June 2016
A great album that brings back great memories. Stunning productions from the likes of Giorgio Moroder & Harold Faltermeyer that you just don't get these days. The extra tracks are nice along with the 12" version of 'Playing with the boys'.
on 27 November 2015
Just the best. I don;t know how I ever came to miss this soundtrack and film back in the 80's think it must have been the only time I've ever been seriously ill. Great great album and film, its without a doubt my top 5 all time. LOVE this and I bought the extended version as well, absolutely terrific.
on 29 January 2015
A nostalgic classic. One of the first films I remember watching as a child with what has arguably one of the best soundtracks. I bought the extended version, however, received the normal soundtrack. As I purchased this from Amazon, however, I managed to get the other tracks on the Amazon Music Player for free, making up for this. Great value CD, fantastic songs and a great item. Nice to hear the full versions of the songs, especially Cheap Trick's Mighty Wings, reminds me of the quote when Maverick says: "I'll hit the brakes and he'll fly right by". Definitely worth taking the risk of going down the "highway to the danger zone" and buying this item if you love the music or the film. Prompt service and delivery.
on 22 March 2015
Great CD with good music. I've had this CD for years and this one was for a friend of mine. However case was broken which could have been from dropping through letterbox. They don't put CD's in protective envelopes anymore (I've also had a second CD where it was just in a card envelope and was slightly damaged).
on 4 February 2005
Best soundtrack ever, its age just makes it that little bit more special, however this is the soundtrack to purchase, would recommend to anyone, and Dangerzone has to be the best track by far!
on 3 December 2013
What more can I say? 'Top Gun' is definitely my favourite film of all time, and the music is a rip-roaring nostalgia trip through both the movie and the confident, optimistic, determined era which spawned it! A true must-own classic!