on 19 July 2011
I have two Springer spaniels and they both love to go on long walks and get wet, but each time their paws get wet when we get home we have to go through two hours of scratching licking and general craziness until their paws are completely dry.

I thought these would be the answer to the problem, I had hear other reviews that were bad but I thought it would have been because of the ground their dogs walked over, as we own a big field with only grass I thought they should last a long time.

First walk - OMG these are great we have just had a walk in the rain and although to start with they walk a bit funny they soon got over it and started to play like normal, when we got back home I took them off and they were dry so no mad scratching.

Second walk - These still seem to work great although had a longer walk to day and it's like they have sweated in them but no actual rain water.

Third walk - These now leak and when I have had a closer look they little holes in.

Forth walk - Today two of the shoes have a claw coming through, have now given up as if they ruin so quick they are not worth the money.

These boots would suit a dog with no energy and who doesn't run and lifts their paws up properly on every step. I was very diligent about looking after these washing them and drying them after each walk but they still didn't last long.

I recommend buying something of better quality even if it might cost more to start with.
44 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2011
My dog was having trouble with snow freezing under her paws making it difficult to walk, I ordered these and put them on the next time we went out in the snow - they were amazing.
on 2 December 2010
Fantastic product! My dog loves them! Have been looking for something, which stays on his paws - AND THESE ACTUALLY DO! He has pyoderma, which affects the area between his pads and road salt really irritates them. Now I can take him for walks in the snow. Quick delivery from seller and excellent communications *****
on 20 June 2010
The boots are not as durable as I had hoped but fitted really well over a dressing and stayed on well with the dressing off. My dog had a v badly cut paw and these have been invaluable in keeping it clean so he can still go out on walks- I will definately be buying more of these for my first aid kit and have already recommended them to friends
on 29 April 2015
Hi i have a english bulldog (male) who weighs 36kg so has quite big paws but my question is he has to have a Robert Jones Dressing changed every other day from surgery on his paw but need to keep it clean and dry, do you think i should order a extra large boot?
review image
on 27 November 2010
my dog has to wear permanant protection on one of her feet this product is easy to fit stays on and is very protective i will be ordering again ,when it wears out.
on 13 November 2011
I got these after my 13yr old Staffie injured her back and was having mobility problems (recovered now). Having wooden floors and tiles in some areas of the house was a problem, but these were perfect. There is a bit of a knack to putting them on but once on they are great, no chance of slipping in these. I can imagine that they would work well for covering a cut paw (providing they let you put it on), to help keep the dirt out and possibly a good addition to a hiking first aid kit. The only possible issue is that they can make the dogs foot quite sweaty if left on for a long time, so wouldn't be good for long term use. Having said that, they did help my dog with her walking, she easily got use to them which was better than most other things i tried.
on 27 January 2014
These are not boots as such. They are more like a thick deflated balloon. They are difficult to get on but once on are not too bad (although they slip around the paw a bit). They are very good for elderly dogs or dogs that slip easily on polished floors or laminated floors as they are non-slip and give the dogs confidence (and avoid injuries caused by slipping). They do keep the dog's feet dry and clean too when out walking in adverse weather but if you walk your dog on hard ground a lot, they do wear through quite quickly. One word of caution though, do not leave these on your dog for long periods of time as they are quite tight around the ankles and could interfere with the circulation. Also, if left on for a long time, they cause the paw to sweat as no air can get through them and this could cause fungal infections and discomfort.
on 23 September 2015
I've been buying Pawz for some time. They are intended to protect bandages from getting wet or dirty, and are not specifically meant to be used as exercise boots, so if your dog is very active (particularly on pavement or stony ground), don't expect them to last long. Having said that, my old GSD (15 years) tends to scuff her back feet and these little rubber socks are great at protecting her pads - one pair lasts many weeks. I thoroughly recommend them for dogs whose feet are sensitive to grass, or who have cracked pads, and to protect dogs' feet from road salt in winter; if you want proper 'hiking boots', you'll need to spend a lot more on sturdy footwear! (Please note that because the neck of the bootie is very close-fitting, my vet recommends that they should not be worn for long periods - they should be removed as soon as the dog comes back from a walk.) Make sure you measure your dog's paws properly so that you order the right size.
on 31 December 2010
Right size for a westie who needs to cover a bandaged foot to keep it waterproof so they can still go for a walk. This is one for a first aid box as my westie is unlucky when it comes to grass seeds