on 28 June 2014
I got mine from Halfords £129 they had a deal on not long ago. I also purchased the adaptor lead (SOT-092) for my Ford radio 6000 unit. (I installed this myself in my Ford Transit connect van 2007 plate) Install is pretty straight forward Halfords can check what lead your vehicle requires by checking your reg on there system.

I must say the sound quality is superb and has really enhanced the quality of the speakers in my van. Handsfree and having a conversation on the motorway is brilliant very clear and the other person I'm talking to has never said I can't hear your or are you driving. Comes with a USB, iPhone4 and a AUX input, also the screen it selfs takes a media card so plenty of ways to play your music.

I just stream my phone via my amazon cloud on 3G then Bluetooth it to my Parrot MKIi9200

I do about 1000 miles a week I just can't believe I didn't get this sooner!
on 9 March 2009
I love all the connectivity of this system allowing Ipods, MP3 players / USb sticks SD cards all to be connected to play music whilst in the car and it works VERY well as a hands free kit too with most phones however it does struggle a bit with the Iphone 3G - This appears to be down to the iphone however and not the car kit - Apparently the iphone has some noise cancelling functions on it for background noise which get a bit over excited when used through the car kit which can make the person in the car sound a bit distant to the remote user - Doesn't happen every time and I am sure Apple will come up with a solution in a firmware update as the iphone did it on my last car kit too - Back to the parrot - I love it - It does get a bit of stick for being a little unrealiable in establishing a connection but has worked EVERY time for me!
on 26 April 2014
The hands free functionality is good. Make sure you install the cable with the USB connection where you can get at it. I use a iPhone5 and have twice had to do a firmware update on this after the phone firmware was updated (music stopped streaming properly).

I chose this because of the music streaming capability. It is very frustrating that every time you get a text or email, the music stops for a few seconds. As I get tweets from BBC news, if something big happens on the news (and you get lots of tweets) you may as well stop listening to the streamed music because it stops and starts so much.

There may be a way around this, if there is, Parrot were not aware of it when I phoned them.

The phone functionality all works very well - but I bought it for both music streaming and hands free phone.

I hope this review was useful and fair.
on 30 January 2016
I like many others I have read about now have horrible trouble with the remote piece of equipment for this. As such I could never recommend anyone to purchase it, poorly designed and not a quality product. The parrot basic device I had years ago was better. Very very disappointed in the build quality of this item.
on 19 June 2016
This is a great alternative if your car does not come already kitted with bluetooth or your radio does not have an aux jack. Once installed preferably with an approved installer, unless you can install it yourself, it works flawlessly (note you will need to purchase an additional SOT lead specifically for your model of car ) it bypasses the car radio so the radio doesn't need to be switched on, but the sound is routed through the car speakers. The kit comes with many useful features. You can pair up to two phones at a time and phonebook is downloaded on the kit for easy access it synchronises each time your phone connects to it and adds new contacts. Sound quality it brilliant whilst playing music, rich base sound, equaliser, base, volume etc can be adjusted to your liking using remote control, microphone works well during voice calls, though on occasion voice recognition doesn't appear to work well so you have to scroll through phone book to make a call which is a minor flaw which maybe over time may be rectified after it gets used to my pronunciation . Screen display is clear and easy to read, comes with aux cables so you can play music via ipod or any device that does not have bluetooth. The manufacturers have thought of everything as you can system update the kit via the usb cable supplied which negates the need to buy a newer kit in the future unless you really want to. Though the kit may appear expensive compared to the clip on or connect via cigarette lighter type bluetooth kits on the market it is worth every penny in the long run as it works really well and can be transferred to another car if you ever decide buy a new one. The only thing extra you will need in addition will be a new SOT to suit.
on 4 February 2014
I bought this device after lots of researching and after being told by a professional installer that it would not work with the OEM radio in a Mazda 2 (the one with LCD and volume button located inside a plastic circle below the CD slot). The car-compatibility wizard on the Parrot website, however, disagreed and advised me to to buy this adapter cable:

INKA-902848-80-3A ISO SOT Mute Lead for Parrot...

...which fortunately worked (it seems that not all of the adapters advertised to be compatible with the Mazda 2 actually work). The MKi9200 is a somewhat basic BT kit but it works more or less flawlessly. The only gripe I have is that when using Bluetooth it takes the MKi9200 a few seconds to connect to, and synchronise with, my iPhone 4S. Also, pressing the play button on the remote does not cause the MKi9200 to start playing music even though the MKi9200 has synchronised with the phone. I have to jumpstart the Bluetooth connection by pressing the play button on the phone it self or go into the settings menu on the MKi9200 and select the 'connect' option. Only then will the play button on the little remote that comes with the MKi9200 start working as expected. The remote is a bit clunky but it is way more useful than I expected it to be. I glued mine to the steering wheel. Note that the iPhone is not listed in the device list in the MKi9200. I had to select the 'Force' option to get the MKi9200 to pair with my iPhone. Haven't tested the microphones yet.

Edit: Have not found a workaround for having to 'jump start' music playing after synchronizing to get the play button on the remote working but the MKi9200 will transition smoothly into a song that is already playing on your iPhone when it boots up. Also tested the call feature. So far I have had none of the usual 'I can hardly hear you' complaints that one usually gets with hands free equipment, this feature works fine. As for Audio quality, dunno, considering the Bluetooth compression, an OEM radio and OEM speakers I'm quite happy with it. It does help to play around with the audio profiles in your phone but you may want to look elsewhere if you are an audiophile chasing concert quality.
on 14 April 2016
Bought the various bits used, not on Amazon.

The Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 is not listed as being one of the phones with which the MKi9200 is compatible, so I was no expecting much, merely hoping to use the Parrot with an SD card to have my music in the car.

I was therefore pleasantly surprised to find that this supposedly incompatible phone is actually almost completely compatible. The only incompatibility is that the contacts list has incompletely synced; not sure what determines whether a contact is synced or not. Everything else with the phone: the hands-free, the satnav (Google maps), Bluetooth music, all work properly. So does a 32GB class 6 SD card with my in-car music on.

Classy bit of kit!
on 18 March 2013
I bought this as my wife did get on with a bluetooth ear piece. Fitted this myself using a ISO lead having had some previous experience of ICE installation. The only thing to make sure is you have enough room behind the sterio for the bundles of wiring! Brilliant streaming of auido from iphone and my Nokia lumia 800. Simple to use, voice recognition is very good
on 30 January 2012
OK, so I had used a Parrot before, and it worked great, so I thought I was being wise to get one of these - nice display, etc. Well I was WRONG. From the outset, it was a lucky dip if it worked - i.e. would it actually turn on? Had a new integration box fitted, which seem OK for a few days, but no! Had to constantly keep either turning off the ignition for >30 seconds, or removing the head unit and replacing to try and get it to boot. Sometimes this worked, sometimes it part worked, othertimes, no. Updated software, factory reset, etc all done, but still no reliable way to get this to boot up. Even when it turned on, the display would not keep pace with what the iPod was playing, and the controls would freeze, and then the unit would just go blank.
Fed up, so just had this replaced with Motorola TK30, which does not have the lovely display, but it works!!!
on 31 May 2013
bought for hands free use of phone incar when driving.
reviews very good about mki9200
having all the extras for music and the ways to plug in a very big bonus.
arrived very quick.