on 31 August 2004
What can I say about this album that hasn't been said before - as soon as you hear it, you will flashback to the parts of the film that the particular song that is playing relates to!It's taken almost 20 years to get the Ultimate soundtrack but is so worth the money, even if you already own the original!
When you hear classics like Hungry Eyes, you can just see baby & penny doing there rehersal with a rather excited Johnny looking on & lets face it, I've had the time of my life is the song everybody knows & loves! Buy this at all cost, you won't look back!
on 10 April 2004
This album is what the original soundtrack should have been! If you already own the first version, throw it away and buy this one! It features every song from the film in the order which they appear on screen. It will bring all those summer memories flooding back and don't pretend that you don't all know the words to track 25 "join hearts and hands and voices, voices, hearts and hands!!" The only song missing is the one which Baby's sister sings in the talent show but lets face it, thats no great loss is it? BUY IT NOW!!
on 21 September 2006
Anyone who LOVES this movie will love this improved soundtrack, with the tracks in the order they are played in the film. Every song will have you reminiscing the exact scene it's from.... from the opening Be my Baby with the slow-mo dancing to the ultimate goosebump moment of "The Lift" during I've Had the Time (extended version in this CD).
on 5 July 2010
That is what I was disappointed with. I thought it was going to be the FULL soundtrack, but it turned out to be only a selection of 12 tracks out of at least 25. It does say 'a selection' on the sleeve, but in such small print I could not read it. I feel it should say this in the description, as I know now of a number of people who have been caught out like I was. I do like the selection of tracks on it, however, and am especially pleased it includes 'She's Like the Wind', written and performed by Patrick Swayze.
on 1 March 2004
It probably wasn't entirely necessary to release a re-compilation of the songs used in 1987's Dirty Dancing – after all, the two soundtrack volumes released shortly after the movie covered pretty much everything. But I'm sure I'm not the only person who's bought this new collection despite owning both earlier volumes. Dirty Dancing has, over time, outgrown its surprise-hit status to become a full-on cult film, complete with an anorakish following of devoted fans who will no doubt be thrilled to experience all the songs on one disk, in the order in which they are heard in the movie. It's all here, from the Ronettes' 'Be My Baby' to Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes's '(I've had) The Time Of My Life', with the complete nostalgic collection of 1960s and 1980s tunes in between. It is the mark of a superb soundtrack choice when songs that were well-known before the movie become more widely associated with the film than with anything else. Who can listen to Mickey and Sylvia's 'Love Is Strange' without imagining Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey as Johnny and Baby crawling towards each other across the dance studio floor? Who from this generation can hear the Surfaris' 'Wipeout' without recalling Jennifer Grey practising her newly learnt mambo moves? By all appearances, the coming-of-age romance and party-friendly tracks of Dirty Dancing are going to live on for a long time to come, so you might as well own the definitive soundtrack collection. It has a foil-embossed cover and plenty of pictures and sleeve notes to take you back to your guilty Swayze obsession. Besides, the vinyl of your original soundtrack has probably worn thin by now.
on 30 March 2004
I now have all three Dirty Dancing Soundtracks, and strangley I can listen to them all and not get bored with the content. At last, all the tracks are together on one disc, save chopping and changing in the stereo.
The beauty about the album is there are so many tracks - 26 - they are all in the order they appear in the film and there is a mixture of songs and instrumentals. The inlay offers a booklet with information about the film and the soundtracks which is actually quite interesting!
It's great for fans of the film because it compliments its predecessors, and its great for someone who just wants the music from the film because it has eveything!
BUT most importantly, when you play it, you still can't help but get up and dance to it!! It's really good!!
on 20 November 2001
This is the perfect soundtrack , containing all songs featured in the movies. 'Shes like the wind' is unbelieveable. You wouldn't think it was Patrick Swayze. The main theme 'Time Of My Life ' is the perfectly classic sound to the classic movie . Dirty Dancing Rocks.
on 17 October 2000
Dirty Dancing, the movie, is a classic. Not a lot of people want to admit that, especially boys because Dirty Dancing is bascially a Chick Flick. Not that there's anything wrong with boys liking it of course. The soundtrack is great because as you listen to it, you find yourself watching the movie in your head, remembering quotes from it and I think if there is some kind of brain usage when you listen to an album, it makes it even better. I don't really want to say more about it, as those lovers of Dirty Dancing will understand exactly what I mean. Listen and thoroughly enjoy. And don't carry too many watermelons!
on 16 November 2003
I have always been a big fan of the movie as I believe it to be the most romantic feel good film ever made and it is partly due to the great soundtrack. 'She's like the wind' is my fav song on the album followed closely by 'The time of my life' and 'Be my baby'. I hope you all love it as much as I do.
on 16 November 1999
If you saw the movie, then you cannot afford to wait another day to buy this album. The Dirty Dancing sound track encompasses all the fury, the excitement and the emotion that made the movie a number one hit. It contains toe-tapping tunes such as "Be My Baby " and "Yes". But even more impressive there are the numerous slow, deep songs that bring all the emotions of the movie rushing back to you, such as "Hungry Eyes", "She's Like The Wind", and of course, "I've Had The Time Of My Life" . This album is a wonderful addition to any collection!