on 12 June 2013
Our daughter will enjoy the Dora book I'm sure (I will update with her feedback later), but I am really disappointed that the letters in the book aren't pronounced in phonetics! Surely this is to be expected, especially as they produce phonetics books and sell the TAG reader as an item designed to help children learn to read. Hopefully the software can be updated soon.
on 30 December 2013
within a couple of minutes of opening the pen My young grandson was absorbed in this even though surrounded by lots of other presents. Recommend getting the headphones as the volume is not loud in a room with conversations going on
on 16 February 2012
I've bought a few leapfrog books and this is my daughters favourite she's four and maybe a little young for the others which are not as entertaining. Dora has many activities to do which help with numbers and letters perfect for her age. There are lots of sounds and the characters have the voices that they have on tv. A definite must if I see more Dora leapfrog books I won't hesitate to buy them.
on 7 November 2013
Obviously, one needs to have the tag-reader to appreciate the book, first of all.

Secondly, my 4-year old son loves it, and has made him happy.

The Tag-reader books have helped my little one get so well with his reading. He's only 4 years and a month old, but reads the simpler books (non-tag readers) like Peppa pig etc. on his own. The tag-reader and the books have helped him recognize words very easily.
on 21 September 2013
I bought this for my 2 year old, really so that she wouldn't feel left out, as her older brother was given the leap reader pen. It is a bit too old for her but as absolutely loves it and is well able to use the leap pen. Obviously she cant read but is starting to recognise numbers and loves the alphabet that it sings. I'm not sure if it is the best book out there and I dont think the storey itself would actually help prepare a child for going to school or help them settle into school. Never the less my 2 year old gets great pleasure out of it, I'm not sure if a 4-5 year old would unless they absolutely loved Dora
on 2 April 2013
This is good for comlementing a reading/learning program for little ones. My four year old loves Dora and this was great to help her recognize words and phonics... while she was interested. I'm sure she'll go back to it soon :)
on 5 December 2013
My boys are dora's fans and buying them this leapfrog leapreader book was an excellent purchase.Its very educational as well as it teaches numbers,alphabets,vocubularly,and spanish.My two year old loves the book too so much that he has ripped off a page due to his clinging unto the book and having a fight with his four year old brother over the book(lol).The book however works with the leapreader pen(so be aware when buying this).
on 23 January 2014
Wow what can I say except that I am very pleased in seeing how my kids are improving in their basic intellectual and learning skills and learning about what is going on around them and within them selves. I am a big fan of LeapFrog
LeapReader. My one major dislike about leapfrog products is the music, I wish they would make more of these products without music. Without a doubt this distracts the kids by them not focusing properly on the tasks at hand, and this is not a constructive way to educate children. I truly believe that it would be more effective in teaching children without music.
on 1 September 2010
I got this for my daughter starting school and as a dora fan, she loved it.
on 31 December 2012
I chose this book for my grandaughter because of i'ts educational value, she loves it . I would recommend it for 4 year olds