Top positive review
21 people found this helpful
on 14 December 2005
Before listening to this CD I was quite aprehensive, because I was worried that the CD wouldn't display Carrie's true potential as a singer and performer. I was wrong.
The CD opens with a bang in the form of Wasted, and closes well with Inside Your Heaven. Here Is my track by track rating, and personal review...
1. Wasted - This is a good opener to the CD with a catchy chorus, despite the song going on for 5mins, you wont get bored. Great Song with Infectious chorus. 8/10
2. Don't Forget To Remember Me - This is a nice song, about moving away from home. Nice chorus and well written make this a good sing along song. 7/10
3. Some Hearts - One of the CD standouts. A very pop track, but wonderful vocals and a super chorus. One of my personal favourites. 9/10
4. Jesus Take The Wheel - It's not a heavy religous record, but has some great references. Beautiful chorus and great vocals. Another stand out song. 9/10
5. Night Before (Life Goes On) - A nice song, that really lets Carrie's voice take centre stage. She holds some killer notes, however the song itself has a fairly complicated story line to it. 7/10
6. Lessons Learned - A good song, with quite a country feel to it. Wonderful chorus, but easily forgettable. 7/10
7. Before He Cheats - A track that really shows off some personality. Great vocals, with a good chorus. 8/10
8. Starts With Goodbye - A Lovely song about ending love. Wonderful vocals, and Carrie's vocals really shine. Perfect chorus that is catchy yet not annoying. 8/10
9. I Just Can't Live A Lie - Another Album highlight. Perfect vocals, and I can see this being a big hit, in america and over seas. 9/10
10. We're Young Beautiful - Good song but my least favourite on the album. Reminds me alot of Charlotte Church on this track, although she maybe over does it abit on the singing side. 6/10
11. That's Where It Is - The Album Highlight. 90% Perfect, only the verses let this song song down. Not much more to say! 9/10
12. Whenever You Remember Me - Nice song, but doesnt live up to its predecessor. Good strong chorus though. 8/10
13. I Ain't In Checotah Anymore - Here we see Carrie's writing style, and how she would pan a song out. Well writen and nice chorus. 9/10
14. Inside Your Heaven - The winner's song from American Idol. Good strong vocals, although the lyrics are abit cheesy. Good however. 7/10
Theres my review, i hope you enjoyed it. Carrie's album is a must buy for any AI fan, and also someone who likes country or pop or even country-pop!