on 2 March 2017
I am an iPod classic cult member! This is my 3rd in 10 years!!! I bought one in 2014 but it was refurbished and the battery started giving problems, then I stumbled upon Vortex project and found that it was still possible to buy a new iPod classic despite Apple discontinuing its production! I was initially upset because of the EU sound limiter and tried to buy boosters but none worked! All through my travails however the seller was very supportive and then just yesterday in my research I found feedback that suggested my iPod could actually have an option to turn off the EU limiter , (one feedback suggested gen 6 is same as my gen 7 but gen 6 doesn't have the option to turn off) and to my pleasant surprise my iPod had the option and now I can enjoy my music through my Bose speakers loud and clear with the base that comes with it.
on 9 June 2014
I bought this because I've outgrown my 16GB Nano. I do like that it's a physically bigger thing - the Nano is ridiculously tiny - easy to lose. But I don't like the interface nearly as much. I liked the Nano's touch screen. This requires sort of dialing your finger around the donut to scroll. And I know that when I have 100+GB of music, that's going to be a LOT of dialing. Also, this device chooses to display artists a little differently. I like to go to Artist, then album. Well, if some of your albums have collaborations on them, like is common on many rap albums, you have that song on an extra artist listing. So my one single Tupac album creates about six different artists listings. I'd rather it were all just under "Tupac" like it was on my Nano. I don't know why it's different. It just adds to the irritation of dialing through more artists.

I like the size of the device, as I mentioned above. I prefer a bit of heft. And I like that this device is significantly louder than my Nano was.
on 31 May 2014
I was using a Creative 64GB touch (no longer made)..the bonus was it would take Micro SD cards...which I used a lot of, and there’s no software to install onto the computer. Got tired with the old system and wanted a new lager capacity portable player. I don’t use MP3, but rather M4A...lousy, and the player plays them well, if a little ‘base heavy’ for my liking, I’ve got the equalizer to enhance the treble...much better.
Although the unit comes with ‘ear phones’ I’ve never managed to get any ‘ear buds’ to stay in, and I wasn’t holding out any hope with these, which was good because they also refused to stay in my ear. Don’t get me wrong, the headphones with this unit, are not a ‘push in your ear type’ (technical jargon) more a balance in your ear, well at least, that’s how it felt to me...
I shall probably be adding the ‘FiiO E12 Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier’ to it in a few months...
on 9 May 2017
Apple iPod classic 160 GB Black - 7th Generation
I'm very happy with the Apple iPod Classic 160GB I purchased from 'jonlw'. It arrived a couple of days after purchase and it was in excellent condition (hardly a mark on it). John (the seller) also intentionally kept the previous music on it, so I was able to keep the vast majority of the tracks (the tracks I liked) and he also threw in a couple of cases (one leather case and one silicon case) - thanks John!
The battery appears to drain slightly faster than my previous iPod battery, but it's still acceptable.
Very happy with my purchase and happy to recommend jonlw for future purchases.
on 6 December 2016
Initially had a problem as the centre wheel was off centre slightly.Contacted the seller who responded swiftly and at his request I returned the product which was duly fixed to my satisfaction. The seller also refunded the cost of postage.So far the product has worked as expected and I would recommend this seller . The product was well packaged and came as advertised although in the advert it said there may be minor scratches I found none
on 30 April 2017
What's not to like. Solid, durable and like everything else Apple does what it says on the box. Connection with my Sonos system is seamless (via connected docking station) so not dependent upon earphones when at home.
on 15 April 2016
Best version of the Classic iPod. Pity it still isn't manufactured in this format anymore, as it hasn't been bettered; and with the leaps forward in technology one would have thought that Apple would have come up with a version beyond the 160 GB capacity. Nevermind, still brilliant and unbettered!!!
on 2 August 2015
This used item arrived in perfect condition. Boxed and packaged as new. I think Apple can be a victim of their own success. the ipod classic is such a good product. I still have the one I bought 9 years ago and bought this one as a back up now that Apple have stopped selling them. There is still a use for mass storage hardware as it is all very well having everything on cloud but no good at all when you are out and about and can't get wifi
on 16 September 2014
A great product- of course. But since Apple's announcement of ending production of iPods, it seems to have shot up in price. I bought one of these (7th gen 160GB) on 13th Sept for £223. Today on 16th it's £349 :-o
Is this i-Inflation? An i-Ripoff? I'm not i-Impressed, Amazon...
on 4 July 2015
I have had an iPod classic for many years and have been very pleased with it. I bought another one for my father to listen to his classical music on. It looks great and is very easy to use. I think you pay a bit extra for quality but its worth it. Massive storage capacity. The only criticism would be that it is quite heavy.