on 19 June 2012
I have owned a few Sennheiser In ear phones and they have always provided excellent sound quality. The bass is deep and soft, the mids and treble crystal clear. A much better choice than comparable products (I have owned some popular Sony models and even £100 Bose In ear phones that couldn't match the sound quality)

Unbeatable at this price!!!!!
on 25 January 2009
Earphones are nice and comfortable, also seem to fit snugly.

I found the cord is just the right length to be able to plug into an MP3 player in my pocket and exercise without finding the earphones getting yanked out of my ears every so often which is the case with the earphones that came with my MP3 player.

The earphones work well at drowning out any background noise. Even when there's no music playing there's a considerable amount of outside noise reduced.
on 16 February 2011
I don't know what the person before was on about (no base), these are the best in-ear headphones I've used. If you use the right size adapters the base is very strong for their size.

I used my friends original Apple headphones the other day - what utter rubbish they are. I couldn't go back to them now!
on 12 September 2009
I use these with my iPod to commute every day to work, by bus and tube. The bass is great, full and rich, this is my favorite part. The overall sound of the headphones is pretty powerful as well, nice clean punch sound. The background noise is drowned out pretty well, great physical noise abatement (the way the earphones fit is top notch). But these are by no means as good at drowning out background noise as my Bose quiet comforts, but for 1/10th the price the Sennheisers do a great job. Nice cord length, and a neat little gadget on the cord to wrap up part of the cord if it's too long (like if you're exercising). I've tried both these and the similar Sony model, and while I've been happy with both, the sound from these is just a little more intense.
on 26 July 2011
I own and use these earphones, and have felt compelled to write my own review as I see a lot of negative comments on here like "no bass" and "broken" etc.

The first thing you need to do when using new "in ear" 'phones such as these is to fit the LARGEST buds available. This will ensure a perfect seal between the foam rubber and your inner ear canal, prevent sound escaping (which leads to poor sound quality and annoyance of others).

Another popular misconception is loss of sound quality.

What are we listening to?. If it's highly compressed mp3 files through an iphone, ipod or similar consider the source material. If you have downloaded a bunch of songs or albums from the net, the chances are they are going to be of a low quality due to a low bit rate.

If you put garbage in, you'll get garbage out!.

A lot of downloadable music has that fluffy, fourth generation "tape of a tape" sound to it. I personally only rip my CDs at the highest possible mp3 bit rate : 320kbps. Even then, listening to my original CDs I can hear a vast difference that the compression and conversion of music files has caused. But, you cannot carry 5000 Cds about with you all the time!.

Remember: high quality headphones will reveal imperfections in the audio source!. A similar disclaimer used to appear printed on the back cover of a lot of CDs back in the '80s, but I digress.

Another way to consider this, is by watching some beat-up, scrunched ex-rental VHS videotape on a 60" HD 1080p TV screen, it won't look (or sound) pretty.

Hopefully, you get the idea.

And for those that manage to break your headphones after 5 minutes?

...you must be the kind of idiots that after removing your 'phones, proceed to wrap the cord around your mp3 player so TIGHTLY as if you are trying to squeeze the dear life out of it!!!.
on 20 June 2015
The sound is crisp. They are very durable...they managed to survive a washing test a friend of mine put his through... only issue is they feel a little but cheap. The actual fitting in the ear...sometimes it fits perfectly once you get the right buds but still after 2 hours or less depending on you...they can start to ache a little in your ear. But then again most in ear headphones will. They have a nice wire mesh and the buds stop much earwax if you have that problems from going into or onto the headphones.
Overall great product at a pretty good price.
They're no bose headphones but they're still pretty good compared to other brands at the same price. As well as being about 70 quid cheaper than bose!
If you're not sure then you should. If the money is an issue they occasionally bring their sennheiser stock down in price every couple of months.
Enjoy!
After having these and using for two months I have found the left ear bud has stopped working and the right has slowly started getting quieter...not just my hearing honest...luckily they have a year's warranty so we shall see if I can get then exchanged...
on 8 June 2010
Excellent sound right through bass/mid/high ranges when inserted correctly (see note below). I had first generation CX300 before these and if anything I would say CX200 are slightly better sound. (also tried some Skullcandy Smokin Buds for a while but wasn't that impressed)

Added benefit of isolating most outside noise (eg on the train with those annoying prats shouting into their mobiles or tinny symbal noises from oblivious idiots with open backed iPod earbuds). These are noisless to others even at high volume so are considerate to your fellow passengers.

Because the driver is tiny it uses less power than conventional headphones = more battery life for your MP3 player.

Negative? I don't like the rubber-feel cable covering as much as the stiff plastic, tangle-free CX300 ones I had, hence overall 4/5.

(Note: 'ear canal' headphones are not the same as 'in ear' ones that just lurk inside the wider opening of your ear. These ones need to be inserted further into the ear to get the benefit of some excellent bass sounds from the tiny driver output being near your eardrum and movement of the 'sealed' air. I've seen people on the train with 'em sticking out at all sorts of weird angles and they must be thinking the sound isn't great)

With decent headphones like this, don't compromise too much on bitrate when you rip your CDs. Try comparing the same tracks at 128 kbps vs 192 kbps - I'm no audiophile but I think you need at least the latter to do justice to the music!
on 20 March 2015
The item completely failed within 2 months of purchase. I strongly warn people against buying an item that is clearly so shoddy, and of such poor construction. I also want to draw people's attention to the fact that Amazon's systems tell you "the item is not eligible for return" when attempting to get redress for such a poorly performing item. Consumer law is on the purchaser's side here.
on 15 February 2016
Excellent Ear Phones for the price paid for them. Great sounding over all clarity of music tones, and they fit my ears brilliantly as have lot`s of varied sizes that come with the ear pieces. They have to be correctly fitted into the ear, so as to maximise the quality that these type of ear pieces provide and they deaden the exterior noise so amplify the quality of your listening that little bit more. I also have the HD 25 Headphones and although these are Professional headphones, the ear buds are still as warm sounding and complement whatever music you are listening too. I often wear them at work for 1-3 hours at a time, and I do sometimes find that by Friday, my ears are a little sensitive to fitting them into my ears. This maybe because I am not used to wearing these kind of ear pieces so don`t let this put you off as they are terrific overall ! ! !
on 30 March 2013
Very good earphones for the price, much better than any pair of ear phones I have heard within a comparable price range. I did have to have them replaced due to wear 'n' tear after a years worth of use though but this was free under the 2 year Sennheiser Warranty, I did wear them everyday and exercise whilst wearing them so they did take a good beating.

I would definitely recommend them to anybody.