on 1 November 2011
After reading many bad reviews about product issues I was dubious about spending money on this, but it's quite possibly the best small animal product I've ever purchased (they enjoy all the climbing ability and sturdiness). The ladders slot neatly into their sockets and the equipment fits together perfectly. The size is fantastic for large and small hamsters, though I myself have Gerbils.
Obviously I will (after half a year or so, with Gerbils) need to buy another when they have chewed it down to nothing, but it's a tough playground that's survived their climbing and chewing excellently, it's completely worth the money.
on 8 January 2011
As you can see from the pic there is a little stick bridge, there should be 2 holes drilled into the overhang legde on the right had side of the right hand house to securely fix the bridge into....well mine came with the holes drilled on the wrong side of the house!
For this reason I have only given 3 stars as my hamsters cant use that bridge as it s unsafe for them to do so.
I was sold mine by surepets and they are useless as they didn't try and help at all by refunding or replacing my item...so never use them!

This is a very large product and it's great for syrians and dwarf hamsters.
There is one fault though, my hamster peed in the houses and the wood went mouldy :( So either use a wood protector such as plasti kote or only use this when hamsters comes out for playtime.
on 5 December 2014
I had to laugh at the photo with a Syrian hamster on the label, this is definitely only for dwarf hamsters!
I bought this to go in the playpen for my smallest Russian hybrid & some of the holes are a bit small even for her, my Chinese would get through them but not much else! Most of the entrance holes are OK though so it's definitely usable.
Does need a bit of sanding down as some of the edges are a bit rough with a few splinters but I've come to expect that with this kind of toy & it's easy enough to do, also the holes where the ladders slot in aren't big enough so they need a bit of work too, the tunnel in the middle doesn't exactly fit well but is stable enough to be safe.
Overall good enough for supervised playtime.
on 2 January 2012
I'm very pleased with all the components in this set, and use them in unconventional ways to fit it into my gerbils' tank. The great thing about this set is you can use the parts together or separate so your gerbils have something new and interesting once in a while. I took the roof off the main house because I was concerned about bathroom issues, and used the newly opened space as a start off point for one of the long wood ladders this company also makes (which are also awesome, by the way) and haven't had a problem there. If you're concerned about the ladders not fitting into the holes, invest $1 at the hardware store for a fat nail and you can make your own hole. I just lean the ladders up where I want them, anyway. They're really sturdy and stay in place. My gerbils have been busy on construction/improvement projects on these since they went into the tank, meaning it keeps them busy and keeps their teeth trim!
on 3 June 2016
delivery was great like the item but it has its problems first their is no glue to put it together so its not very secure secondly there is lose wood ends all over it like pretty bad and lastly the bridges aren't long enough so a bit of a disappointment not really worth the money with all the faults if it didn't have the faults I would of been very happy oh well
on 1 May 2015
I bought this for my adult male leopard gecko. I have to say that he absolutely LOVES it! It's perfect to use for different temperature hides. He loves chilling out in his "penthouse"
review image review image review image
on 28 January 2016
Brought this for my hamster . Some parts are a tight squeeze so not all areas would be suitable for large Syrians . It come in good condition it took just a few minutes to assemble . Looks nice in the cage it is big so it will take alot of space if your cage is small. The thing I don't like is that the tunnels In the middle keeps coming loose . My hamster loves it and I believe she's sleeping in there now
on 1 September 2015
Haven't put this in gerbil cage yet but it was delivered all broken into pieces - its not very sturdy at all. Just picking it up and bits come off. Also, its been made with tons of glue, there is dried glue everywhere which cant be good for the pets who chew it. Overall this isnt a very well made product and is very shoddy!
on 23 August 2015
Gerbil loves this I separated all the pieces and put in house and tube. They nibble and gnaw at the sides and it's lasted longer than their other house. There were no nails hanging out or blobs of glue visable.
on 30 May 2014
I like the overall size of the item but really it is a bit too big and high for my dwarf hamsters and doors and tunnels are a little too small for my Syrian.
Used with deep substrate in case they fall my little Zippy (very small dwarf hamster) loves to climb all over it and hide away. Takes up quite a bit of the cage though and she is in a Zoozone 2 ('designed' as a rabbit/guinea pig cage but far too small for them). Pay attention to the size stated!