These little lamps are unbeatable. They're small, rugged (will withstand a drop onto tarmac - ooops!) and highly practical. I use mine for camping using the hanging loop and in the car where the magnet grips to the body. The light given is bright and white and the batteries last for ages - and they can use rechargeable AAA's so they can cost next to nothing to use.

They have so many uses, indoors or out.... If your car should break down, simply pop one onto the raised bonnet and you have an instant bright worklight. They're also handy inside cupboards, provide instant light inside a metal shed, and are very good for craftwork when a bright light is needed.

I couldn't fault them. I have several and at this very low price, will be stocking up on more. You can't beat them on either price (they're available under several brand names at differing prices...) or performance - don't hesitate, buy one to see for yourself how good they are!
on 1 December 2012
This is a cool little light, lightweight and bright, does the job. Also you can hang it on your t-shirt and pretend to be Iron Man.
on 6 December 2012
Its an led torch that works! Unlike the description, it is an Amtech not a Toolzone product, which means it is slightly better built, and it comes with cheapo batteries supplied, which work well enough to start you off. Once these have run out and you replace them with some proper or rechargeable batteries, the light comes into its own. It is surprisingly bright and small enough to use as a handheld torch as well. The little button on the bottom (when the hook is out) is easy enough to find in the dark (a prerequisite for a torch as that is when I use them!). The hook feels slightly flimsy and I dare say it will break soon with normal use, although this makes it very useful for using it as a background light. Two slight niggles meant it only gets a four stars from me.

1) It requires a screwdriver to open the battery compartment. I still haven't worked out why designers think this is a good idea. Yes it prevents the battery cover from being lost but it means that I need another tool to keep this tool working...
2) The magnet is not really strong enough to hold the weight of the light plus batteries on anything except a flush metal finish. I've found that the slightest curve or contour in the metallic surface means the light won't hold securely enough for me to feel confident that it will stay there.

Really though this is such good value that I can forgive it those niggles and would recommend this whole-heartedly.
on 6 April 2011
This is a very bright led based spotlight with two intensity settings. Works very well for providing light in dark cupboards and even large closets. However, despite the rubbery feel of its plastic casing it is very fragile. One of mine broke by falling just once from about 4 feet high but at least remained operational and I am now still using it after taping it up. Most annoying is the fact that it does not come with a twist on/off base like OSRAM's "Dot It" (these ones having much weaker light intensity though) that is perfect for the permanent placement use case. Furthermore, every time you need to replace your batteries (and you will need to do this fairly often if you use rechargeable batteries) you need to remove two very small philips screws that tend to wear down quickly as they are made from a cheap metal alloy. Overall, I like the strong brightness aspect (and OSRAM dot its could not do the job this one is currently doing) BUT it comes with a couple of serious design shortcomings.
on 9 September 2009
I bought one of these lights for a camping trip as I wanted something small to stuff into my rucksack. I was amazed at how bright these lights are - far better than most torches I've owned. It can be used as a handheld torch but the fold out hook makes it very handy for hooking up inside a tent without it being too heavy. The base also has a magnet if you want to use it as an car inspection light. It takes 4 AAA batteries which last ages. A great light and cheap too.
on 7 June 2016
Cheap and cheerful but gets the job done. It is fairly bright and gives out clean white light so you can see what is going on. Batteries last a good long time. Only negative is that the light is omnidirectional and therefore is not ideal if you need a focussed light to work by. I think the intended use is to hook/attach by magnet to the underside of the bonnet if you are trying to do auto-mechanics in the dark/low light (hence the magnet). For that I would say it is fine, but I bought specifically to illuminate an internal masonry duct in my house, which it did, but the mounting hook and magnet did not help me as there was only brick and plastic around! No matter, it was enough to get me out of a spot, hardly the best on the market, but then I didn't pay top notch prices!
on 25 March 2016
For £2-odd, this is a great value little light. It will not light a room, but for a little bit of light to work in a small dark space, it is useful and, for that price (I think I paid £2.06 with free delivery and batteries included), I went back and ordered a 2nd one in case I break the 1st. I challenge anyone to find something better for £2. If you do, please reply here and I'll grab a couple!
on 15 October 2015
Bought these to take to Glastonbury, work perfectly in the tent at night and to make your way to and from the toilets and showers. Very bright, very lightweight, and can be attached with either the (very strong) magnet, or you can hang them around the tent and campsite using the retractable hook. Excellent value for money.
I bought this for general use around the house.

When I received it I was left disappointed despite its decent quality because the body of the unit was loose and could not be fully closed using the screws. Thankfully I had some strong tape that I wrapped around it which solved the problem.

The product has no fancy features and works by pressing the button down.

The flashlight has 23 LEDs which provides a decent amount of light given it's size and covers a wide area close to you rather than a long distance thin beam.

It's handy to use when walking to your car at night and keep in your handbag, pocket or car side compartment.

It has a small magnetic section on the back and a hook that you raise from its rear to hang up.

I have used this product quite a bit for when I go to the light-less shed at night and when I go into the room under the stairs. We also used it when we went camping a few weeks ago and it lit up the tent nicely.

I haven't had any problems with it since the first days setback.

I would definitely buy this product again and would recommend it to others. It's basically a handle-less torch with an additional hook and magnet.

Verdict: 8/10
on 24 December 2014
This torch includes 3 AAA batteries, one of which still has a plastic wrapper on it. This is to prevent the batteries running down if the light switches on accidentally. The two Posidrive screws at the back have to be remover and the plastic film removed before the torch will work.
The barcode sticker on the back can hold the magnet from making a good contact with a flat metal surface, particularly if the sticker is partially covering the magnet.