on 12 July 2009
I bought this product for my little girl when she was around 9weeks old. She totally loves it! It is great because it allows for the volume to be adjusted aswell as having a daytime mode and night time mode. In the morning, i have the music quite loud whereas at night, i put it down as low as it can go. It has 3 different songs for the day mode and another 3 different ones for night mode. I always stick to the same one at night time so that my little girl realises its bedtime. After her feed, i put her into her crib, put it onto the timer mode for 10mins and by the time it switches off, she's asleep!! FAB! And if she gets up cryng at any point, the lightshow switches itself back on and she goes back to sleep. Means that i dont have to lift her out to calm her, she now has the ability to get herself back to sleep. I would defo recommend this product!
22 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2009
After much deliberation on whether to buy a cot mobile or light show, we opted for this. Our daughter finds the music very soothing and the light show grabs her attention as she drifs off to sleep. If she stirs the sound activation option kicks the music and lights back in to get her back off to sleep. Overall tha sound quality is excellent and the projected image on the ceiling is very clear. winner!
on 2 June 2009
My baby, 4 months, loves it. She is kept entertained while I have a shower etc which, as all new mums know, is essential. Its easy to install/use and the voice activation means that in the morning I can switch it on without her seeing me. I would definately recommend this product to other parents.
on 20 November 2009
My little girl loves this both in the day time and at night. The two modes are excellent and ability to adjust volume is great. It's a really good product idea but I marked it low as after 2 mths I had to return it for a replacement as the sound went, So hang onto your receipt. It also uses alot of batteries particularly if you leave in sleep mode and manufacturer recommends not to use rechargable batteries?! I waiting to see how long this one lasts for.
on 7 August 2009
I wasn't building my hopes up too much about this projector as I had read the negative points about it and was prepared maybe to not like it, but all I can say is that I'm over the moon with it!!! I bought it for my 2mth old son as he's hard to get off to sleep and it works a treat!! My bedroom is not dark and i could still clearly see the pictures projected onto the ceiling (I even layed there watching it lol. The pictures are lovely and colourful and my son enjoys the ceiling projector and also looking at the side pictures. I definitely didn't find it too loud. I found that you need it on loudest setting to get them off to sleep and then it's best to turn it to lowest volume when you go to bed as things always sound louder at night. I didn't find it too sound sensitive either. I could move about the bedroom and not set it off, obviously if you've got a cold you'd always be setting it off LOL but normal noises didn't. My baby LOVES it!! I'm really pleased i bought it!!
on 15 June 2016
Only lasts a year or so !!! Dont go near this. Or for that matter any other Tomy products. The moving light show on this has ceased to move just as my little one began to like it. AND ofc ourse this occured just after the 1 year warranty. We didnt use it much at first and then just as she was beginning to like it ...it broke. Tomy customer service were insulting. They kept repeating to me their warranty details even when i explained that it should last a bit more than 1 year. They wont look at it/fix it/replace it or help in any way. I was told to purchase again !!!

Amazon have also been rubbish so there it in Winnie the Poo for the bin at £22 !
on 10 February 2010
I was so happy when I first got this. I loved the pics it projected on to the ceiling and the day and night modes along with the cry mode feature which automatically kicks in when your baby wakes in the night but Im on the second one in 6 months!!! It stops working for no reason!!! One day it will be fine then nothing... no sound, lights... completely dead as a dodo!! When it did work my little boy loved it but its pointless as keep having to send it back, plus it eats batteries soooooo fast. If it did work properly it would be a great product but it must have some fault in its manufacture so would think it would of been recalled by Tomy by now!!! Very disappointing!!!
on 7 March 2016
I cannot recommend this enough to tired and exasperated parents! Yes the tune is annoying after a while (but there are other options) but I simply don't care as the sleep it has provided is worth the annoyance a million times over. After a few tries initially with my 3/4 month old he was asleep by the end of the timed setting and then it comes on again if he stirs and 9 times out of 10 gets him off again. This does mean the tune can permeate sleep but when you wake up in the morning without having to get up a million times you simply don't care. Also, yes the batteries run down quickly but what is more preferable- saving the cost of a few batteries or a full nights sleep?! In addition - to those 'sleep experts' who will tell you they develop a reliance and can never sleep without it- horse doo-doo; my baby is now 8 months and has slept fine without it for several months. However, as you find out as a new parent, every battle you win you will have to fight it again in a months time or so. So, out comes our magic friend Winnie the Pooh for this latest sleep-strike. The fact that I can write this is testament to its fantastic-ness. It may not work for your baby, but it's worth a go!
on 9 December 2008
I was very disappointed with this purchase therefore i returned it. The lightshow stimulated my baby rather than send him off to sleep the opposite of what i wanted it to do. The lightshow was only displayed on a very small part of the ceiling. You had to look very closely to identify what was being projected. Certainly not worth the money
on 27 July 2010
I bought this item for my grandson but after only 8 weeks the light started to flicker. I contacted Tomy and was advised to return the item but i would have to pay the return postage myself and this was not refundable. A very poor quality item i would not advise buying this