on 12 July 2009
I bought this product for my little girl when she was around 9weeks old. She totally loves it! It is great because it allows for the volume to be adjusted aswell as having a daytime mode and night time mode. In the morning, i have the music quite loud whereas at night, i put it down as low as it can go. It has 3 different songs for the day mode and another 3 different ones for night mode. I always stick to the same one at night time so that my little girl realises its bedtime. After her feed, i put her into her crib, put it onto the timer mode for 10mins and by the time it switches off, she's asleep!! FAB! And if she gets up cryng at any point, the lightshow switches itself back on and she goes back to sleep. Means that i dont have to lift her out to calm her, she now has the ability to get herself back to sleep. I would defo recommend this product!
22 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2009
After much deliberation on whether to buy a cot mobile or light show, we opted for this. Our daughter finds the music very soothing and the light show grabs her attention as she drifs off to sleep. If she stirs the sound activation option kicks the music and lights back in to get her back off to sleep. Overall tha sound quality is excellent and the projected image on the ceiling is very clear. winner!
on 19 November 2015
I was so disappointed with this item. I thought that as it is a Tomy product it would have a good degree of quality, however it is really cheap looking and feeling. I think my one in particular was faulty (the light panel was uneven and made a grinding noise and the volume control was broken) but any technical issues can't excuse the fact that the painted patterns on the plastic front are cheaply and clumsily done. All in all it was an absolute failure. Thankfully I tested it before giving it as a gift otherwise it would have been even harder to return - the sellers were unprofessional and gave conflicting advice.
review image
on 2 June 2009
My baby, 4 months, loves it. She is kept entertained while I have a shower etc which, as all new mums know, is essential. Its easy to install/use and the voice activation means that in the morning I can switch it on without her seeing me. I would definately recommend this product to other parents.
on 20 November 2009
My little girl loves this both in the day time and at night. The two modes are excellent and ability to adjust volume is great. It's a really good product idea but I marked it low as after 2 mths I had to return it for a replacement as the sound went, So hang onto your receipt. It also uses alot of batteries particularly if you leave in sleep mode and manufacturer recommends not to use rechargable batteries?! I waiting to see how long this one lasts for.
on 2 May 2014
Works well. Currently using on bedside table as in Moses basket & no where to attach. Music good, volume button doesn't work particularly well as it seems it's only a slider to open a vent in back which doesn't make much difference in volume. On auto turn on if baby moves goes to 1st tune & doesn't mix it up stays on same tune over & over again so can be slightly annoying, it can be changed but when shuts off & restarts goes back to 1st tune all 3 tunes are nice though. Light show will look amazing on celling when little one is able to look up. Purchased when 1/2 price so happy with money spend, but then I like anything Winnie-the-Pooh.
on 14 August 2015
My daughter sleeps beautifully but on the odd occassion she would wake, this was really lovely for calming her while we had a cuddle, the lights on the ceiling give her something to look at until she drops off, and i found it really sturdy. Now she is 10 months it is back in the box ready for next time
on 10 January 2015
Really disappointed with this product. When it arrived, I assembed it and added the 4x AA batteries that are required. Warning the batteries do not last long. I went out and bought rechargeable batteries for this and I can get 2/3 days life before I beed to re-charge.

The projector show does not work!! When I first bought it, it was fine, however the next day. It stoped working. An image is projected onto the ceiling, however this does not rotate.

The best part about this product is the calming music and the fact that it activates if the child is crying, however the music will only play for 5 mins and it takes my child longer than 5 mins to fall asleep so have to keep sneaking back into her room to reactive the music.

All in all, very disappointed and I would not buy again or recommend.
on 7 August 2009
I wasn't building my hopes up too much about this projector as I had read the negative points about it and was prepared maybe to not like it, but all I can say is that I'm over the moon with it!!! I bought it for my 2mth old son as he's hard to get off to sleep and it works a treat!! My bedroom is not dark and i could still clearly see the pictures projected onto the ceiling (I even layed there watching it lol. The pictures are lovely and colourful and my son enjoys the ceiling projector and also looking at the side pictures. I definitely didn't find it too loud. I found that you need it on loudest setting to get them off to sleep and then it's best to turn it to lowest volume when you go to bed as things always sound louder at night. I didn't find it too sound sensitive either. I could move about the bedroom and not set it off, obviously if you've got a cold you'd always be setting it off LOL but normal noises didn't. My baby LOVES it!! I'm really pleased i bought it!!
on 23 February 2015
Didn't like this for two reasons:
1. It's just too bright to have on a baby's crib.
2. Even at it's lowest, the volume is really loud - too loud to have in a baby's crib.

Perhaps this would be more suitable for an older child, but it wasn't suitable for my one month old.