on 28 December 2008
I have been using Carmex for years and years. In the "old days" it was only available in the USA and I had friends sending it over. Then a few years ago it "landed" in the UK and I had other friends sending it over, or I buy it myself when I get there. I am SO GLAD it is now available on line!

I guess if you are used to lip balms in general they almost become addictive and Carmex is no exception. Once you try it, you are hooked! (in the good sense of the word). Personally, I have tried dozens (literally) of different types of lip balms before & after discovering Carmex and none equals it.

Carmex is soothing and it protects your lips, keeping them soft. No need to be affected by cold sores to use it regularly. In fact, it works wonders to prevent lip problems too. Its ingredients are well balanced to convey the right amount of protective components into the lips. It has a pleasant, not too strong menthol taste.

As you can see from the Amazon various types of Carmex on sale, there are mainly three types of Carmex products. In my opinion, the main difference among them is within the compactness:

- Stick. It is the most compact of all. It is practical for pockets and small handbags (but its texture a bit too compact for my taste). Colour: opaque white.
- Pot (My favourite). Its texture is a bit less compact than the one in the stick and it has to be applied by finger. Colour: opaque white. I find that the pot lasts longer than any of the other products.
- Tube. This is the most "liquid" type of Carmex, an ointment really. It has to ooze out from a small hole in the tube, therefore there is more water in the ingredients compared to its cousins above mentioned. It also "shines" a bit more than the others.

I have not tried the new "cherry taste" so I have no comment for it.

Last but not least, I have "studied" the various Carmex products on sale here. SOME of them DO NOT bear the Carmex registered logo (the tiny "R" in the circle after the brand name). As the price of those not bearing is lower than the ones which do, it could well be an imitation with a similar brand name (if the product inside is as good as the original one, I do not know). Also, and this may prove my point, some of the products here bear an "Original" in brackets, some do not. I apologise in advance in my conclusions are wrong.

But for the record, it is fair to say that as far as I know, the ORIGINAL Carmex (I am now referring to the pot, which I usually buy in England) bears, on its yellow top, the Carma Lab website, the CARMEX logo with the "R" next to it, and under it, the "Lip Balm, Baume Pour Les Levres" wording. After that, the Directions of Use.
(FYI the same product (in the pot) in the USA bears either a red 'Carmex' label or/and a black 'Carmex' writing just as in the UK, with "For Cold Sores" writing underneath, followed by the Directions of Use. The tiny "R" is always visible).

Anyway. Try this wonderful lip balm, you will not regret it. Enjoy!
on 10 July 2012
I have been using Carmex lip balm for as long as I can remember. I've tried hundreds of different brands, but none of them live up to the effects of Carmex.

I think Carmex lip balm is the only one I have ever used which contains salicylic acid, and I believe this is one of the reasons why it's so effective. Salicylic acid helps to break down cells, therefore allowing skin to shed more easily, leaving you with smooth lips. After the salicylic acid has broken down and shed the skin, this helps the moisturising ingredients to be absorbed more efficiently. So effectively, the Carmex is exfoliating your lips, without the abrasive properties of a scrub.

Due to the salicylic acid and moisturising ingredients, I also find it works wonders on any spots or pimples. Better than those expensive, drying spot creams.
on 5 December 2015
I love this lip balm, it is a life saver. Great value for money, the balm lasts for ages and is superior to using vaseline, which I used to.

The balm has a lovely fresh smell and glides on easily leaving your lips feeling slightly tingly but really comfortable. I would not be without my Carmex, especially in winter. I buy lots of pots and have them dotted in various hand bags and coat pockets so I always have some lip balm to hand.
on 19 February 2016
My lips are often got chaffed during winter especially when i went outside for a long time. This lip balms is a brilliant solution. Anytime I felt my lips chaffing I put the balm all around the area at night before sleeping then the following day I woke up feeling my lips getting better. The chaffing eventually will go in two days after I used the balm. It does have a menthol flavor which I don't really like but it was quite soothing
on 28 August 2009
I have carmex cherry, and my boyfriend gets really dry lips sometimes, he tried my carmex cherry but obviously didnt want the girly smell! So i bought him this one and he loves it, the smell is pleasant and not too strong. My boyfriend suffers from severe excema and he says this is the best product he has ever used for his lips.
on 1 March 2015
I love this stuff and it's the only lip balm I now use as there is no point in using anything else. It does tickle just a little but it gets to work instantly and doesn't just sit on ur lips looking glistenly or adds a slight colour. It actually softens lips and stops cracked lips being sore. I have tried carmex in stick form and in tube form but this one in the pot seems to be the very best.
on 16 April 2014
I used to use carmex tubes before-the cherry ones, then one day I stopped. Stupidest mistake I ever did! Vaseline made my lips horrible and I continued to use it for years even if it made no difference. I ordered another carmex balm but the classic one and now in 2 weeks my lips are barely dry anymore.
on 21 January 2016
Quantity? the pot isn't as big as you think! Sure your getting the amount you pay for but take off the sticker in the bottom there is a large recess where more product could and probably should be. The same trick cheese spread manufacturers use! (cathedral city boo)
on 4 April 2015
I absolutely looooove this Carmex pot!!! This is my bestie all day every day! I havent found anything that works like this on the market (except sister brand BLISTEX)!
Delivered quickly too. Only thing is could smell better. But u get used to it as smell not strong. But this won't keep me away
on 22 January 2016
I bought this and sent it out to my partner in Afghanistan who is on tour. Right now it is very cold there and he needed this to keep his lips hydrated in the extreme weather. We found that there were many pros;

- This keeps the lips hydrated
- The packaging is unisex and not aimed towards women
- The pot holds more than a balm would and he can apply it quickly without snapping it like has happened with balms on a stick
- Helped to reduces the appearance and regularity of cold-sores
- Quite plain smell which is good for guys
- Easy to carry about in his pocket
- Sturdy case which is not easily damaged
- Colourful case, not boring

Overall he is happy and not embarrassed to be using a lip balm