Customer reviews

Maypole 937 Universal Scooter Cover

on 18 October 2016
This fits the PCX 125 nicely although not sure if it would fit so well with a topbox. It does provide some protection from the weather but worth noting that (contrary to some reviews) it is only water resistant and not waterproof. I found that water does go through the cover easily and there can be as much water underneath as on top of the cover. Not bad for the price though.
on 21 July 2017
very good, used it loads of times and the elasticated cover is still keeping its shape. in my opinion a good buy for the average sized scooter.
on 23 March 2017
Bought this to replace Ox***d version which fell to pieces. Good quality, easy to fit. Perfect fit on Piaggio Typhoon (new model)
on 5 May 2017
Just about covers a honda forza 300. Wait for the exhaust to cool before covering, as the cover will melt.
on 11 April 2014
I bought this for my Honda ANF125 Innova that has the small Honda topbox fitted to its rear. Ok, to highlight the downsides first.
Without the topbox on the bike the cover fits nicely, strong elasticated ends wrap around the wheels completely covering the scooter, it is tight along the top as the handlebars are fully to the right and steering lock on, the cover isn't that big so its stretched kinda tight from the top of the left handlebar mirror to the rear of the bike, but it fits.
The short bungee strap and hook on the bottom used to secure the cover under the scooter isn't long enough, if i were to use it and hook it on the eyelet on the other side of the cover i'd fear my footpegs would puncture through the cover its that tight.
And now my biggest negative. With my topbox on like most scooters have, the cover doesn't fit, its just too tight along the top, and lifts the bottom of the cover above the centers of the wheels which is no good as the elasticated bottom won't keep it on. My get-a-round is to remove the topbox and leave it on the seat when i cover up my scooter.
If your scooter is any larger than a Honda Innova then think twice about purchasing this cover.
And note there's no hole to allow passing a chain through to stop anyone pinching it off your bike.
So thats the bad stuff.
Ignoring the fact i have to remove the topbox each time i use the cover, its an excellent well made waterproof cover that looks like it will last a long time. Its still thin but not as thin as the Oxford Aquatex, the elastic is strong enough to pull the bottom of the cover under the wheels, and the vents positioned where the handlebar ends are have velcro to keep them closed but not sealed to allow condensation to escape.
I will upload 2 pics of it on my scooter, the colour of the cover is silver btw.
review image review image review image
on 6 September 2010
This was the best cover i have ever bought, i've had several covers which over a short time have either worn away or torn.
But i cannot fault this one at all, it is used to cover my 50cc peugeot scooter.
It's a perfect fit all over and has a hook at the bottom to hold it on safely when the wind is blowing a gale.
Well made, good quality.
I'm very happy with this cover - worth every penny...
on 31 December 2010
Maypole Quality Scooter & Moped Bike Cover Fantastic little cover that even fits over a topbox, and it has done a great job protecting my scooter from the weather including very high winds. :-)
on 10 September 2010
Thought I'd reviewed this! Its a great product! Quick thick material unlike flimsy previous one I bought, quite generous in size and has the handlebar extension pieces sewn in - which are so important. Excellent for the price - BUY IT!
on 4 October 2009
Bought for my Piaggio Fly scooter. It fits pefectly with a little abundance on the length - apart from that it really seems to be a tailor's work for my scooter. Has clever air vents to avoid humidity to accumulate and lower hook to secure it peoperly when left on for long or when windy. Seems to be made of a good fabric and, as last night rained, it's 100% waterproof. Best value for money in my opinion but be careful as it won't fit a large scooter (the like of T-Max or other monstruosities)
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 June 2011
The cover is of a thick material which sadly did not state wether it was or wasnt heatproof ,this cover is ok if you are happy to let the bike cool down enough for it not to melt over the exhaust, to be honest I did buy this cover to cover my Aprilia Scooter but on consideration I intend to wash a green fabric cover that covers my mountain bike at present and use that, to cover the mountain bike and use the fabric cover for the scooter I have no doubt that this cover will keep my scooter dust free in my garage but I just dont feel like walking a distance to and from where my garage is located while I wait for the bike to cool down enough to cover it up without without melting but not a bad product and a very good price.