on 5 June 2008
When I received these weights I was really impressed by the feel of them - they're not spongy, but hard rubber, which make them very easy to grip. One downside that I have found is that the bar could be maybe a centremetre or two wider - I have quite slim hands, and still I found that after a session I have a pressure mark on my thumb where it has been in contact with the outer section of the weights.

A note to mention - although these are described as 'dumbells' and show a picture of two dumbells on the product page - they price displayed is only for one! So make sure you double up! Easy mistake to make.
44 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2013
These are great, easy to grip and hexagonal so don't roll away. I was going to pay nearly double for the Tunturi ones but then saw these - so pleased I did! Many of the poorer reviews of these on Amazon are down to packaging problems and the fact that it is one dumbbell and not a pair so obviously buy 2 of them and you won't be dissappointed! I can honestly say Amazon did a great job with my packaging - each dumbbell was wrapped in loads of bubblewrap and then boxed up in small boxes and then put in a larger box for delivery, padded out with extra brown paper. The Yodel man moaned about the weight of the box but everything was very well contained in the package. Recommended but remember to buy 2!
These weights are excellent quality. I needed to go up a size and they are just what I needed. They are not too bulky and are non slip when in use. They don't scratch surfaces and are very comfortable to lift and lower etc. Brilliant... When I need 5kg weights I will be returning to hopefully find some in the same make!
on 7 February 2009
Product is made well.

I was slightly surprised you have to buy weights individually though.

Do not do what I did, read the product detail properly, :-).
on 9 August 2009
These are really good dumbbells. The grip is excellent and with them not being smooth, your hand doesn't slip when you start to get sweaty.
on 12 April 2016
lovely!

bought this 'cause i'm doing weight training. i started with a 1kg dumbells and after one month i feel them too light for me (even being a woman that didn't do weight training for a looooooong time)

good quality, good grip, no complain so far!! Just be careful, it is only the SINGLE dumbell (sadly in the rush of buying i didn't read description carefully, but anyway for the meantime there are so many exercise that i can do only with one). There are some pair that are cheaper in comparison ( maybe you can save 4£) but i wouldn't risk, this is a really nice quality product
on 18 May 2011
Let me say that this was the worst packed item I have ever received from Amazon. The cardboard box was nowhere near strong enough to hold the two 4kg weights that I ordered. When it arrived at my door one dumbell was already oustide the package on the floor and the other was hanging out the huge gaping hole at the side. They'd also put two DVDs from a separate order in the same package! These were rattling around inside the torn box! Ridiculous.

I know, it's not exactly a review of the product itself (which is fine) but it needed to be said. I feel better now.
on 9 April 2016
Good dumbell, but beware, they are only selling one, so quite pricey, which is why I am only giving three stars. If you want to exchange it, you will be hit with a hefty postage fee. To be fair, they say dumbell in the singular, but it would be clearer if they said single dumbell in the description.
on 9 April 2013
I bought the 2.5kg weights to work out around 30mins a day.
I agree with some people's reviews that the handles could do to be a bit bigger for people with big-ish hands.
I find that using them for 30mins to an hour is fine, much longer and they start to rub uncomfortably.
Other than that they're great!
Good grip and worth the money in my opinion.
I'll be looking into getting larger weights in the near future.
on 2 August 2010
I bought two of these dumbells to do press ups alternating with arm raises. As I don't have amazing upper body strength yet I opted for the 2.5kg wts rather than strain myslef with a heavier weight. Despite having a good grip thanks to the coating, the hexagonal ends are not wide enough for me to keep my hand wrapped around it whilst the weight is resting on the floor for the press up.
I also echo some of the other reviews in .... why on earth do they sell them in singles?!!! Who wants to buy one weight for pete's sake.
Despite that - good weights and will use for general upper body workouts.