on 5 June 2008
When I received these weights I was really impressed by the feel of them - they're not spongy, but hard rubber, which make them very easy to grip. One downside that I have found is that the bar could be maybe a centremetre or two wider - I have quite slim hands, and still I found that after a session I have a pressure mark on my thumb where it has been in contact with the outer section of the weights.

A note to mention - although these are described as 'dumbells' and show a picture of two dumbells on the product page - they price displayed is only for one! So make sure you double up! Easy mistake to make.
44 Comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2013
These are great, easy to grip and hexagonal so don't roll away. I was going to pay nearly double for the Tunturi ones but then saw these - so pleased I did! Many of the poorer reviews of these on Amazon are down to packaging problems and the fact that it is one dumbbell and not a pair so obviously buy 2 of them and you won't be dissappointed! I can honestly say Amazon did a great job with my packaging - each dumbbell was wrapped in loads of bubblewrap and then boxed up in small boxes and then put in a larger box for delivery, padded out with extra brown paper. The Yodel man moaned about the weight of the box but everything was very well contained in the package. Recommended but remember to buy 2!
on 7 February 2009
Product is made well.

I was slightly surprised you have to buy weights individually though.

Do not do what I did, read the product detail properly, :-).
33 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 August 2009
These are really good dumbbells. The grip is excellent and with them not being smooth, your hand doesn't slip when you start to get sweaty.
These weights are excellent quality. I needed to go up a size and they are just what I needed. They are not too bulky and are non slip when in use. They don't scratch surfaces and are very comfortable to lift and lower etc. Brilliant... When I need 5kg weights I will be returning to hopefully find some in the same make!
on 31 January 2013
A really nice feel to holding the dumbells, allowing for comfortable repetitions. The 5kg weight is great for starting to work on the upper body strength.

The material doesnt scratch surfaces and the shape stops them rolling away from you when you put them down.
on 27 September 2016
Product is good and delivery quick. I got caught out with not realising I would only receive one dumbbell rather than a pair so for this reason I am only giving three stars as think they are rather pricey individually!!
on 2 August 2010
I bought two of these dumbells to do press ups alternating with arm raises. As I don't have amazing upper body strength yet I opted for the 2.5kg wts rather than strain myslef with a heavier weight. Despite having a good grip thanks to the coating, the hexagonal ends are not wide enough for me to keep my hand wrapped around it whilst the weight is resting on the floor for the press up.
I also echo some of the other reviews in .... why on earth do they sell them in singles?!!! Who wants to buy one weight for pete's sake.
Despite that - good weights and will use for general upper body workouts.
on 15 January 2014
This is a good little product. To be honest I haven't used it that much but when I do it always helps to tone up my arms really well. It is 5KG so will not really build you muscles but great for loosing the flab!
on 18 May 2011
Let me say that this was the worst packed item I have ever received from Amazon. The cardboard box was nowhere near strong enough to hold the two 4kg weights that I ordered. When it arrived at my door one dumbell was already oustide the package on the floor and the other was hanging out the huge gaping hole at the side. They'd also put two DVDs from a separate order in the same package! These were rattling around inside the torn box! Ridiculous.

I know, it's not exactly a review of the product itself (which is fine) but it needed to be said. I feel better now.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling