Price:£17.63 - £23.30

on 29 March 2017
For the money this product is relatively good, however a few months into ownership the coating has delaminated on the spin threads and left some very sharp edges which have caught me out now on two occasions.

Still functional just not brilliant quality.
on 22 May 2017
Good and sturdy bar and has longer ends to fit on more weights, at 6ft it is a bit longer than usual but ideal for both indoor and outdoor use provided you have the space. I have used it for around 1 month and no issues so would recommend
on 12 April 2017
Excellent piece of kit
on 12 April 2017
As described good no problems
on 25 April 2017
Great well built bar super quick delivery. .
on 15 March 2017
great and keeping me fit
on 2 April 2016
The max I've loaded this bar so far was about 40kg (not really much) and it held just fine, no problems at all. The bar itself seems to be of good quality, although the spinlock collars are very bad (see attached picture). With one week of use, they started to drop pieces of their internal screw part and, because of that, became a bit loose on the bar. Now I just use the collars from the dumbbells that I already had. I am sure that it didn't happen because of the way I use it, since the collars of my old dumbbells are still in one piece after more than a year using them 5 days per week, sometimes twice a day (because my boyfriend uses them too). On the other hand, the collars of this bar started to fall apart after one single week of use.
review image
on 15 February 2010
I purchased this bar for use in conjunction with a squat rack. This is because my current 152cm (5') was not quite long enough to fit on the squat rack, since the distance between the weight plates was not long enough.

So I have decided to provide everyone with suitable dimensions so that they can see if the bar is the length they require for their particular application.

The bar is 105cm (41") from the inside of the lip for the weight plates to the inside lip on the alternate side; i.e. this is where you put your hands. The length of each end where you put your weights is 37.5cm (15"). The remaining 2.5cm (1") making up both lips. So will safely fit on any rack/bench with holders less than 100cm (39").

I have noticed the bar does bend a little when you put a bit of weight on it. I know it is rated up to 150kg (330lb), but when you load 80kg (176lb) on the bar, there is a slight bend. When I loaded 115kg (254lb) on it, it didn't seem to bend any more than it did for the 80kg (176lb). So I would say that it is certainly capable of holding 150kg (330lb).

People are talking about this bar hurting their hands, and wearing gloves. I can tell you that all bars will `hurt' your hands. The knurled sections are designed to provide grip, and grip means friction. Your nice soft hands are not used to handling large amounts of friction, so they `hurt' in response to this. Over time, your hands build up a thicker layer of skin to cope with the friction - calluses. This is why builders have rough skin on their hands, to better cope with friction.

Now, I do wear gloves when I work out. Mainly because I don't want calluses. But they are fingerless, like most weight training gloves, which means that your fingers will still get calluses on them. Which means they will get sore - sorry lads, there is no way around it unless you wear full gloves.

I would also like to say that the spinlocks do not come loose on my bar. The rubber ring on the inside of the spinlock prevents this from happening if you tighten the spinlock enough.

I have also weighed the bar and can confirm that it is roughly 7kg (15lb).

I hope this review was helpful.
1010 Comments| 294 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 May 2009
Does exactly what its designed for. Spin lock design can be tedious if you're changing plates a lot but will work your wrists!
NOT suitable for Olympic size plates as I found out, only 1 inch diameter, don't make the same mistake I did through ignorance! I've now ordered an Olympic bar.
on 28 March 2017
Strong bar capable of holding heavy weights