on 10 September 2009
does pulling down front and back (traps and lats) and also triceps. sturdy and takes a good weight. now having used it for 3 years and with heavy weights I find it very robust and still in good condition
on 9 June 2012
I've been using mine for the past 3 weeks now without any problems. The design is okay, but it doesn't feel very solid. It does make a lot of noise going up and down when you pull it but it isn't a huge problem. The set up is very easy. My box came with 'screwdrivers' to put it together which was annoying but luckily I had some spare ones which came with my bench.

I have only gone up to 65kg so far and it hasn't been a problem. I really should check out this warranty correctly in case something happens when I go heavier on the weights. If I remember correctly the booklet says max weight 200kg which is a bit silly I think. But you never know. Just make sure you read the warranty properly to make sure. Bit on the expensive side to be honest for a simple attachment but it's worth it. You can easily buy a tricep extention cable/bar and attach it onto this which is a huge plus! So it can work your lats and triceps! The tricep cable and pushdown bar can be bought off here for around £10-£15. Good luck guys! I will update this if anything happens.
55 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 April 2014
This makes your York incline/decline bench so much better by providing you with more options for exercise while still not taking up any additional room. Easy to put on and take off only down side is your legs can be in harms way if you sit on it so you have to sit with your legs out of the way or risk injury.
on 21 October 2015
I have only given this tower 3 stars because I had to modify it to keep the bar with the weights on of my leg's/knee's when sitting on my bench .Had a bit more thought gone into the design I would not have had to modify it and would have gave it 5 stars
on 7 March 2010
...this is good and helpful on a budget until you put 60 kilos and over on it. My weight bar is bent, the bottom plastic slider has broken off, and the vertical rail is getting scratched with paint being scraped off creating a mess. All within 6 months of purchase. If you're starting out, you should be ok, but when you're doing lat pull downs at 90kilos, or even tricpe push downs at 65 kilos, you'll soon discover the limits of this device. A shame really.
on 14 March 2013
they forget to tell you about the grating noise it makes in use, suspect some part is missing as also didn't find the tools in the box when it arrived. Still a good, solid, bit of kit
on 3 May 2014
Ordered this attachment for my B530 bench and really pleased I did. It was simple to assemble and very good for the money, a nice addition to my home gym. I use my olympic plates with this and have gone up to 65kg (done at my own risk like other user commented) despite the machine supposedly only able to handle 40kg. You don't need to be strapped into a seat to work your lats, if you feel you do then you are simply using weights which are too heavy for you, you aren't using proper form and are only exercising your ego. Buy it.
on 14 September 2015
Great addition to have to the York Bench where you simply add your standard weight plates (1inch holes if I remember correctly) and your ready to go! Really adds variety to the home gym.

However, the weight hold does scrape against the metal pole and you end up with shafts of metal by your seat and there isn't much security for your legs but I guess you get what you pay for and this is great overall.
on 8 January 2014
Easy to set up and solid - used with 50kg weights no problem (although recommends 40kg max so done at my own risk). Slightly annoying as it gets in the way when not in use (i.e. dumbell flys on the bench) and is quite cumbersome to remove.
on 6 February 2015
works great is a little noise but holds a good amount of weight. Have brought a few attachments and so universal this is in fact one of the best lat pull down kits around such a great addition to my bench.