Flavour: Strawberry|Size: 1 Kg|Change

on 16 November 2014
I have been taking one heaped scoopful (about) 20g, which is quite enough for me after training with an extra one before bed on days when I have done exercise.
I have tried normal whey protein and tried IGF/ GF-1), and find that after taking GF-1 - with several different kinds of protein - I have more energy and am able to think more clearly after a hard work-out or long Karate session, than after taking just normal Whey Protein. It also seems to help give me the extra energy for a long walk home late at night after a tough workout! I also feel that it's helped to build up my muscles. Also found that GF is not too hard on my stomach either.
(At The moment I normally take Whey after training and GF before bed or if I train at Night.)

I am actually a type 1 diabetic too, so have to watch my sugar and carbohydrate intake. This is very low in both, but I find the strawberry and chocolate flavors both taste good mixed with water. It doesn't quite fill me up a lot, but does give me that extra burst of energy and mental focus to keep going after heavy exercise.
on 26 March 2016
Just received my protein powder.. OPENED!! The seal was broke as well as the seal tore off inside!! The protein looks very different to what I've had before!! I will not be using and awaiting a collection/ refund!! To be continued..!!
review image review image
on 15 March 2013
Contacted Amazon as the bottle that arrived does not look anything like the advertised item. The label states GF1 instead of IGF-1 and looks like a cheaper label. I've gave 1 star based on the fact I have doubts on the authenticity and this makes me uneasy.

The product itself I'd give 5 stars based on the previous 10 bottles I've used, it has just the right consistency and isn't sickly sweet tasting like most proteins.

Edit: Had confirmation from seller within the hour so top marks to them. USN is currently rebranding so this is the latest product. I have since returned to the USN website and they are slowly updating the pictures.Seems odd to drop the IGF-1 label but maybe the world is running out of the 'i' vowel.
on 19 November 2014
This shake mix is surprisingly tasty, I'm not sure of its actual benefits as I don't use it for muscle building, or as an after excersise drink. I wanted to make sure that I am getting enough protein on a daily basis, and with the measuring spoon included in the tub, I can easily add this to my favourite smoothie recipe.
on 15 August 2013
as a personal trainer and nutritionist i like to try all types of these big name supplements to see if they are worth having usn pure protein is one of the best out there good protein content low carb and low sugar is ideal for a good shake depending on your goals mixability taste and texture of this product are excellent i would reccomend anyone to try it and with the time release protein in it makes it a good choice for the very busy people 5* rating
on 8 May 2013
All fatties stop looking for the cure and buy this.
I've done a low carb diet before and it's worked so I thought I'd give this a go for when I'm working or having a busy day.
It tastes better than most other milkshakes, not like the real thing but some sacrifices have to be made.
In one week combining two to three shakes with a very healthy diet I've lost 7lbs.
My energy levels have grown too, When they say fat people are lazy it's true, you can't move as well as thinner people, so do less.
I'm a 5'4 female weighing 17 stone, i know what I'm talking about.
on 10 June 2016
Bought vanilla and strawberry flavours on amazon deal of the day.

Tried the vanilla for the last few days and it tastes excellent, really really nice, so much better than My Protein Hurricane XS!!

Plenty of protein, low carbs and tastes delicious.

I don't think I will be switching from this!
on 3 February 2016
I think mixes well with just a good shake in an old peanut butter pot. Tastes ok too. I think has helped me with my sport. I use with water after a session, n seems to give me an edge in strength progression. Contains fructose which I beleive helps also with the protein for body to build muscle
on 1 April 2015
Great Protein powder that mixes well with no powdery aftertaste. Have tried many powders and found USN to agree with my stomach where many others have not. Not too sweet and not overloaded with calories making it great for a pre-or post workout shake. I mix mine with water and it mixes to a thick delicious consistency. Good quality natural banana taste, unlike some others available.
on 12 February 2016
bought the banana toffee shake. mixes well with ice cubes added in tornado shaker...350 mls water needed but lovely taste. played squash the did hard hour workout...post workout shake meant no pain next morning. seeing big gain in muscle definition but only small weight gain...excellent for people who don't want to be gorillas. ordered the choc mint next to try for variety..hope is as good as banana. update tried mint choc and enjoyed. now ordered chocolate flavour.