Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

on 31 January 2013
The item was purchased upon price, and certainly feels and sounds like a more expensive Amplifier.
Good build quality.
Ideal for simply playing at home or small venue.
Would definitely recommend this product.
on 10 October 2014
A great little amp. It's low price doesn't reflect in its quality.
I find it best at lower volume but if you crank it up it can handle it no problem.
It's build quality is excellent and it can probably take a few knocks
Only gripe I have is that the power lead can't be unplugged from the amp and is a wee bit short.
on 15 January 2012
excellent product for a practise amp, size is very convenient , output sufficient for personal use and is extremely good value for the money asked for it.
on 16 January 2015
Good little amp which I use for my drum machine in the garage. It distorts a little when giving it some stick but it is a guitar amp really. Will by another, so have one for left and one for right to lessen the input load a little. Paid 35 quid for my first one but still worth the 42 quid asking price.
on 25 November 2015
Good quality amp. Like many have said, the volume can be placed at an almost non-existent low-level, in order to play at a volume that isn't ridiculous. Other than that, I have had no issues with the amp. The wire to plug it in could do with being a little longer, but that's easily fixed with an extension chord. Very aesthetically pleasing with a great sound.
on 25 February 2016
I guess you get what you pay for and this is an entry price unit. It is a bit buzzy when the volume is up and it is as basic as it gets. I am a rubbish guitar player and so I cannot really complain, but if you have any designs on good sound I would pay more and buy something else.
on 2 October 2015
Very nice sound and build quality, the tweeter placed in the center of the speaker gives a nice bright sound. Only slight niggle is that there is too much gain, to get a reasonable volume the volume control is almost at the minimum. Overall I am very impressed however.
on 30 December 2015
Lovely little amp, I'm not sure that I am getting the best out of it yet as I haven't had time to spend time playing with it yet, I'm using it with a new Ukulele as well so there is time needed to get everything working together.
on 22 February 2013
Lacking comprehensive information describing the product. Obviously the amplifier must match the guitar that feeds it. To help the user do this the allowable input signal range should be specified. The amplifier also has a select switch for active and passive inputs. The purpose of this should also be described in some (technical detail). My guitar has a powered pre-amp so I presume that this is deemed to be active and that a passive pre-amp (or guitar pick-up) is not internally powered by the guitar and is powered by the amplifier. If these assumptions are wrong then this simply makes the case stronger for providing a more comprehensive technical description of the product.

A CD/MP3 input is also provided. However there is absolutely no description provided as to the allowable signal type and range for this either.

I don't know why these amplifiers are provided with a volume, treble, mid and bass controls. In my experience these duplicate the same controls already provided on the guitar. For an acoustic amplifier emphasis should be on matching the amplifier to the guitar and providing the cleanest undistorted sound possible.

I appreciate that the comments that I have made here could probably be applied to most (maybe all) of the acoustic guitar amps on the market today.. I have to say i consider the price paid for the Stagg unbelievably low for what has been provided. For me it has worked well though it is very easy to drive it into distortion for the reasons described above.
44 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2015
Awesome capable amplifier for the price of a cheap plastic amp. This product is designed for acoustic playing, so if you are planning to use it for electric guitar. Look elsewhere.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Lowest Price