3,636
Size: 200 ml|Change

on 9 July 2014
I lost some weight recently and was shocked to find small stretch marks on my upper arms and neck. Didn't expect that to happen, it was only a little over a stone. I was really uncomfortable, and stopped going sleeveless or short sleeves which is ridiculous. My cousin handed me a bottle of this after getting tired of my complaints, and it really helps. I put it on at night after my shower, I think warm skin helps absorb oil better. Don't look for immediate results, it takes a couple of weeks before you notice a change, after a month, I was really happy and felt ok about wearing my sleeveless tops. The stretch marks aren't gone completely, but they are only slightly noticeable and I feel like now people see the weight loss and not the marks on my arms and neck. I highly recommend it for stretch marks.

A co-worker told me that she uses this as a moisturizer, so I tried it on my face and body. It's ok, I'm not going to do a dance about how perfect my skin is, but it helped and made me think about using oil for my skin care. I found this Bel Essence - (2oz) 100% All-Natural Organic Anti-Wrinkle Formula with Argan, Grapeseed and Sesame Oil - 2oz which works really well and it's great if you like 100% all natural oil products. I then found the cream Bel Essence - Intensive All-Natural Anti-Wrinkle Treatment. Reduce the Appearance of Facial Lines and Wrinkles Naturally - 1.5oz, and I since I'm used to a cream for skin care I use this. Love the oil too, but I'm a cream person. I think the cream absorbs a little faster, so I can use the cream in the morning and at night. I use the Bio-oil on my neck and arms, and the Bel Essence on everything - arms, neck, face, hands. The Bio Oil and Bel Essence work together beautifully. In addition to my stretch marks being even less noticeable, my skin stays soft and hydrated, and when a friend of mine asked me if I had some cosmetic work done, I ran to the mirror and saw that the fine lines on my forehead, eyes, upper lip and even my neck were gone. When someone at a business meeting commented how soft my hands were after shaking hands, I was sold. I've never had so many compliments. These two products together have made such a difference in my skin, and I feel great every time I go out - I know I look my best.
11 comment| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 June 2009
I must say this oil is brilliant!!!! Yes, it's oily but it is oil! It smells lovley and really does the job. I have used it on a burn scar and under my eyes. I tend to use the oil every morning after washing my face and then before I go to bed - if you use a bit it soaks into your skin and gives you a fresh glow :-)
on 9 January 2016
There is no doubt that Bio Oil is a very popular product and for good reason. My wife applied it during three pregnancies and has absolutely no stretch marks whatsoever. Of course, some women do not get stretch marks so there is no conclusive proof that it was due to the Bio Oil.

Bio Oil is nice to apply. I say this because I have been applying it to my bald head for a few years and my forehead and around my eyes. It does improve skin tone and heals up cuts and scars nicely. It also works really well on dry skin. However, be wary of applying it to broken/irritated skin... it's probably not the best thing to use as a balm after shaving for instance! Do not apply it before going out in the sun either unless you want to be fried!

Having said all of that, here's the thing about Bio Oil. It is a petroleum based oil, not a natural oil - which might pose a problem for some, particularly regarding sustainability. So I am experimenting with more natural oils - mostly with Organic Virgin Coconut Oil - which is plant based (I know Petroleum is strictly speaking) and certainly less greasy than Bio Oil and the coconut oil smells lovely too! I will review the coconut oil once I have tried it for a few months and can more accurately compare and contrast, but it is a cheaper alternative to Bio Oil.

I am not entirely convinced by the "breakthrough ingredient" in Bio Oil - Porcelain oil... the sceptic in me wants to question it a little and see some studies showing what it actually does and where it comes from... it's trade marked to Bio Oil so that raises some questions in my mind.

Anyway, on the whole, I do like Bio Oil and think that it does produce noticeable results when used consistently - twice a day for 3 months, but do read the ingredients list carefully and make sure you are happy putting it on your skin before you part with your money.
on 18 May 2016
works great for stretch marks!!! due to my weight loss, I have stretch marks almost everywhere on my body and since using this product for over 3 months, my stretch marks have almost disappeared, especially on my arms. It takes a bit of time to notice the results, but definitely worth the wait.
on 3 February 2013
Have used Bio Oil for years now,and it does what it says. gets rid of scaring very good for acne scars
on 17 February 2016
Good value - much cheaper than buying the same product from Boots when it is on offer on Amazon. Gave this to my mum who is very positive about this and says that it is helping with scars on her hands from gardening/cat scratches etc.
on 19 July 2008
I saw it advertised on TV and thought I would give it a try, I have been using it for 6 months now.

It is not a miracle (and does not claim to be so) but it does improve the appearance of scars and stretch marks as it does claim, mine have faded slightly. However the best result surprised me. I have dermatitis, very sensitive (and prone to spots) skin and also odd spots of hyper-pigmentation. I use it on my face and it lessens the redness, clears up my dry skin and intensively moisturises the sore flaky patches more than my previous speciality product did (a vitamin E cream).

It does say on the leaflet that is leaves a protective barrier on the skin which is what the previous reviews mentioned. Put too much on and it does sit on the surface on the skin but if applied after a hot bath or shower, a couple of drops easily does the whole face and neck and massage in (instructions on how to massage face on leaflet included) it spreads even with no greasiness just a slight lubricated feel as previously mentioned.

It is my only facial moisturiser these days (bar an extra specialist cream for just on my darker pigmentation marks), takes care off the lighter marks and my skin looks much better plus I love the scent.

What suits one though does not suit another so I recommend a small bottle to start with and if you do not like it for face and body, it makes an excellent night time hand and nail treatment (with gloves if you feel it's too oily).

Top marks from me and my humble opinion and experience.
11 comment| 303 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2016
Easily absorbed into the skin without leaving a greasy feeling, it smells great too. I use this product on my daughter regularly. It was great for chicken pox scars and made a significant difference after 8 weeks of use.
on 16 October 2014
Been using Bio Oil ever since I had surgery 6 years ago - purchased originally for aid in healing scars. Now use it every day as a moisturiser for face, neck and cleavage - everyone says how wel I look so it must be doing some good (I am 62).
on 18 June 2013
I've been applying this oil to my belly which are full of stretch marks thanks to my last pregnancy. I've only been using it for two weeks but my hubby noticed last night that the marks were less visible and so did I! I think the color tone is what is changing and helping most. Not sure if this is the best for using on the face for wrinkles and fine lines though.

I've used retinol cream for this in the past Retinol Cream (Vitamin A) - 2 oz. + FREE St. Ives Renewing Collagen Elastin Advanced Body Moisturizer Gift Set and I began seeing a difference in days. I used the oil for over a week but stopped because it was causing some breakouts along my chin line. Not a big deal, still like the product and would recommendation for anyone with stretch marks to use right away.
11 comment| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse