Size: 200 ml|Change

on 9 July 2014
I lost some weight recently and was shocked to find small stretch marks on my upper arms and neck. Didn't expect that to happen, it was only a little over a stone. I was really uncomfortable, and stopped going sleeveless or short sleeves which is ridiculous. My cousin handed me a bottle of this after getting tired of my complaints, and it really helps. I put it on at night after my shower, I think warm skin helps absorb oil better. Don't look for immediate results, it takes a couple of weeks before you notice a change, after a month, I was really happy and felt ok about wearing my sleeveless tops. The stretch marks aren't gone completely, but they are only slightly noticeable and I feel like now people see the weight loss and not the marks on my arms and neck. I highly recommend it for stretch marks.

A co-worker told me that she uses this as a moisturizer, so I tried it on my face and body. It's ok, I'm not going to do a dance about how perfect my skin is, but it helped and made me think about using oil for my skin care. I found this Bel Essence - (2oz) 100% All-Natural Organic Anti-Wrinkle Formula with Argan, Grapeseed and Sesame Oil - 2oz which works really well and it's great if you like 100% all natural oil products. I then found the cream Bel Essence - Intensive All-Natural Anti-Wrinkle Treatment. Reduce the Appearance of Facial Lines and Wrinkles Naturally - 1.5oz, and I since I'm used to a cream for skin care I use this. Love the oil too, but I'm a cream person. I think the cream absorbs a little faster, so I can use the cream in the morning and at night. I use the Bio-oil on my neck and arms, and the Bel Essence on everything - arms, neck, face, hands. The Bio Oil and Bel Essence work together beautifully. In addition to my stretch marks being even less noticeable, my skin stays soft and hydrated, and when a friend of mine asked me if I had some cosmetic work done, I ran to the mirror and saw that the fine lines on my forehead, eyes, upper lip and even my neck were gone. When someone at a business meeting commented how soft my hands were after shaking hands, I was sold. I've never had so many compliments. These two products together have made such a difference in my skin, and I feel great every time I go out - I know I look my best.
22 comments| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2009
Bio Oil was recommended to me by a relative who had several major surgeries in a short period and was using it to minimize scarring. She was so pleased with it and found it worked really well in this area. She had also been putting it on her face and had discovered it had an effect on her skin tone. I was sceptical but as I am unwilling to buy expensive creams etc. I thought I would listen to her and give it a go.

I am 60 and menopausal and as a result my skin is beginning to thin and to line a little. The colour is also becoming rather uneven and the combination of all these was making me look ( and feel) my age. It took a few weeks of consistant use, but I have found that my skin is so much softer to the touch. The colour has evened out considerably and the lines are definitely much less obvious. I know it has worked because I cannot tell you how many compliments I am receiving on an almost dailly basis from people looking at me quizzically and then asking me what I have been doing, as I appear to be getting younger. I was approached by a perfect stranger the other day in the supermarket, who asked me what type of make up I was wearing as I had a lovely glow - I wasn't wearing any and was able to direct her to the Bio Oil shelf!

Don't give up if you don't see a difference after only a couple of weeks; the smalll amount of effort it takes to apply it a couple of times a day (e.g. before your morning routine and after cleansing in the evening) for a couple of months will pay dividends you will be delighted with. When it becomes an automatic part of your dailly routine, you can sit back and enjoy the compliments.

I bought mine originally from the high street and then a much larger size(125ml)bottle from Amazon, as it was a lot cheaper than retail. It is about £8.00 from the shops for the smallest size, but even at that it lasts for absolutely ages, as only a tiny amount is needed each time.

Do yourself a favour and buy this product. It makes no ridiculous claims of making you 10 years younger in 5 minutes, or removing all the signs of ageing in one fell swoop, but it does actually do what it says on the packaging - and more. I am delighted by the results and will continue to use it dailly.
88 comments| 672 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 June 2009
I must say this oil is brilliant!!!! Yes, it's oily but it is oil! It smells lovley and really does the job. I have used it on a burn scar and under my eyes. I tend to use the oil every morning after washing my face and then before I go to bed - if you use a bit it soaks into your skin and gives you a fresh glow :-)
on 26 January 2013
very good! it works! (however do not forget to rub the oil with your hands first to make the oil warm and then pat it into your skin; because if you use it directly to your skin, your skin will become very greasy and the oil will not work. )
on 3 February 2013
Have used Bio Oil for years now,and it does what it says. gets rid of scaring very good for acne scars
on 19 July 2008
I saw it advertised on TV and thought I would give it a try, I have been using it for 6 months now.

It is not a miracle (and does not claim to be so) but it does improve the appearance of scars and stretch marks as it does claim, mine have faded slightly. However the best result surprised me. I have dermatitis, very sensitive (and prone to spots) skin and also odd spots of hyper-pigmentation. I use it on my face and it lessens the redness, clears up my dry skin and intensively moisturises the sore flaky patches more than my previous speciality product did (a vitamin E cream).

It does say on the leaflet that is leaves a protective barrier on the skin which is what the previous reviews mentioned. Put too much on and it does sit on the surface on the skin but if applied after a hot bath or shower, a couple of drops easily does the whole face and neck and massage in (instructions on how to massage face on leaflet included) it spreads even with no greasiness just a slight lubricated feel as previously mentioned.

It is my only facial moisturiser these days (bar an extra specialist cream for just on my darker pigmentation marks), takes care off the lighter marks and my skin looks much better plus I love the scent.

What suits one though does not suit another so I recommend a small bottle to start with and if you do not like it for face and body, it makes an excellent night time hand and nail treatment (with gloves if you feel it's too oily).

Top marks from me and my humble opinion and experience.
11 comment| 304 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2016
Great product. Great for dry skin and oily
I have both.
Love it skin feels very soft and feels nourished in morning.
I work in all weathers and this saves me from drying winds, harsh sun and vicious cold! Wear under sunscreen and moisturiser for added moisture!
Love it
on 18 October 2016
Leaves skin soft, hasn't really had much affect on a scar I have on my knee after I cut it open. It did have it's work cut out mind. I've used on my acne scars and I'd say it makes them look better to me, but no one else would notice. It's a good moisturiser but I wouldn't say it's worth the price. That being said the bottle does last well. Being an oil you wouldn't apply it before going out, it's strictly for use before bed if used on your face. It's worth a shot to improve your skin tone but I wouldn't expect miracles as the product suggests.
on 18 June 2013
I've been applying this oil to my belly which are full of stretch marks thanks to my last pregnancy. I've only been using it for two weeks but my hubby noticed last night that the marks were less visible and so did I! I think the color tone is what is changing and helping most. Not sure if this is the best for using on the face for wrinkles and fine lines though.

I've used retinol cream for this in the past Retinol Cream (Vitamin A) - 2 oz. + FREE St. Ives Renewing Collagen Elastin Advanced Body Moisturizer Gift Set and I began seeing a difference in days. I used the oil for over a week but stopped because it was causing some breakouts along my chin line. Not a big deal, still like the product and would recommendation for anyone with stretch marks to use right away.
11 comment| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 June 2009
I had a consultation to have an ugly cyst removed from my face and the plastic surgeon said there was no evidence this product worked at all and he advised massage was the only way to reduce scarring. My argument was that if massage alone was the key to reducing scarring, why not do it with bio-oil - can't hurt, can it?

Anyway, the cyst decided (with perfect timing) to go nuts the week before the operation to remove it and became hugely inflamed and swollen, negating any possible surgery until it calmed down. Eventually after a week of steaming it over hot water with tea tree oil, it popped, leaving a large hole and a crater under the skin.

I've now been usng bio oil for a number of weeks (twice daily after washing with a mid-range face soap) and it definitely helps...a lot! My skin is much softer and the scarring about my face from years of acne and this nasty cyst are definitely reducing significantly. The redness from the cyst's infection has also completely gone so from a distance you'd never know I'd had it (previously during the infected stage it would have been visible from the moon! I kid you not, I could easily see it in my peripheral vision and at it's worst it was approaching the size of half a golf ball).

Like other reviewers, I'm also now getting compliments on the glow and general condition of my skin but I'm only in my early 30's so I consider it a real compliment to the product that it can even help those of us with less miles on the clock!

In summary, it can't hurt to give it a go so I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to improve the quality of their skin. Just make sure you keep up the regime.