Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Discover more Shop now

Size: 12x60g|Change

on 13 April 2010
Tasty bar - has helped me lose a stone in 3 weeks. I don't feel like I have had to go without chocolate.. Very filling. I highly recommend - especially for chocoholics dieting.
on 19 July 2012
There are 2 version of these bars (and the same for cyclone version). One of which comes in a matte grey/silver wrapper with a foil inner and tastes great. I'd give it 5 stars.

The other comes in a shiny grey/silver wrapper without a foil inner and tastes foul. I'd give it one star. (the cyclone version like this is pretty much inedible, the promax meal is slighly more edible but nowhere near as nice as the foil wrapped version)

I've had 2 boxes (one of each kind, both through amazon) and I will probably never buy another box, the chance that I'll get the wrong second version is just not worth it.

Maximuscle need to recall the nasty versions of the bars before they lose all their customers, i for one wot be buying any more of their bars. I've been stung twice, first on their cyclone bars and now these, I'm going to stick to another more consistant brand in future.
on 18 August 2016
These bars are fantastic if your looking for an easy way to boost your daily protein intake.

I tend to have one of these before I go to the gym. It give me a boost and my body the energy to get through my work out after which I take my USN shake.

The bars themselves are quite tough, and are not for those with brittle teeth :). If you remember it's a good idea to keep it in your pocket for 30 mins before opening it to make it slightly softer.

Don't rely on it as a substitute for a meal, any way if your anything like me it wont last you more than an hour rather than the recommended 3hrs you should have between meals when training.
on 26 December 2009
This will be a fairly short review, as these bars are simply Five Star! They are by far the best tasting, and I feel best performance recovery bars on the market - by far. I had been taking Maximuscle's other excellent Diet Bars until I decided to switch to these bars to avoid the very high caffeine content of the Diet Bars. And I am so glad I did. These Meal Bars are the same in calories and pack in slightly more protein, plus without the caffeine, they can be taken at any time of day or night; perfect after a late evening workout session. Above this, they taste great, have a firm, chewy texture, and have no (for me) after or side effects. Even if on a weight loss programme, these Meal Bars are highly recommended over the Diet Bars, and I am very glad I switched. Well done Maximuscle.
on 4 December 2015
This item is used when i go to the gym and it tastes ok

It comes in a matte grey/silver wrapper with a foil inner and tastes ok.

Since i have tasted other ones like Bounce, i would give this one 3 star.

Whilst being compact nutrition, the taste is ok ok.

The item was on a lighting deal so i thought i try it, however every time i had it, i felt nausea and sick.

I therefore stopped using their product.
on 3 May 2014
I've been buying these bars for over a year now, and they do work. I only had one after or before a workout.
But when I started buying them they were less than £1 a bar for a box of 12. now they're £18.50!!

They do have a nice taste compared with other protein bars however they don't taste any nicer than they did a year ago and they are still 60g bars. The increase in price is ridiculous and I now have stopped buying them due to it. If they really want to help people get fit and healthy then why increase the price by 50%? unjustifiable in my eyes.

If you look at the excellent reviews for this item you will see they're all prior 2014, when it was still a decent price.
on 19 February 2015
These have made a big difference for me in two ways. The first obvious one being after the gym and allowing me to recover quicker form the work out. But I have also started using them before 11 a side football matches and at half time (small bite) and have found that it has made me stronger towards the end of games. It also then aids recovery. WOuld strongly recommend these.
on 27 June 2016
First let me say that the Promax Bars have a nice taste to them, they are a little dry but definitely are ok to consume if you need a High Protein Bar‎ fix. The big downside for me is in two areas. Over constant use in a period of 1 week they really messed up my digestive ecosystem cycle, the second big problem is the dreaded Protein flatulence and it is BAD. My wife tried a couple of the Promax Bars and had the same problem and the smell is rotten. I've had to stop taking them now which is a shame as I quite liked the taste and the fullness you get from eating them.
on 12 February 2015
I bought these bars because I was trying to cut out high sugar, low protein snacks. I was fairly hesitant and I couldn't imagine they would taste particularly nice. I was pleasantly surprised, however. I got the chocolate bars and I found them to be a fairly tasty, easy to carry, high-protein snack. With these I managed to completely cut out all those terrible snacks (Haribo etc) that I used to munch on as a treat. I bought these at around £1 per bar on Amazon, which is significantly cheaper than buying individual bars at machines at the gym. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is that the texture takes a little getting used to; they're quite tough and heavy. After initially being unsure, I really warmed to them and find them delicious now.

I'd highly recommend these for anyone who wants to carry around easy-to-consume, tasty, high protein snacks.
on 8 May 2014
The flavour of this bar is really very good and I actually enjoy the chewiness and even grittiness and the texture.
Be warned, they are VERY chewy. But like I said, I really like that!

They are a decent source of energy if I eat one about 45 mins before exercise. I haven't noticed better recovery when used after.

But I'm not hardcore!