on 29 January 2015
This is a very sharply detailed model and looks great on my desk. It holds two packets of my favourite gingernuts easily. As people have said in other reviews, the container isn't airtight. It doesn't bother me as I don't mind slightly softened biscuits but in my case they don't last long enough to go soft anyway. The Tardis noise is quite authentic. It makes the sound as you close the lid, or if you press down on the lantern. The removeable, and easily washable, inner means that you can keep things hygienic though it does reduce the space. If you wanted to use it for non-food items you could remove this piece and have a larger box.
5 people found this helpful
on 26 November 2012
Dr Who fan? Silly gadget fan? Get one of these! Bought two and they arrived a bit loose in the box which meant the lids were opening and closing very slightly, so I could hear the postie walking up the drive with them- whooshing in and out through time! Nice and big, seem to be well made, will find out on Christmas day exactly how utterly brilliant they are. But so far, I agree with everyone else's comments in that they are really fun, the lid makes authentic tardis noise when you shut it and the light flashes on and off for about ten seconds.
10 people found this helpful
on 19 November 2016
This is a "cookie jar" in the form of the Dr Who T.A.R.D.I.S. It could easily be used as a storage container for other things.
An inner container lifts out for cleaning.
Makes no sound when you open the hinged lid but sound & light when you close it! Who's been at the cookie's?!!!
Capacity 8" * 4" * 4" 20cm * 10cm * 10cm
3*LR44 button cell batteries required (included).
on 9 June 2017
Good enough to be a model let alone for keeping biscuits in it. The light and sound when the lid is opened is spot on, when I first heard the sound it took me right back to my childhood watching Dr Who on a Saturday tea time just after World of Sport had finished. Well worth the asking price.
on 3 September 2017
What's not to love about this item. I love anything Dr Who and it fits in with all the other stuff I have. The removable inner box makes it easy to remove any biscuit crumbs and the blue light flashes and makes "the noise" when the lid is closed. Love it!
on 19 March 2013
very happy with my purchase, it looks great on my office desk, just the right size.Looks cool amongst the computer screens, like Dr Who just landed there. Also perfect size for my snack bars. I look forward to opening it each day just to hear the Tardis sound. It's the little things that do it eh !
10 people found this helpful
on 16 January 2016
Its very nice and detailed Tardis. With the blue light on Top and Flashing on and off with the original Tardis sound. I'am very happy with this Product and for collectors i think a must have.

Its to cool for Cookies.

But one Problem i have, its not inside bigger then outside ;)
on 13 November 2013
This Tardis Cookie Jar is brilliant for any Dr Who fan young or old, the Tardis makes a noise when the lid is being opened so You know when any-one is pinching Your cookies. Absolulty brilliant.
4 people found this helpful
on 4 December 2013
My friend (who is forty)is still an avid Dr. Who fan, so what better to buy for him than this novel cookie jar. The sound when the lid is opened is very authentic. He loves it. However I would have given it five stars but I do not think the cookies will stay fresh for long as there isn`t a rubber seal on the lid. He has decided to use it for tea bags or sweets.
on 17 March 2017
I LIKE THIS ITEM.GOOD SIZE AND IT LOOKS GOOD.THE SOUND COMES FROM INSIDE ( which i knew about) SO ITS A BIT QUIET. BUT I AM STILL HAPPY WITH IT.THANKS AGAIN