on 26 October 2010
No problem with the product but just a note of caution before your spend £30 on them. I have had a Phillishave shaver for many years and had never replaced the cutting heads despite the manufacturer recommendation to do so every two years. However I decided it was time to do so and took the environmental approach to replace the shaving heads rather than buy a new shaver. Mistake ! The shaver has packed up within six months and I was able to buy a similar new one for less than £40 ! OK, I can still use the new shaving heads as they are compatible so will get value for money eventually but in hindsight . . . if your razor is old then consider just buying a new one. Immediate benefit is that the rechargeable battery seems to last weeks whereas the one on the old unit needed re-charging every week.
44 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 November 2009
On fitting the new heads to my shaver I experienced the sort of shave I had been missing lately. The heads ran more quietly and left me with a smooth face and neck. The impossible-to-remove hairs that grew on my neck (and were white and therefore less visible)were removed and I was extremely pleased. The cost had been much less than that of a new shaver. I have used Philips for many years and am pleased that by purchasing new heads this will continue.
The supplier sent me a single head at the price of three, but when the mistake was discovered every effort was made to correct the mistake. Full marks to Euroelectricals.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 August 2009
While they may seem expensive for all they are, (3 small blades in a tiny packet) they have breathed a new lease of life into my razor! The shaving experience is now much better and doesn't result in the hairs being tugged out, rather than cut off. Philips suggest they are replaced every 2 years; I can now see why!
on 2 October 2009
My razor is like new again.
Replacement shaving head delivered within the week at a very compeditive price including free delivery.Philips HQ55/40 Replacement Shaving Head
on 14 March 2010
Didn't realise how bad my cutters where till I ordered these. (ok I've had my shaver for about 4+ years). It was becoming a real chore shaving...wouldn't cut properly without taking an age going over & over an area of my chin etc.. & then used a wet shaver to finish off what was missed....

banged these in after ordering, light & day difference! close cut again along with how much quicker it is!

The price seems a bit overpriced for what you get but given the price of wet shave blades & how often you'd have to change them, I can live with it. I would however, depending on how old/what model your shaver is, compare the price of new shavers complete with these cutters first as there does'nt seem to be much price difference with some.
on 31 March 2014
I run two shavers a Philips rotary and a Braun foil shaver. The former deals well on longer growth
whilst the latter provides a smooth finish overall. I like both of them so I regularly order replacement
cutters and find them most satisfactory.
on 15 December 2010
this is avery good product except the price seems to go up and down a lotleaving it very expensive at times. I think agood price for this product would be around 15 to 18 pounds then it would be more viable to change regular as surely it cannot take so mutch to make this item. Also i am told to watch out as it is not very well described with some people geting only one blade instead of 3 for their triple head shaver. PWM robin
on 25 February 2014
I was all set to buy a new razor as one of the floating heads on my old one had totally broken. However, looking at new razors on Amazon up pop this replacement for a third of the price I was going to pay for a new one.
Very easy to fit and it's now like a new razor.
on 3 November 2013
My shaver was getting blunt and started to pull my beard every so often. Went to Amazon, ordered these replacements, When they arrived it took about a minute to replace them for the old ones, and hey presto, a nice clean, close and painless shave - again.
on 14 September 2012
This item was ok for my needs,but is advertised as a shaving head replacement,when it should clearly say cutter blades only.I thought it might have included the cutter head cage,as with other suppliers.Philips Norelco HQ8 Sensotec Spectra (3 Pack) For Use With Philips Shavers: 7100 Series, 7200 Series, 7300 Series, 8400 Series, 8800 Series, shaver heads razor blades cutters and foils replacement shaving head.