Colour: Matte Black|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 July 2016
I bought this ink for my R1800 printer - and it's exceptional quality (far better than generic brands). It also lasts longer than non-Epson ink cartridges. As such, I do recommend this product. Yet it's nonetheless rather costly - as the R1800 printer requires numerous ink cartridges, and at £10+ each it turns out to be very pricy to print.

I've tended to use this quality ink for printing photographs. I rely on cheaper, generic brands to print word documents.
on 15 May 2017
as described
on 30 December 2014
Standard
on 12 January 2006
The quality of the prints using these inks, the Epson R800 printer and semi glossy Epson paper are fantastic and beat prints from any from the high steet stores.
True, the price for a mere 13cc of ink in each cartridge is too high. Previous posts just demonstrate that insufficient research was done to identify the true cost of operating this printer
We can only hope that the kind folk at Epson have a pricing policy re-think in the near future or extend the bulk pack deals available for the cheaper products to the high end ink sales.
on 17 March 2013
Epson inks are excellent for their colour quality and durability but the ink cartridges seem now to contain significantly less ink than a few years ago. I have installed a brand new cartridge and the printer utility shows it registers less than half full. This is consistent with other cartridges I have recently installed. I guess they must be making some kind of saving but the cost of a full set of cartridges now is around a third of the cost of a new A3 printer. It might be worth using cheap third party inks and just discarding the printer when it fails to work.
on 18 February 2012
I have always bought original inks for my Epson Stylus Photo 800,even though the price is very high.

Today I am printing important invitations, the yellow ink is out . I replace it with one that arrived from Amazon recently.
Instantly a notice comes up that the ink is not genuine. I click that I will still use it . My time is short. The invitations must go.

No way. The printer has stopped and won't print at all no matter what I do.
It is Sunday and I can't find a shop open.

Where did this cartridge come from?Epson T0544 Yellow Ink Cartridge STYLUS Photo R800/R1800 Printers (C13T05444010)
on 4 January 2006
Don't be tempted to buy the cheaper 3rd party ink refils, compared to the epson inks they are rubbish especially on printed photo's. There's no point having a good printer filled with bad ink.
on 11 August 2013
Office Clearance/Trade Surplus - Print Refills. This company would have ZERO stars if it were possible. The product arrived without any of the original Frog packaging on at all. Their stock is out of date as removal of outer packaging has the expiry date on it.

I consider this is a deliberate intent to defraud as not one of the items is of merchantable quality and most certainly could not be sold on. After making a complaint to Print Refills they ignored all subsequent communications. PayPal also totally ignored communications as it was too much trouble for them to investigate the matter fully and also stated falsehoods.

I spoke to a Norman at Print Refills and at no time was I informed as to the state of the product I would be supplied with. Delivery requests were ignored as they were informed the recipient was handicapped and would be in hospital on certain days. Of course they attempted a delivery on one of those days. They stated that delivery would be made by Royal Mail, it was not which did not help. Attempts to sort the problems were totally ignored and Norman the Manager made false allegations followed up by ignoring emails.

I paid via PayPal and when they ignored my email and complaint I complained about their Customer Services which also went ignored. I was told 4 - 8 weeks I think it was before I got a response from them!

I actually received an email response from PayPal on 25JUL13 stating that they had found in my favour and had reversed the charges. I checked on my account and after finding NO refund phoned PayPal on 08AUG13. After phoning their 0870 number, too stressful trying to email them and getting ignored, after spending over 30 minutes on a mobile I now find they have made a mistake!
Update:-

After I complained about my experience with Print Refills via PayPals' Complaint procedure quoting the correct references it seems as though there was not a link between the two communications so one was closed and the latter ignored in addition to a communication error. PayPal are now aware of this anomaly so hopefully no one should encounter this problem again.

I think the above would have been rectified a very long time ago had anyone complained and it is an example of where complainants have possibly given up so nothing gets resolved both in favour of a customer or a supplier.

I contacted the CEO of PayPal Europe about my problem as I considered my experience was not acceptable at all. Within 24 hours I received a phone call from the Executive Office and was able to discuss fully the entirety of the problem. Within 48 hours everything had been dealt with and the matter was resolved and closed.

The moral of the story is that if you do have a genuine complaint things can be rectified but always record as much detail as possible and copy emails and communications where possible to support your case. If you feel you are unable to deal with the matter yourself due to the stress of it all ask a friend for support and do not feel embarrassed to ask. That's what real friends are for.
--------
Print Refills will NOT give you a full refund at all as the items have to be returned at the purchaser's expense £6-10. The seller advised me that he will ALSO deduct costs, undetermined restocking and postage costs, which in the end the purchaser has lost possibly £20.00 or more.

The seller would therefore have the goods back to pull the same scam again on another unsuspecting customer. If they were only to purchase one item then they would not consider it worthwhile to complain, too much trouble and I would not blame them at all.

If you have a problem with this company do record any phone conversations as you may be accused of attacking their staff verbally as I was. The recorded conversation proved otherwise and in fact they stated it was an eBay order which it was not, communication with them is seemingly a very bad point and is one way. You will suggest something which they will ignore and then expect you to listen to them.

Perhaps the poor customer would have a better experience contacting Trading Standards or RIP OFF BRITAIN on the BBC, a video on YOU TUBE etc. I may even do a Video Review just to show how genuine this complaint is along with the telephone conversation with their staff who stated it was an eBay order!!!

From Norman, their Manager, please do not take this too personally. All further emails will be ignored. Please also do not buy from us again anywhere the experience is exhausting. He is also VERY personal as after being told of my problem he then is extremely rude in relation to it. Gemma another member of staff writes :- You seem a very angry man. Life is not easy. I understand you just cannot take out your disappointment on everyone else. From the Customer:- All I required was an old fashioned bit of honesty, politeness and courtesy instead of being deceived with product that could damage my printer as I had no alternative but to use it as being immobile I could not get alternative replacements. Neither can I get out to return it at further loss to myself which I do not accept. I mentioned Trading Standards and instead the company is ignoring emails.

I have attached other comments from customers, whilst I did read some prior to purchase I presumed it might be one of those things. IT IS AND WAS NOT. BE WARNED IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY THIS COMPANY WILL MAKE NO ATTEMPT TO RESOLVE AND LIKE OTHER CUSTOMERS THE DOOR WILL BE SLAMMED IN YOUR FACE. WHAT DOES THAT SAY. I TRANSLATE IT AS HARD LUCK WE HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY, YOU WONT GET IT BACK AND IF YOU DO RETURN ANY GOODS IT WILL BE AT YOUR LOSS...

2/5: "Delivery quick but cartridges VERY old -2009 and 2008. Described as 'new'!! I need them now and they work but for how long I wonder? I will not be ordering from this company again."
patriciajane, 6 June 2013
-----------
2/5: "The original box packaging that was shown on amazon is missing. Only the cartridges and the inner wrappings were provided." Mah, 6 June 2013
-----------
2/5: "The product was not as described/illustrated. Instead it appeared to be a much older version. However, delivery was prompt and no problem experienced in returning for a full refund."
Vespa, 29 May 2013
------------
1/5: "The ink only can print blue and yellow. The red already got mixed with something I dont know. it is coming out black not red.. But I can not exchange. It's unfear."
Hongqiang Y., 16 May 2013
------------------
1/5: "Simply cancelled the order with no proper explanation."
Mrs R., 15 May 2013
---------------
4/5: "Good seller but should have explained how the cartridges would be delivered. The cartridges were individually wrapped delivered in a bubble wrapped envelope. This is a minor complaint so that is why a rating of four stars has been given." Nigel R., 11 May 2013
-------------
2/5: "The product arrived not as described "original and new". The package is very basic and printout start fading after 50 pages. Not happy about the product. " yy, 10 May 2013
------------
1/5: "they cancelled my order then put the same item back up for sale £40 dearer. would never buy from these again"
disgruintled customer, 10 May 2013
----------
2/5: "This firm is a fine example of poor communication and misleading advertising. When requested for the BC02 cartridge that was advertised, they claim that cartridge 'Is not sent at that price'. I have the e-mail communication to prove it. The delivery was prompt with a reckless attitude to product ordered.Customer service here, does not listen, it 'preaches' to the customer. Buy elsewhere! "
Sanjay Wijesinghe, 9 May 2013
------------------------
1/5: "The box was completely crushed on arrival. When I opened the parcel I found that the seller had opened the HP box and had removed some printing papers (150 sheets) from this HP promotional package. On further examination I found that the cartridges were labelled as product of Ireland, while the box was saying product of Netherlands. I feel totally disgusted by this treatment."
Mr. M., 22 April 2013
----------------
2/5: "This ink cartridge was faulty on arrival. This seller did not arrange a credit or return and only replied to my e-mail to request further details. The refund was arranged by Amazon not the seller."
ken g., 21 April 2013
-----------------
2/5: "These printer cartridges were old and dried out one of them had the protective shield and wrapping missing a waste of money and unable to contact to rectify and ex plain the situation received a £10 refund in the end on a order that cost £60 first and last time I will use this supplier "
Mrs J., 13 April 2013. Customer refunded for only ONE cartridge.
---------
2/5: "I had to use this anyway, but an Epson cartidge in box is illustrated and an unpackaged cartidge arrived. Sealed, yes, but not sealed in original Epson packaging. Returning was not an option because I needed a cartidge urgently, but I feel the description was misleading." A J., 11 April 2013
----------
1/5: "Still waiting for a refund. This was not brand new. It was a refill. Did not come in orignal box as advertised. Just buy the cartridge from your usual supplier." mickeymouse, 6 April 2013
2/5: "no" Ghulam A., 5 April 2013
---------
4.0 out of 5 stars Not in Frog packaging as shown in picture, 27 Nov 2012

Not in Frog packaging as shown in picture, 27 Nov 2012
By Gadget man (UK) - See all my reviews

This review is from: *Multi Pack* Originals ** Epson Stylus Photo & Pro Ink Cartridges For R800/R1800/4000/9600 T0540/T0541/T0542/T0543/T0544/T0547/T0548/To549 (Office Product)
Arrived promptly.
Not in Frog packaging as shown in picture. Arrived in Epson labelled shrink wrap.
They seem to be original virgin cartridges, but I can't really tell. Loaded ok.
Worry- Is this Ink Cartridge Genuine?, 18 Feb 2012
By J. Wells "JAKI" (Ipswich, England) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Epson Original Ink Cartridge T0544 Yellow (Office Product)

No way. The printer has stopped and won't print at all no matter what I do.
It is Sunday and I can't find a shop open.
--------------
Nearly out of date ink, 31 May 2010
By A. B. Mcpherson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson Original Ink Cartridge T0542 Cyan (Office Product)
This ink cartridge was made in >> October 2001 << and is therefore nearly 9 years old, so it should have been even cheaper.
on 26 October 2005
We bought the Epson R800 because we were printing out photos mainly and we required the best quality available. The Epson R800 gives you exactly that. Yes the ink cartridges are slightly expensive but then that is the nature of ink cartridges these days. We have found that we do not need to replace all eight ink cartridges at once, rather the cyan and magenta will be replaced one month, and the black the next. We are currently printing an album full of large resolution photos for my sister's wedding and have not run out of ink yet! Highly recommended!
on 23 November 2010
as I expect with things from the Amazon website and amazon suppliers .... package arrived on time ... in fact a day early! .. properly packaged and as I ordered. contents in good condition.

proper job!