on 2 September 2017
Not sure how to rate this item - yes it works, the lead is long enough to reach from the power socket to all 4 tyres, but there are some issues. Inflates consistently but always over by 2psi. Using a pen pressure gauge, when set to 32psi the tyres get inflated to 34 psi. My biggest annoyance is that I have to unplug every time 1 tyre is inflated as once it stops it won't then turn on at the next tyre until it is unplugged and plugged back in. So ends up not being that quick. I think if I could find a reliable foot pump I probably wouldn't bother with this, but I was getting fed up with constantly replacing foot pumps every other year.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2017
I regularly need to increase my tyre pressures to accommodate heavier than normal loads. The cost of doing this at my local garage (free not long ago) has rocketed so financially buying this item made sense. It is very simple to operate and the convenience of being able to use it whenever and wherever I am is an additional bonus. As are the lighting options which provide useful safety features in the event of a breakdown.
on 12 February 2016
My old one gave out so I had to invest in a new one. This seemed reasonable priced and had good reviews. It's simple to use, but I recommend reading the instruction first, I of course didn't to start with and I had to have a quick read to use it correctly.
Down side is that I'm unable to get the powe point and its lead back into the storage compartment. I'm not surprised I've never been able to do this with previous air pumps, one day someone will really think about that.
Also not to sure how long the fitting that attaches to the tyre will last, time will tell.
Over-all it seems to be the best of the bunch and the built in torch maybe useful.
on 2 October 2017
II think my unit has a problem in that, intermittently, it does not switch on. That is to say it works perfectly but once disconnected and moved to another tyre there is no guarantee that it will work. In this case I have to unplug from the 12v supply and wait. After some time it seems to work again.

I have found this easy to use with clear display and it has a carry bag which keeps it all nice and tidy in the car and I would recommend it to anyone for routine checking of their car tyres. I have a Freelander and previously had a Discovery and the inflater has worked well with the large tyres (when it decides to work)
on 6 July 2014
I have found this to be a very worthwhile purchase. I have some minor rim-leak on my car's front tyres, which causes them to deflate over time (a few PSI over the course of a month), and this has saved me a lot of time having to manually pump them up, or going to the petrol station to use their compressor. The compressor allows you define an ideal tyre pressure, and once you have done that you can then simply let the compressor go until it stops.

My only minor complaint is that the power lead that runs from the compressor into the car's cigarette lighter can be a hassle to put away after use, but that's hardly a major problem.

I keep this compressor in the boot of my car now as part of my emergency kit.
on 4 October 2016
I bought this for my old car that had two badly bent wheels, due to pot holes, that caused a slow puncture - got fed up paying to get it "fixed" and bought this - great little piece of kit. It's not the quietest, but it is a pump after all. The little compartment to fit the cable back in to, can be a pain in the ass, if you're not prepared to take your time carefully folding it up. The case is good though - handy.
on 3 November 2016
Very good overall. Inflates tyre quicker than my previous pump. Digital gauge very inaccurate. I have to set at 40psi to obtain 30psi. No problem as long as you check with an accurate gauge and don't accept what the tyre inflator is indicating.

Useful that it comes with a bag for storage. Getting leads etc., back in unit and pain when you pack it away. Compartments are too small.
on 1 September 2014
Works really well, has been doing a great job for a few months now. I would have given 5 stars if it was a little easier to use. The instructions and method of setting different pressures could be considered a little confusing. However leaving it on one setting and just turning it on and off for automatic pressure checking and top-up is straight forward. Luckily the instructions sit nicely in the lid of the case for reference when needed. The space for tidying the hose and wire away is also a little fiddly, but it is probably the price you pay for a compact compressor. Once the wire and hose are away it sits nicely in the supplied case.
A nice unit, neat case, and good price.
on 5 February 2016
Top quality all round - digital preset works great and it is easy to select between the 3 difference tyre pressure units. The best feature is the screw on attachment as its quick and doesn't let much air out when you detach the pump - unlike those horrible grip-on attachments i've wrestler with on other air-compressors!!
2nd best feature is the torch, followed by the long lead. Perfect in my opinion as its helped me manage my slow puncture easily over the past few weeks until i got it sorted.
on 15 June 2015
I brought the RAC600 in the hope that it would last longer than five minutes, as the cheaper ones tend to do. This has excelled my expectations in every way. It has a very powerful pump which inflates the tyres on my 4x4 very quickly. It is also programmable which means that I can connect, switch on and leave it running whilst I do other things, knowing that it will turn itself off when the correct pressure is reached. The built in gauge is fairly accurate and it has two built in lights, one white and one red emergency S.O.S light. Complete with adapters for inflating other items and comes in a nice carrying case. Excellent value for money and I highly recommend this product.