2,413

on 29 November 2008
Bought this as I needed one capable of inflating my spare tyre (61psi), this has been brilliant. Easy to use and very quick, checking the tyres is now a five minute job.
0Comment| 222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a very easy to use product complete with a built in light and decent length of cable to plug into your cars 12V socket.. You simply set the required pressure and it whirrs away and cuts off automatically when the right pressure (in PSI or Bars) is reached. The only downside is all these types of products are quite noisy and aren't exactly pocket sized but I've owned a few and think this is a best of breed.
0Comment| 341 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2009
Before purchasing I read a review on Amazon from a customer who said that they could only pump their tyre to one level of PSI and that the product was stuck at that preset. First of all I would like to clarify that this must have been a fault with that particular unit as I have had no such problem. I have found it very easy and straight forward to use. The instructions don't give unnecessary information so i was able to just skim through it quickly before attempting. The amount of time taken to pump each tyre is fairly quick so not much waiting around is required. Also, it packs away neatly into a carry case which easily fits into glove compartments (provided theres not much else in there). On the down side however, it is quite noisy and the vibrations caused by pumping the tyre make it necessary to hold the unit rather than sitting it on the road next to the wheel unless you want added noise. Also, the hole on the back of the unit which is for feeding the cable back inside after using can seem a bit small at times and fiddly if you're in a rush. Impatient stuffing will cause some stress and you may have to pull the cable back out and start again.

Overall a good purchase and at a very reasonable price for a product i can see being useful indefinitely.
0Comment| 230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2010
Bought this a little while ago now and use it regularly as I caravan a lot and have to adjust the tyre pressures of both car and caravan. Caravan is 60psi and the compressor copes well with this pressure. Easy to use and accurate as checked against professional tyre pressure gauge. I can recommend this product very highly.
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 June 2009
I tow a fairly large caravan all over Britain and Europe and its becoming very difficult to find garages, supermarkets or motorway services that have air compressors which are accurate, convenient and actually not broken down.

I read a few reviews of tyre inflators and the general consensus was that the Ring model was the one to buy.

After its delivery I can now say that I'm really delighted by it's quality and performance. Car tyres (37 psi) and caravan tyres (54 psi) are now a inflated very simply and from a small convenient unit in a neat carrying case. Its easy to use, its quiet and frankly its the one to buy! Great product
0Comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 September 2009
I am a mobile caravan service engineer and wanted a reliable tyre inflator. I inflate tyres to correct pressures every time I service a caravan. I had tried a few cheaper ones which didn't last very long.
This inflator seems to be well built, strurdy and easy to use. One advantage that became apparent when I first used it was that you can set the pressure and leave it running whilst you go and do something else nearby and not have to stand watching the gauge to stop the inflator at the correct pressure, as it is automatic and stops itself when the correct pressure is reached.
As someone stated earlier, it is a little tight getting the cable back into its storage hole in the rear of the inflator. I have managed to keep my cool and put it back exerytime so far.
Well worth a try.
on 9 February 2010
I bought one a couple of months ago after reading the positive reviews. My first impression was 'neat machine' well designed.
I'm a careful reader of instructions, so I took my time to make sure that I understood the procedure.
On the manual setting, all was fine, and although it's a noisy little beast, it does a great job of inflating the tyres.
However, when I used the automatic setting, it misbehaved and over-inflated the tyres.
I returned it as faulty (no problem - perfect service) and received the pristine replacement.
I carefully followed the instruction step-by-step. Inflated the front tyres to 32psi on automatic, and everything looked hunky dory.
Popped in to my local friendly tyre fitters as I was passing and asked them just for safety's sake to check the pressure.
Wow - 50 psi!
So, based on my experiences: great tyre inflator, but if you get one from the same manufacturing batch as mine, buy yourself a cheap little manual pressure gauge and use the Ring on the manual setting.
55 comments| 217 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 March 2011
Really disappointed in this device, considering it was a "best buy" award winner. Out of the box, it appears to be well-designed and is easy to set up. However, when attached to a semi-flat tyre (approx 16 psi) and programmed to inflate to 32 psi, the device started inflating, its pressure indicator then fluctuated wildly and the device cut out with the tyre inflated to 23 psi. Two further attempts gave similar outcomes, before the device died completely, leaving the tyre inflated to 25 psi. Can't recommend this device, I'm afraid.
22 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2009
This is an excellent piece of kit, very easy to use, accurate pressure guage and attaches to the tyre valve very securely.

Good value for money.
on 25 May 2009
It's easy to use and appears to be accurate. This was one of the cheapest trye inflators on the market and promises what it delivers. It takes the worry out of driving with incorrectly inflated tyres, and checking and adjusting the tyre pressure takes only a minute or two.It is recommended that the engine is kept running when blowing up the tyres, so as not to run down the battery - though for the odd one or two psi corrections this hardly matters.