on 30 July 2007
If you have children up to 8/9 yrs old and limited garden space, this is absolutely ideal!

Good, sturdy powder coated metal frame which easily folds flat for storage when not in use. Easy to assemble, in fact the only difficult part was unravelling the net when taking it out of the package!

The net is fixed to the frame by attached velcro tabs. Don't know if this is enough so i added a few plastic cable ties and it is now much more secure.

The size is perfect for my 6 yr old in a 30' garden and at £20 (which is what I paid) is unbeatable value for this kind of quality. I have seen similar size goals (that don't even fold) for double and even treble this price! Really can't praise it highly enough!
on 10 August 2017
My son loves this
on 4 September 2017
Good for garden
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 21 February 2016
Size: 6x8|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I received the 8ft (2.4m) wide by 6ft (1.8m) tall goal and this is a really good family football goal which has withstood some pretty awful weather over the last few weeks when it has been left outside by accident. The goal is a really decent size and as it needs to be secured in soft ground and needs a fair bit of room we have left the goal over at Grandad's house for when my children visit there of a weekend. I have attached a few pictures of the goal and the box that it comes inside to show it set up. The frame is painted with a weather resistant paint and the net is attached with little velcro attachments around the frame although I think we will be taking the advice of another reviewer on here and securing the net with some cable ties too. The frame can be folded for storage and easily dismantled if wished to be stored back inside the box in bad weather. A really decent sized family goal that has already given plenty of hours of fun and looks set to give plenty more.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 4 January 2016
Size: 6x8|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you have kids that love football and a garden then this is ideal for you.

If you have a garden which is your pride and joy with flowers just waiting to be snapped in half then this is your worst enemy!

It is brilliant.

We bought one for our soccer mad son years ago and both he and me (his Dad) spent hours in the garden playing football.

This has a few benefits.
1. It gets the kids active.
2. It can get you active.
3. It’s a good socialising game and
4. Allows you to bond with your kids.

This is an above average garden goal and net.
It’s made from metal and coated with a 'rweather proofing coating'.
DO NOT SUPPOSE FOR ONE MINUTE that this means it’s rust proof.
We had one and left it out in the elements and rain as you do and it rusted.
The goal comes in for some hammer and gets scratched, dinked, bent and that thin coating is soon exposed to water and oxygen- result RUST.

Our original goal had a drawback tit was cumbersome, took up a lot of room and was awkward to put away.
(Never for one minute think of dismantling it once you have got it erected it is simply not worth the time and effort)

BUT and this is a big BUT this goal has a neat trick up its sleeve.

The end unlocks and allows you to fold it up making storage a dream compared to the old inflexible ones.

The result is that you can easily store it and have no excuses to leave it out in the rain to rust.

The result is it will last 4 times longer than if you leave it out to the elements and next doors cat.

It stands up to some hammer- not quite if you bend it like Beckham (God Bless him) but should stand up to the kids and grownups with ease.

Recommended. Fabulous for 4 to 8s IMHO.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 13 January 2016
Size: 6x8|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have a similar experience to other reviewers really.

The item is packed well and looks sturdy enough, but the frame doesn't seem to quite fit together as it should. Not normally a problem with some items but when you see the "Unsecured Goal Can Fall Over Causing Serious Injury Or Death" you start to worry a little. Great that they warn you, but not so great when you don't feel that confident about the goal due to the fact the parts don't fit together smoothly. It does seem as if Mitre have cut corners to keep the costs down, which is a shame. I'm sure parents would happily pay a fiver or tenner extra knowing that the product is of a better quality.

On the plus side the net does fold down so won't be open to the winter weather as our previous goal did.

There are some plus points to this Mitre goal, ease of assembly, foldable, etc but also some negative ones, the quality of the fittings doesn't seem great and the goal is wobbly after construction; a real concern considering the almost hysterical "death" notice.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 6 January 2016
Size: 6x8|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Arrived quickly in a plain box.

I've had a number of goals of varies sizes, Mitre has to the best quality I’ve had.

My little lad of 12, football mad, he will play football all day (when I can drag him off his PS4), the goal is an ideal height for him and his friends, just big enough, any bigger and it gets to easy to score.

The frame is a sturdy metal construction that is not heavy so easy to move, I took it down on the beach for him and his mates, great fun.

It is hinged so that it packs away easy, great for storage and also great if you want to take it anywhere.

Very pleased with our goal, I've spent more time in goal than I would like but that's only because my lad is enjoying uses it, and scores a lot of goals passed his old man.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 January 2016
Size: 6x8|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My 3 grandsons and their granddad play hours in the garden with this easy fold goal post. We didn't have no trouble fixing it together it was really easy as each part is numbered and the diagram shows you where what goes where.

I like that you can fold it and put it in the shed to store out of bad weather. I liked the velcro tabs to hold the nest in place but my husband would have preferred hooks to hook into the frame itself.

Ours didn't have a wobble and the parts all fitted neat and nice. It is 8 ft wide by 6ft high. We have noticed a few rust spots around some of the holes where the pop in/out catches go, we did leave it out for a few days in the bad weather, I am hoping they wont get worse and weaken the whole frame, I think water got inside so might have to take it apart to drain the poles. This is the only fault I found that it isnt rust proof.

Easy to put and easy to fold and store out of bad weather.
VINE VOICEon 2 January 2016
Size: 6x8|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I expect a Mitre product to be of quality. It is a name i have known and used for years. So, I was surprised by this goal.

It is easy to assembly, and soon goes up, but you then realise it is not a top quality product. It is rickety and wobbly. The net itself is OK, and we never had an issue with the ball going through the net like over reviewers. However, it just feels- budget. I know this is not a lot of money to pay for something like this, but it just feels cheap in use.

The size- well, it is what it is. It is not a full size match goal; it is however perfect for a kick about in the garden. Yes, fully grown adults will find it more restrictive, but come on- it is not pretending to be a full size goal.

So overal, it works adequately, but nothing more. I would suggest shopping around for something more sturdy than this though.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 4 January 2016
With four grandsons keen on football and a bit of land to play around on, this was a great choice. The 8' x 6' model is really heavy and strong, the weighty white tubular, apparently stove enameled frame is fine to leave outdoors. The net may need some extra reinforcement threading around the poles to keep it in place, lacing it on with more white string ourselves on top of of the offered velcro tie set up, which doesn't seem good enough for a whack at the back of the goal. I just didn't trust the velcro strips to last, but they are good for getting the net into position.

Being able to fold it back flat against a wall or hedge keeps things tidy and makes more room around the place when it is not in use.

Mitre is a name we have come to trust for all football and other sport items, over many years.