Size: 1.0l|Change

A really good 1L thermos flask - ideal for family day trips and drinks with lunch

I bought the 0.5L version of this thermos flask a few months ago and we have been very pleased with it. So, when we thought a bigger flask would be a good addition for our family picnics, I naturally chose this one. At less than £10 (with Prime delivery) we thought it good value too. We were not disappointed and are really pleased with this stainless steel thermos flask. As promised, it arrived next day well packaged.

It does seem a tad strange that with current Amazon pricing, the larger 1L flask is cheaper than its 0.5 and 0.35L cousins!

After a good wash I have tested it for leaks (none) and then for heat retention. Having filled it with almost boiling coffee, it was still piping hot 6 hours later. Indeed, even when half of the contents have been consumed, the remaining drink still stays hot for a long time. That meets our needs!

The flask is robust and should take most minor knocks etc. For a 1L flask, it is reasonably narrow. That means it handily fits into the side pocket of my large (50L) rucksack. Most 1L flasks would not fit which becomes a bit of a chore. The clever screw stopper means that it’s easy to pour your drinks without spillage (or the nasty subsequent 'drips' you often get with those tops with a 'pull out' plastic spout). Cleaning of all the parts is also very easy - particularly the 'cup' and the screw stopper with no hidden internal crevices etc.

So - we are very pleased with our purchase and very happy to fully recommend this flask. It's a real "Thermos" and it shows!
review image review image review image review image
on 8 May 2017
Best flask I've ever owned, I use this daily for work, I always pre-heat it and by doing so my coffee is still hot at 3pm some 8 hours after it was made, it's not the cheapest flask on Amazon but I'd wager, from a performance point of view, it's certainly one of the best. Look no further - you've found a decent flask!
on 13 April 2017
Really good buy; so far only used for cold drinks and the neck of the flask is ample for putting in ice cubes. The pouring facility (without taking off the stopper entirely) is really handy too. Keeps water icy cold for over 24 hours
on 11 April 2017
Please see my review of the 1.7lt version of this flask. This is the same Thermos quality about it, just smaller. But suggestions still apply to this little devil.
on 4 March 2017
I heat it up with just boiling water for 15 mins before putting my coffee in. It still tastes nice and hot 7 hours later! Brilliant flask
on 23 March 2017
A functional and useful thermos. No complaints.
on 24 March 2017
It's brilliant - perfect compromise for taking to work (size vs weight vs retention of heat). I went through a lot of drek before I settled on this, and wish I'd simply gone for this right from the start.
on 20 June 2014
This flask is, by far, the best I have used. It keeps things hot for a very long time, and it does not break easily (I have dropped it from waist height onto various surfaces to no effect other than a curse word!) due to how there is not a layer of glass used for insulation. The flask is vacuum insulated, and so there is not going to be very much heat loss, other than from the top of the flask where the stopper is plastic and rubber.

I have made a flask of tea and left it overnight to test how well this works, and there was no noticeable difference in heat from when I made the tea and when I checked it. I have left a full flask of tea for even longer before, and it has not really got that much cooler than when it was made. With other flasks, I would not expect them to keep something hot for onwards of a few hours, and none of the glass insulated ones seem to. The glass insulated flasks are also very easy to break, making this even more practical.

Due to this durability, it is possible to use this flask (or it's 1/2L sibling if you need a smaller flask for convenience) for many different trips, even where it is likely to get dropped or knocked around. A good example of where this flask would really shine is in using it to go camping. That way, you can safely pack it with all of the other supplies that are likely to get knocked around, and you can make a drink or some soup that will stay warm all day and all night, and then probably all day again. Overall, a heavily recommended buy!
on 6 May 2017
This thing it BRILLIANT. It holds so much and doesn't leak. I made coffee, which I have quite milky too, at 11am. I poured it several times so it was opened and closed frequently. I had the last bit at 6pm and BURNT MY TONGUE. I couldn't believe it was still so hot after all that time. This product is awesome.
on 9 August 2014
Ensure the stopper is done up properly, there are grooves in the thread which allow the liquid to be poured out by undoing it a bit.

Inside the flask was a tiny little folded card, for the benefit of those reading this review, it says:

CARE AND USE

Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and allow time to dry.

The container should be periodically cleaned. The best results are obtained using a mixture of water and bicarbonate of soda or washing up liquid. Rinse thoroughly afterwards. DO NOT put the stopper/lid on whilst using this cleaning method. Soaking overnight produces excellent results. Always rinse before re-use.

Never use in a dishwasher to clean. Hand washing is recommended for best results.

DO NOT immerse in water

DO NOT use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.

DO NOT use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any part of the product.

Pre-heat or pre-cool the container with water to ensure efficient use and reduce the risk of breakage of the glass filler. Attach lid, stand 5 to 10 minutes, and empty. Never use microwave or conventional oven for this purpose.

DO NOT use on the stove top

CAUTION

Use only with adult supervision when product contains hot liquids or hot foods - hot liquids or hot foods can scald user.

Never leave child unattended while using this product.

To avoid possible injury, do not let child walk or run with product.

Always test temperature of food or liquid before feeding your child.

DO NOT overfill product. Hot liquids or foods can scald user.

DO NOT drink directly from the product or from the stopper.

Check the stopper periodically. A worn stopper may cause the product to leak.

In order to minimise bacteria growth, do not use to keep warm milk products or baby food. Contents that spoil easy should not be kept in the product for prolonged periods.

DO NOT use to store or carry carbonated drinks or dry ice. May cause stopper and contents to eject forcefully or leak.