Customer reviews

Size: Pack of 1|Change

This toy has been a success with both of my children.

The toy encourages not only motor skills, but also speech and colour recognition.

In use, the buttons / switches are a little stiff and difficult to use. Certainly, neither of my children could successfully play with the toy unaided at eighteen months. What they did do at this age was push the lids with the animals back down when they were opened by an adult. They thought it was hilarious and were very quickly picking up animal names and noises.

As they became a bit older they have been able to operate it themselves. My two year old quite happily will spend ten minutes or so playing with this on her own now. It has been good for manual dexterity, and she is also shouting out the names of colours etc now as well.

The only slight point I would make is that some of the animals look mighty odd!! How many sheep have green faces?! Certainly not the ones where we live....

Overall it's a good toy which won't take up concentration and imagination for hours at a time but is fun for short bursts.

Recommended.
on 4 June 2017
It's for my grandson, aged just one year old so he can't wry, plus he lives up in Perthshore with his mummy and daddy which is a good distance from Manchester so he couldn't make it down on his push along toys either but it is his mummy and daddy tell me me that he absolutely loves everything I sent him, so everyone at Amazon can be well pleased. I'm very happy to shop with you again if you don't ask me to review all four toys. Thank you
on 26 December 2011
This is one of those simple classic toys that young children love. The chunky plastic frame has four different types of button you use to make the farm animals - a hen, a sheep, a horse and a cow, pop up. Some of the buttons are more tricky to activate than others as one is a simple push button, others must be slid or rotated to work.

The principle is very basic and can appear to be lacking in entertainment value to the untrained (adult) eye, but I have witnessed 2-3 year olds squabbling over this toy meant for much younger children.

This toy appears to have been recreated several times as there are lots of versions out there Early Learning Centre - Pop Up Jungle Animals,Playskool Busy Poppin' Pals (Colors May Vary). The (older?) one we were familiar with from our toddler group was better made, as this one seems clunky in comparison. The buttons are more difficult to activate and the pop up flaps are not as nicely formed. The noise made when the flaps pop open is also a little too loud . However it is fairly good value as it seems very robust, and apart from honing button manipulation skills, animals to name, there are numbers 1-4 on the top of the flaps and colours to learn.
on 23 July 2015
Nice sturdy little toy, 4 jack in the boxes for the price of one! My 9 month grandson is very interested in this but cannot yet figure out how to open all of the boxes himself. He finds it sufficiently rewarding and interesting to persevere though. My adult children are drawn to this toy, they had it too. Little children do better with a single interactive task rather than the jangling light flashing music playing "don't bother me" elaborate monstrosities on sale these days. In this humble granny's opinion.
on 8 March 2017
Granddaughter of 15 months finds this very interesting. It will take her a while to learn all the different methods of opening the pop ups. In the meantime she enjoys pushing the flaps down while I keep popping them up. Something for us to play together while she grows into it.
on 16 April 2017
good product. we found that one of the buttons is quite tricky to manipulate to get the animal out (the twisty one) but on the whole and for the price, its a decent, substantial item and my 17 month old adores it - actually, so does my 3.5 year old!! reccomended
on 21 May 2015
It's lovely but the buttons are all quite difficult to operate by which I mean stiff or hard to do. Baby loved these at play school so I bought her one but it was several months until she could do this one. She could close them from 6 months. Infact she found it frustrating until about 13 months as she was doing the right thing like pressing or turning but couldn't do it hard enough to pop up the animal.
on 15 June 2015
Bought for my grand daughter to entertain her as she soon tires of using the same toys. She is 13 months and very bright so needs something with interaction. The item is alright but I wouldn't give it 5 stars as I personally found one of the pop ups to be a little bit stiff and I thought the plastic looked a little cheap when compared to main brand leaders.
on 23 February 2016
One of the classic toys for previous generations, my little one loves this but the only thing I found is that one of the pop ups is a bit stick and often doesn't like to pop up however my toddler really enjoys it and it's great value for money, highly recommended.
on 20 September 2016
This is quite good - I have bought several toys from Amazon and not been that happy with them but this bucks the trend. I would buy it again, not been able to say that about any other purchase.