on 19 January 2015
Bought for my twins as a Christmas present, and we love how easy it is to play with and tidy away. The main challenge is letting the bits dry properly before storing them, to void mould growing on them. The stamps actually work by putting them onto the end of the pen, which I didn't realise, but they also work well if you put a wet teatowel into a baking tray and use that like an "ink pad". Saves having a tray of water! Also allows more children to play at once - I got this tip when we went to a baby group with one of these available to play with.
on 10 January 2015
It's a good product. The colours come out bright and evaporate well in a reasonably warm room after several minutes. Even if it takes a while to evaporate completely you can still draw on top and ignore the fading drawings in the background. It didn't bother me and I enjoyed drawing all over it. I don't think young ones will care much about it evaporating completely before drawing again. Coming to young ones, I bought this for my nephew whose coming to 2 years old. Although it's true that he tended to go to sucking on the pen after drawing for a minute, it's a step by step process. It's important you join in and encourage your child to draw so that their interest gains each time. I focused on numbers and shapes he knew very well. So the product itself is very good and mess free.
on 18 September 2014
I came across this by searching for toy ideas and ordered it for my 17 month year old boy, whom I have tried crayons, pens and pencils to paper but he would rather chew and eat then to attempting to make marks of any sort, but this mat and water pens is an absolute must, no mess, no constant watching out for chewing of paper or equipment, no worry of pen marks on walls or furniture - simply fill the plastic pens with tap water and then draw/scribble/mark away till hearts content on the mat and images appear in multi rainbow colours, once mat has dried its clear to start drawing over again. My boy does suck the water through the sponge nibs but its fine, its harmless, I think this toy is brilliant and would recommend it to anyone.
3 people found this helpful
on 29 January 2014
In the discription there is one pen but in the pack should be 2 pens. I am glad I choose this product but wanted to buy another one because there were 2 pens with a mat. Delivery and shipping took 3 days. But who is responsible if somebody took my parcel? The delivery knocked once not loud I checked but nobody was there. Only later I found out there is the parcel outside.
Thank you very much that you delivered before my son birthday and for 2 pens. Good product. I like it. So I hope my son will enjoy using it.
on 23 April 2012
Our son (aged 18 months) has enjoyed his Aquadoodle regularly. It is a great way to get them drawing with no mess!! Product is well made, safe, and while it will never turn them into an artist, it will definitely take up 20 mins of play time.

You just need to roll the mat out, put some water into the pen and let them scribble on it. The mat drys out quickly and can be used again.

If you want a drawing kit that teaches more about art, then stick to pens and paper, but if you are looking for a fun toy that little ones can happily play about on, without paint everywhere, then this is for you.
on 29 August 2014
My little boy loves this, he loves to scribble & it was always a bit of a liability letting him play with crayons as he's only 19 months. This mat saves all the hassle as the crayons are just filled with water so if he ends up scribbling where he shouldn't there's no mess. I only wish the mat was a bit bigger as the space gets filled up pretty quickly. Great product, would definitely recommend.
on 31 March 2017
One of the best little persons toy. Really good fun. Really good for the whole family, children loved it and we actually thought it was rather fab and was very much involved when this came out
on 8 December 2013
Lovely item, makes drawing fun without being messy. Came with 2 pens, a paintbrush and some stamps - the pens probably need replacing now as after a few years they get a bit flayed and dirty looking, but fair enough after the amount of time and use. Dries quickly, so if you have used the whole surface, it only takes 10 mins or so to be ready again. Big enough drawing area for some fun, without taking up too much floor space. A good investment.
on 29 November 2014
Bought these for my 2 year old niece who loves them and can spend ages doodling and drawing away. Love that they make no mess at all and can be reused which is fab for a toddler as they're not always the most careful with dropping pens etc. She gets so excited with it as she's starting to doodle and draw more. Would highly recommend.

I have bought not just these but also the peppa pig TOMY version.
on 1 March 2013
My 1 and half year old daughter loves this it is her new favourite toy. Its great because we don’t feel she is ready for even washable felt pens just yet. Particularly as the very first thing she does with the pen that came with this is try and draw on the sofa, wall, carpet, door and even my head! She's such a comedian! But guess what there’s just water in the pen so all her attempts at vandalism have come to naught! :)