on 11 October 2017
Bought this from Amazon seller after reading up on them. I wanted a small light amp to use without carting the main heavy amp around. Being battery as well as mains with an adapter would be a bonus. This was a decent price at £21 delivered and user ratings were pretty mixed but I saw an advert online showing Keith Richards with one so it can't be that bad, he's got all the funds going to buy anything so it must be decent. That's advertising for you sometimes you fall for the daftest things, I should have known better.
It arrived quickly opened the box and it was in unsealed cellophane bag, don't know if this is the reason for what I found i.e had it been used before I received it?..
Anyway it was certainly small and light. It's supplied with the 9V battery needed which was sealed. I went to turn the various knobs and when I went to turn the on/off/od switch the gold front cover dropped off. What rubbish quality to fall off at first attempt to turn it. I packed it back in the box and returned it to Amazon for a full refund which they did promptly. So at that time I had no idea how it sounded.
If that first attempt is the type of quality sent out then I can't recommend it at all, certainly not built to last.
Since then I tried one in a shop as curious to how it sounded. I found It's OK turned up with overdrive engaged but pretty tinny without it. It makes a sound but not very high quality. I expected better from a name like Marshall but shouldn't be that surprised by the weak sound from such a small box. What do you expect I suppose.
So if you just want any sound and something very small, light and portable it may suit you. If you want a good sound and well made I would stay clear and spend a little more like the Blackstar or if you can afford it the Roland. They were head and shoulders above the Marshall but of course a lot more expensive unless you can find a used one somewhere.
I thought small and cheap would have done the job but you do really get what you pay for sometimes I couldn't have put up with the poor sound for long with the Marshall and doubt it would have lasted anyway.
I've decided to look for a used Roland or Blackstar which I would hope to get for little more than the Marshall new price.
I can't compromise on the sound and quality that much to recommend the Marshall..
on 29 September 2017
About what you would expect from something of this price and size. Seems a bit cheaply made but it serves its purpose, handy as a little back up amp to take with you if you want to fiddle on your electric with a simple amplified sound. The gold coloured dial cover came off on my volume dial but it was easily attached with a bit of glue. The basic channel seemed lacking so I mostly used it on overdrive.

All in all a good little machine, a good size and it does its job.
on 15 March 2017
Great little amp with authentic sound. I was sceptical but it's a revelation! Now I can practice without disturbing the neighbours or having to use headphones
on 10 September 2017
I really love this little thing. Yes, the sound quality isn't that great. Yes, they're very cheaply made. But at just over £20 each, I don't get the negative reviews. What do people expect? These are louder than you might think too. I went into this just wanting something to test guitars with and make a basic amplified tone when I want to practice quietly at night. It does all this perfectly. If you put a pedal or two in front of it you can get some very useable sounds! Mine sounds fine with an OD pedal in front or a reverb and delay. For £20 I wouldn't hesitate to get another. Will it replace your Boogie or Bogner? No. But then that's not what it's meant to do.
When I plugged my ukulele into this, I had to cover my ears. I had turned it all the way up as I hadn't expected it to be so powerful! It has great sound quality and seems to be pretty durable. Incredibly happy with the product
on 27 May 2017
Don't expect the best quality sound here, but at the price and how I use it, I am impressed. I use it for practice and can use headphones. It looks great too!
on 5 August 2017
It is O.K.Limit your expectations as it is not a sound system.For high frequency and treble sound it is just right.Bottom end (Bass),forget it.
on 7 August 2017
Excellent purchase does what it says,great sound easy to carry about,grandson loves it,thank you
on 26 January 2016
Does exactly what it says on the tin. Light and portable, good sound, reasonably priced.
on 9 June 2017
Amazing
Great sound, very light and easy to use!!