Customer reviews

Yamaha YRS302BIII Soprano Recorder

on 10 August 2017
Bought as a present. Very impressed with the quality, highly recommended.
on 17 July 2017
Excellent, with prompt delivery.
on 27 April 2017
great
on 14 July 2017
excellent as advertised
on 16 February 2014
I bought this for my 7 year old who is learning to play in the school recorder club. I remember playing (many) decades ago when I had a wooden recorder, but this has a much nicer, more mellow sound - now that she has mastered blowing it gently! The notes are easy for her small hands to reach.

It was delivered very promptly and arrived very well packaged.

She is so pleased with it she practises all the time......hmmmm........thanks.........!!
on 29 April 2017
This is a nice sounding recorder. It is easy to overblow so you have to be careful about that. Like any recorder it sounds better in a warm room and cloggs after about 10 to 15 minutes (the same as my resin Aulos) in a cooler room. I alternated playing it with my Aulos and my wooden Mollenhauer to compare. I was surprised that I still liked the sound when playing my medieval pieces. I bought it as I like to play for a long time in one session so needed another descant to swap when my wooden Mollenhauer has had enough or my Aulos is getting clogged.
on 28 October 2010
I bought a YRS-302B as a step up from my beginners Yamaha 24B and I am amazed at the quality and the sound of the 302B. I love playing it and the quality and feel is outstanding for a resin recorder. I know people rave over wooden recorders but I prefer to play the 302B over my Moeck wooden recorder which was over £100. Along with the recorder you get a full length case so you can leave the recorder assembled, some recorder cream, cleaning rod and leaflet. I find the recorder cream really helps with the sound as you obviously get a good join on each section. Anyone moving on from a beginner should get one of these.
on 31 October 2017
This is a good recorder, and was easy to get a note out of. It plays well in the hands of someone who can play. Ultimately nothing makes a four year old learning to play one sound anything other than awful, though!
on 20 September 2013
Beware! If you searched for "sopranino recorder" and were presented with this along with other genuine sopranino recorders, this is NOT a sopranino recorder but what, in England, is called a descant recorder.
on 28 July 2014
Excellent baroque recorder. Very focused tone good for baroque etc but not so good for folk music. Buy the cheap yamaha for folk they are perfect for that and for students.