Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 31 March 2010
This base makes it quick and easy to secure your baby in the car seat into your car. This is not an essential piece of baby kit as you can secure the car seat with seatbelts but this takes time and can be fiddly especially when some seatbelts seem too short to reach around the car seat easily. This product takes all the stress out of transferring your baby in and out the car and also means you can attach and detach your baby more smoothly without waking them if asleep. The car seat slots into the base easily and a coloured indicator turns from red to green when the car seat is fixed securely (on some occasions when the indicator is green a little bit of red is still visible but still means the car seat is secured). You pull a grey area outwards away from the seat back to release the car seat. It is not difficult to attach the base to your car's isofix points. Expensive but well worth the money as will be used often, saves you time and hassle and gives you peace of mind.
on 22 January 2011
Description for product says that this is for use with Pebble and Cabriofix Maxi-cosi seat. Maxi-cosi website and literature says that this is only for Cabriofix seats.

The Easyfix does not form a safe connection with the Pebble car seat and it should not be recommended as producing excellent results with it on Amazon's website.
on 19 February 2016
Love this item! Iv never used ISOFix before I didn't really understand how it worked, but having my second baby I decided to look into it to see if it would be any good, I'm so glad I did! This product is so easy to install and is done in about a minute then you just clip the car seat on and your away, brilliant! I use this with the maxi-cosi cabriofix car seat, they work really well together, deffinatly worth buying, saves so much time getting little ones in and out of the car. You can even use this product if your car doesn't have ISOFix as you can install it using your cars seatbelt as well.
on 19 February 2014
Any parent who's had to wrestle with the seatbelts in the morning with a newborn wailing into their ear, and a toddler complaining about the noise in the other, will find this thing a life saver, OK, that's hyperbole, but a sanity saver certainly. It's easy to install because of the yellow plastic guides that allow the clamps to find the isofix points, and after that putting the baby seat in is a cinch. You also learn pretty quick that a twist to the seat after you have pulled the grey release handle out makes it very easy to take out. I've even managed it with one hand a couple of times but then I am 'all man'.

After buying this you will not understand why you did not buy one straight away (I couldn't with our first born as our old car didn't have isofix), for an extra £60 after the limitless expense of a new baby, it's a 'no-brainer'. You have now bought yourself time to stick a piece of toast in your gob on the way out the door and satisfy yourself that you have had a good breakfast.
on 5 September 2016
My seat keeps getting stuck on here - I feel it's cheap plastic for the high price paid there's no reason for a new seat & a new base to keep sticking bought it as had same one before & thought it would be easy to get in & out of car instead heavy & temperamental
on 1 January 2016
The first one we bought developed a fault and the holding pin-bolt fell out of place, meaning the sliding arm would not lock into place. Contacted Amazon (even after 6 months of ownership) and they sent out a free replacement and arranged collection of the faulty one at no extra cost. Excellent service from Amazon - cannot be faulted. The new ISO fix base now has a locking screw instead of pin bolt, so it should not fall out from vibrations caused by driving. However I have noticed that the base seems to rattle when no seat is fixed onto it, which can be a little annoying sometimes, but its still well worth having, especially in the rain or windy/cold weather. Its a lot more convenient to clip in your child seat and shut the door quickly, rather than standing there crouching over the seat with a screaming baby, having to wire and position the seat belt around the car seat and then trying to lock it into place with the seat belt fastener.
on 25 April 2014
After battling with the seatbelt for a month, we bought this. Easy to fit and super solid and secure. Seats clicks in with ease and a green 'light' comes on to show the seat is fitted correctly. Releases with the pull of a lever, and the seat lifts out with minimal effort.
VINE VOICEon 3 September 2008
The isofix base is easy to fit, both in cars with isofix points, and those without. The seat clicks in very cleanly and simply, and is easy to disengage as well. The instructions are clear and concise - and written on the base as well to guide you through as you fit it. The baby seat feels very secure once fitted. Very happy with it!
on 11 July 2013
I cannot really fault the product itself but I got caught out by the Maxi Cosi website and their compatibility tool. I checked if my Ford Focus 56reg was equipped with IsoFix using their online tool and the result came back as IsoFix and Seatbelt possible. Great, so I bought this EasyFix. When I came to install it I quickly discovered that there are no IsoFix points in my car. In fact you need to request this option when you purchase a new model and it will be installed for free, apparently. After reading other peoples experiences I have heard that it could cost you up to £100 to install the IsoFix points in a car as an after sales purchase. I bought the bracket from Ford Online parts and installed it myself using a YouTube vid for guidance, not difficult but you will need a TX50 Star Bit for the bolts. Links to both are below.

I recommend that if you intend on buying an IsoFix base get in your car and make sure the points are there and do not rely on the Maxi Cosi website which is woefully void of any useful information.

IsoFix bracket installation

TX50 Star bit
Draper 55664 2 Inch Tx Star Socket
on 15 July 2016
Avoid this product. It is not safe. Even though indicators show green when I attach the car seat to the base it is still vobly and does not seem to fit properly. I bought it 2 months before my son was born and now I cannot even return it.