Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

I started strength training recently for the first time and discovered I just wasn't getting enough protein from my diet. I decided to give my protein intake a boost and bought this simply because Maximuscle had a female-friendly website that gave me lots of info.

One portion of this (one scoop mixed in with 200ml of water) provides 120 calories, 23g of protein, 2g of carbs and 2g of fat. Taste is important for me and the Cookies and Cream flavour I just can't flaw. It's sweet but not sickly, creamy in taste but not heavy and you can add more or less water to vary the strength of the flavour. You can mix with milk but I've not tried it like that as it tastes fine just with water. Apparently you can even mix the powder in with things like yogurt and cereal which I'm going to try aswell.

I started training about 4 months back and although I've been getting stronger, I have been a bit disappointed with the visual results. Having taken the shake for the last two weeks, I have already started seeing some definition and I feel stronger too - it's not that this is some kind of miracle potion but my diet had VERY limited amounts of protein in it before and my muscles just weren't getting the kind of nutrition they needed to recover, especially as I don't like to eat after a workout! I make sure I always have one of these shakes after training so that I can optimize my workout now!

I also highly recommend getting a shaker if you don't already have one - the Maximuscle Shaker 700ml is brilliant, leak-free and makes the whole measuring & mixing thing a whole lot easier.
11 comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 July 2014
Been on this stuff for about a month so far and i've noticed a change in the time it takes me to recover after a workout. i no longer looked half dead and wiped out, cant say i've seen much in the way of defined muscle since i've been on this but its early days yet.

the jar comes with a plastic scoop buried inside which is equal to 1 serving. the instructions are on the jar and easy to follow. my only gripe is that the jar is huge but only half full, i'd much rather have had it arrive in a small jar which is fuller. the taste is something only the user can describe, i like the strawberry but it does leave a funny after taste but i've gotten used to it.

all in all i am happy that this shake is helping me get into shape and i would recommend it to anyone who is getting fit or bodybuilding
on 12 November 2013
Besides the taste being superior to any other protein powder I've tried (cookies and cream is my favorite), the nutrient ratios are also top of the line. Low carbs, low fat, and high in quality protein are three things this tub contains. I'm actually surprised how good it tastes because of the low sugar content, but they make it work. I take this each morning before going to the gym. I personally add 3 grams of citru malate and beta alanine which push my endurance through the roof; Citrulline Malate 200 Grams + FREE Beta Alanine 250 Grams Powder I'll usually do cardio after weights, and I'll usually slack off on cardio because I'm dead tired from my workout. Since I began taking this mix BEFORE my workout, I've been able to complete my cardio without ending it early. I use to workout on an empty stomach.
on 27 September 2013
I was suprised that the tub does not contain a tool to weigh the correct amount of powder you require as stated on the label per serving (30g) which the manufacturer should address really. Tastes nice though will trial product for a month and see if its any good.
on 16 July 2014
This is my favourite shake because I can trick myself into seeing it a treat, it tastes that good.
I feel like when I have a shake after crazy cardio it really stops the after-gym binging I used to do..I think because (like I said before) it tastes good. Normally its more like a "Omg this is so gross, drink faster" situation. I mainly use Gold Standard 100% Whey now but will still replace this when I run out as I do use it quite often.
One thing is, I find this on the harder side to mix, dont get me wrong: there are a lot worse powders out there!
on 9 November 2013
as a skinny guy trying to gain more muscle i chose the cookies and cream, most people are saying you don't get a scoop with it but you do its buried in the middle of it, the protein powder tastes nice with both water and milk but in my opinion tastes better with milk, im already gaining more strength in my arms than i used to have and i really cant fault this protein powder as it does its job i would recommend to any body builder or anybody trying to gain size
on 21 January 2015
Most reviews of protein powders are along the lines of "Tastes <insert preference>". What is glaringly obvious is that no one can say for certain as to whether consumption of what are fairly expensive food supplements do indeed contribute to muscle growth. Or to put it another way, if I stop taking my protein shake, would I see my muscles atrophy? I'm not fully convinced that these shakes are essential if you're eating a well-balanced diet that already contains a decent amount of protein. The drink is fairly palatable although a bit too sweet for my liking. I've since switched to cheaper unflavoured powder which is free from artificial sweeteners and other bulking agents.
on 1 June 2011
Many people who participate in training do not get enough protein in their diet so do not reap the benefits from their training. It is a common myth that Protein supplements are only intended for body builders, however anyone participating in regular training can benefit from Maximuscle Promax.

I would recommend taking one scoop before training and one scoop after training. The powder mixes well with water or milk and the majority of the flavours are very tasty. Having tried all of the flavours, I would recommend Strawberry, Cookies & Cream or Chocolate.

After having taken Promax for approximately 3 months I have noticed an increase in my strength and my physical size after regularly playing rugby and participating in weight training.

However, taking Maximuscle Promax over a prolonged period of time is extremely costly, therefore I have recently switched to MyProtein True Whey which is half the price. Promax is a great supplement, if you can afford the high price tag.
on 25 January 2014
Trying to find protein powder without any artificial sweeteners or flavourings is difficult to say the least. However, this has to be one of the best one's I've tried. Personally, I find the protein powders with these additives in don't agree with me (fatigue, difficultly concentrating, strange cravings are common side effects for me)

I was using reflex's natural whey but found the after taste rather unpleasant, after some time. Maximuscle is a different story. It has a clean creamy texture, mixes fairly well and sort of tastes like vanilla when added to milk. I have no clue what the other reviewer is taking, but to say this stuff tastes awful is completely unfounded. I don't think they've tried 90+ vegan protein powder. Now that's rough!

I think one has to be realistic on their expectations regarding taste. Yes it doesn't taste as good as the powders with artificial sweeteners but that's just the way life is.

Anyway, I couldn't recommended this product anymore.
on 23 July 2014
I'm a consistent user of Promax which is great and have always gone for strawberry as its easier to take than chocolate. Thought i would give this a try thinking the mint would take away some of the chocolateyness . I was wrong! its taste fine for the first sip but i find it hard to make it through a full shake. Will switch back to strawberry as soon as this is done. Cant waste Shake now can you. Still four stars as once you've got over the taste its still the same Promax goodness