Size: 20ml|Change

on 13 April 2012
The definition of 'Essential' is 'Absolutely necessary', 'Extremely important' and this sums up these range of oils from Tisserand. I am assured of no additives from this brand. I add 5 drops of pure oil to 10 mls (2teaspoons) of a blending oil (almond, jojoba) for a lovely massage. I prefer to mix the oils - lavender, rosemary and lemongrass is my favourite at the moment.
2 or 3 drops can be added to a running bath...........a drop of lavender oil in my Vacuum cleaner makes the whole house smell beautiful.
on 11 July 2011
This product is so soothing and sedating. It has become an essential part of my bed-time routine and has helped enormously to relieve (but not completely cure - unfortunately) the chronic insomnia that has plagued me for years. Although I have tried various types of lavender oil in the past they don't seem to have had the desired effect of this one from Tisserand. I took note of a review elsewhere and tried rubbing it on the soles of my feet (sounds bizarre, I know, but don't knock it 'til you've tried it!) as well as mixing with a natural pain relieving gel on sore muscles and joints. This works a treat and I soon notice the difference if I neglect to use it. I have found it beneficial on bruised areas too as it assists rapid healing. The smell alone is soporific and makes it effective in a diffuser or as a massage oil mixed with other (suitably skin-friendly) essential oils. I can see this being a store cupboard staple from now on.
on 22 February 2012
I bought this oil to dilute into water and spray on my hair between washes and on my pillows. It smells wonderful and even holds it's smell when diluted quite dramatically. The smell then lasts unlike some other oils I have bought. Recommended.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 August 2015
Excellent-quality lavender essential oil. This has a true lavender scent and is, as one would expect, extremely concentrated. I've used it in home-made skincare and deodorant; in laundry (in conjunction with soapnuts); mixed with Tisserand's organic tea tree oil and diluted in water as a yoga mat cleaner; and in a diffuser. It has lovely ozone top notes, a strong floral floral core, and resin base notes. Really lovely on its own, and excellent when combined with other essential oils. A favourite of ours is to combine this with cedarwood essential oil in the diffuser.
on 1 September 2011
One of a mix of Tisserand essential oils I use for skin care (facial) leaving skin soft and supple, the oils go such a long way and work out really inexpensive. I just don't use any other beauty products. No need!
on 16 October 2014
I use this product mainly in the washer to give the clothes a bit of a lavender scent, as we don't use skin aggressive fabric softener at home.
When the clothes are wet the smell is quite intense but it fades into a refreshing floral scent.
I would recommend it for not only this purpose but also as a sleeping aid if you put a couple of drops in the bath.
on 9 May 2010
Love to burn lavender oil and I usually burn the expensive ones. This one is excellent quality for the price. Very pleased
on 22 March 2016
Definitively the least preferable lavender essential oil I've had in decades, mainly because it smells weak, watery and doesn't seem to have much potency. So whether you want the scent or the lavender properties (calming etc.), you won't get much out of this.
The 'security' screw-top of the bottle was also rather poor quality and kept getting stuck.
Overall the first, and hopefully last, essential oil I actually chucked in the bin.
on 15 October 2014
We have used Tisserand for a while and is always guaranteed quality compared to many cheaper brands. This is not to say there are cheaper alternatives which are just as good, but through buying trial and error, and often only saving £1 or £2 the gamble is not worth the time or effort - especially if your looking at reviews.
on 7 April 2013
I've only tried one other brand of lavender oil and this smells a lot better, and it also evaporates completely from my diffuser not leaving behind any residual oils (I assume that's a good thing). I also use it in a spray bottle diluted with vodka and water to spray on sheets and the couch.