Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 20 August 2011
After my caesarean, there was no way I would have been able to mess with the seatbelt every time we went out. This base did & still does make life so much easier as the base is secured by the seatbelt once & the car seat then just clicks in & off you go. The stand is adjustable, making the base suitable for most, if not all, cars. To me, it seems my Son is more secure when the base is used as the car seat is not likely to be moved by the seatbelt pulling on it.
on 2 January 2017
We bought this base for the Graco car seat that came with one of their "travel systems" (pushchair/pram plus car seat). We have a Hyundai i20 and the base fit easily in the back seat. With the little instruction booklet, we were able to see how to lower the leg to the floor for stability and then put the seat belt through the back of the base to hold it to the seat. Once this was done we only needed to set the carseat in and it locks into the base. We checked the level (on the side of the car seat) and it was fine. The base is not as secure as the US carseats which have special straps that attach to the car frame; however, for seatbelt attachment, this seemed about as good as it could get.

The baby was at a good angle without the problems mentioned by others about the head flopping forward. I have sat in the backseat next to the baby for the 3 round trip car rides so far with no head flopping. We do have a new born carseat insert from Eddie Bauer (cute white bear, Eddie Bauer® Animal Head Support - Bear) that puts a cushion around the top and sides of the head for support in that direction (very helpful). To release the carseat, one just needs to lift the red release on the back of the car seat. Very easy.

The only issue we have is that we would like to put behind the driver's seat for safety reasons but my husband is tall (185 cm, 6'1'') so he has had to move the seat more upright and forward for the carseat to fit in. This is ok for short rides but we would likely need to move the seat to the passenger side for longer rides.
on 4 February 2017
I was sceptical about buying a base unit thinking a waste of money. However I was really struggling to reach around the Junior seat to safely fit the seat belt. The rrp is £50 so finding a branded boxed version for £10 I decided it was worth the risk.

Boy was I surprised. The base has made life so much easier. I just slot the seat in place and release with the handle. So easy, no stretching and twisting my back and I know that the seat is secure each time. No risk of the belt not being fitted properly.

A brilliant product and price.
on 14 April 2015
Do not buy this terribly designed, unsafe, impractical product! This product is downright dangerous and negligent. 1. There's no chest strap and therefore even a newborn can wiggle his arms outside of a secure position. 2. This product has no ISOFIX secure latches (is this even legal??). 3. Without the base station, this product relies only on back seat safety belts and therefore is not extremely secure so always feels wobbly. 4. Most egregiously, when the base station is installed, the seat sits BOLT UPRIGHT, which is ridiculous for a newborn who does not have neck control. The baby's head becomes dangerously flopped over and there is no way to change the positioning of the car seat. (See photo of my own child.) It's as if this seat was designed without any understanding whatsoever of a baby's development. I will never buy any Graco products as a result of how stupefyingly poor this product is. Avoid it at all costs!!!
review image
on 5 August 2013
After taking my new born daughter home from hospital in the Graco car seat with base we were a bit concerned that the seat seemed quite upright and tilted forwards. After a bit of messing about we decided that it must be safe as the level indicators on the side if the seat were correct. However after arriving home we found out 3 day old baby slumped in the seat with her head tilted completely forward! Thankfully she was fine but if we had gone any further than the 5 minute journey I dread to think what would have happened! After speaking to the supplier of this base we were advised that it does tilt very far forward and they don't recommend using the base until 3 months old!! No where on the literature does it state this! It says suitable from birth! We have gone back to just strapping the car seat in each journey which is what we wanted to avoid! Dangerous product!!
22 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2017
Does the job I guess..in our old car Renault 08 plate 3 door..it fitted fine but in the new car vauxhall astra 13 plate 5 door..it seems to swing side to side on corners. We have extended the leg as far as possible and have tightend the seat belt but in bigger cars its not that safe really. Its more for little cars
on 23 March 2016
After I ordered this product, I was a little concerned when I read some reviews where it mentions their car seat is more tilted and babies head is leaning. My partner and I followed instructions ensuring its at right level with the car seat, the seat wasn't tilted so that it left the babies head leaning forward. Been using it since he was newborn, he's 5 weeks now and still no problems so not sure if others may of had faulty?

I love how easy it is to clip in and out, no fuss with seatbelt which is brilliant when you have two toddlers to attend to as well.
on 5 January 2017
Even though I have got several other products from Graco but this seems to be slightly off color. I have tried to install it in my C class but it was wobbly all the time no matter how I fix it. I will not recommend it for new borns. Sent it back and got full refund within a day so 5 stars for the service that but I am afraid one star for the product.
on 14 May 2013
I bought the car seat base to go with the Graco Quattro travel system for my newborn son. I liked the idea of being able to remove the baby seat from the pushchair and slot easily into the base in the car. I have two different cars and have tried fitting the base in both. My baby's head ends up flopping forward uncomfortably so the only way I can use it is to install in a rear seat and have someone supporting his head for the whole trip! This is a very poor design and could be quite damaging to the baby's neck! I wish now I'd gone for a completely different make of travel system because although the pushchair is good I bought it because you could easily transfer baby from pushchair into the car but the bad base design makes it all pointless.
on 9 September 2011
The base is not suitable for newborns. Once the carseat is clicked into the base it is far too upright and leaves a newborn's head flopping about all over the place. The carseat also feels really unstable because the load leg just lifts off the floor and allows it to flop towards the rear of the car if you pull on the seat - which surely it would do in the event of a crash. The carseat strapped in alone seems much safer.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Top Rated • Lowest Price