1,095
Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: 5m-HDMI Cable|Change
Price:£2.68+ Free shipping

on 3 November 2008
to all those "Doubting thomas" out there who are not sure if you have to spend a fortune on a HDMI cable or not believe me when I say the answer is a resounding NO. I purchased one of these the other day and was amazed when I fitted it into my system (Sony 42" Flat screen TV with Blue Ray player)
There was no differance at all between the two leads I have (one supplied by Sony valued at over £50.00) and then this one and you could not tell the differance when alternating them , so buy with confidence and save yourself pounds (just about to order another one)
0Comment| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 12 May 2008
Don't be put off by the fact that this cable only costs £2-£4, (£7-£9 including postage and packaging)! Since HDMI cables send a digital signal, the quality of the cable is irrelevent, with HDMI there is no point in buying a £20+ cable with gold plated connectors.

Unlike cables such as VGA, Component, Composite and Scart, the signal is not analogue and therefore doesn't get degraded on cheap cables.

Don't spend £20+ on a cable when you can get this one for under a tenner! It gives a great picture and was well worth the money, i wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

(i use this cable to connect my computer to my television, although it will also work on HD DVD players, Upscaling DVD Players, HD Television Boxes, Blu-ray players, Xbox 360s and PS3s)
66 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2008
Bought two of these to allow me to put the sources away from the wall-mounted flat screen TV.
Cables are concealed, and the screen looks great.
HDMI (digital) means the electrical quality of the wire is not in question, and so the picture is totally crisp.
I thoroughly recommend it!
on 15 February 2012
Very poor quality. The screen kept flickering a few weeks after I bought it and had to buy another more expensive one. Very unhappy about the product.
on 26 April 2012
This cable arrived slightly later than I would have liked but nonetheless it did arrive. The quality of the product is very poor and this is reflected in the price. I would never buy such a cheap HDMI again and I recommend you spend at least 5GBP on a cable to ensure good quality. This cable stopped working after about 1 week for no apparent reason. Communication from the seller was fast but very unhelpful and was not in the slightest interested in the refund and instead actually suggested I was the one who broke the cable which I found to be quite rude.

In conclusion, do not buy this HDMI cable as you will be disapppointed with the quality and there is a high chance it will break in a short time. If it does, do not expect any help from the seller! Poor all round!
on 2 January 2012
This item was purchased in order to connect my laptop to my TV set. It was chosen because the long connecting cable would make it possible to operate the laptop at a comfortable viewinjg distance from the TV.
However, the data transmitted was grossly distorted, making it impossible to view photographs and video stored on the laptop. An alternative and shorter cable performed perfectly.
on 8 March 2016
No issues great delivery cheap as chips and completes its required function without issue. More expensive HDMI cables are not worth the money they all complete the same function and the difference in picture or sound quality is not noticeable at all!.
on 11 March 2016
What version HDMI is this meant to be? 2 of them have zero signal and the 3rd cable I had works, but with red pixels all over it. I use a totally different make and it works fine. Must be HDMI 1.2 or older. 1.4a all the way.
on 14 June 2014
This is a good product which has enabled me to connect up my laptop to a large flat screen LG television at the other end of my studio. The cable had delivered a reliable and consistently high quality picture. Recommended.

Chris Allen is a Technical Author and a crime writer specializing in unusual and well researched fiction with the following books available through Amazon:
His latest novel: Parallel Lifetimes
The Beam of Interest: Taken by Storm
Hypnotic Tales 2013: Some Light Some Dark
Call of the Void: The Strange Life and Times of a Confused Person: 1
on 5 May 2009
5m long. Cheap, does the job.

It doesnt matter how cheap your HDMI cable is, it doesnt make a difference to picture quality!

So spend less and use more!!!

This cable is recommended!