on 18 October 2010
While they may be a little stronger than I'd expected, they are exactly as described. I do have small hands, and it was a bit of an effort at the start to comfortably hold the grips so I could squeeze them, but with use my hands have gotten used to them, and I use them frequently now. Well packed, decent delivery time, a nice simple transaction.
on 5 February 2013
Like the rest of the reviews of this product, I would agree that ideally you need an already strong grip to handle these without giving up. I'm a bassist and already do weights, so my grip has strengthened to a relatively high level anyway. My advice to those who want to strengthen their grip from scratch would be to buy the lower-level ones first, and then move up to this level when comfortable (no shame in it, just sense).

Good product for a great price. Only odd thing about the grips is that they leave a weird and vaguely unpleasant smell on your hands. But then, if you're a really intelligent person - like my fine self - you can use the power of water and soap to wash this away. Genius.

Just don't break the tap off with your insanely-strong hands post-workout. That would be bad. But these are good!
on 17 May 2013
Help improve the strength of your arms with these handgrips These ones are pretty strong but as the previous reviewer said, best get these as the others may well be too weak for you. These have nice soft, effective grips.
on 29 August 2015
The issue with this item is the handle padding. The padding quite severely restricts the range of motion one can use these over since on full compression, the padding gets in the way of the other handle.This means one can only exercise the finger flexors over a narrow range- rather like doing bicep curls to only 90 degrees of the elbows flexion! Besides, is padding really necessary on an item designed for tough people? This design issue is my reason for only 3 stars. There are other, better designed, adjustable tension and similarly cheap grippers available on Amazon.
on 9 February 2015
I wouldn't recommend getting the standard strength grips unless you know your grip is of concern or particularly weak, as you can build it up with these if you can get just 1 repetition/squeeze.

The foam covering of the handles has given up the ghost and they make a heck of a squeek when used. I don't want to oil/lubricate anything though as it's all exposed and I don't want to get the oil on anything. They still work though, which is the main thing. The foam grip really could be harder wearing though and it rode up the handle a lot even before it split.

3.5 stars if I could as it still works despite some of its flaws.
on 11 September 2010
I'm very pleased with the grips - comfortable handles and powerful springs. Glad I chose the extra strong ones as it's possible to squeeze them all the way closed and I'm no Superman.
VINE VOICEon 21 April 2013
These are a great set of handgrips to improve the strength of your grip and to develop your forearm muscles (which are difficult to work on in any other way). These handgrips are indeed very strong and do take some getting used to, if you haven't used handgrips before you might find them rather difficult.

They are nicely padded so I found that my hands did not hurt at all afterwards, so if you are looking to improve your grip this is the best way to go.
on 17 February 2016
Good strong product. Though I'm guessing that all of these products have the same design flaw, the springs are all set in the same direction, making it a little difficult/uncomfortable with either your left or right hand depending on which handed you are.
on 27 March 2016
These are good hand grips for beginners. Not as strong as I imagined they would be, and the foam handles kind of move around too much, but not bad overall. I would say the force required to close this is around 100lb. If you're able to do a few pullups or hang yourself off a bar with one arm, these won't be very difficult.
on 11 April 2013
The grip is nice and the item is well-made, but this is probably a bad choice for your 1st set of Handgrips, as they're really quite tough! Good if you feel you need stronger trainers or have the forearms of popeye.
Quick delivery, item was faultless, decently priced.