on 4 May 2009
I bought the York Handgrips for my dad who suffers from MS, as his hands feel numb at times he feels that excercising them helps them and this product does the trick.

He uses them every day now and say's that his hands are definately a lot stronger than before.
on 28 June 2007
This product is an inexpensive hand grip that does the job it's designed to do although the ergonomics (how it fits on hand) is not great.

Great value for money.

GOOD:

Cheap;

Durable;

Does the job.

BAD:

Ergonomics.
on 27 May 2007
I have only had these for 3 days now, but I thought I would my share opinion on them for anyone that is thinking of buying this product. I will do a follow up review later at some point if I change my mind on them.

Firstly I'm kind of gutted that amazon reduced the price by a quid a day after I ordered them. You do get what you pay for, I mean they are only £4 now so don't expect anything amazing. Even so, they are relatively effective, as far as I can tell so far, at toning up your forearms and strengthening your grip. A problem would be that they are slightly uncomfortable to use, and get some getting use to. Although, this may be exaggerated slightly in that I don't have very big hands. They are useful because the hand grips add a bit of variety to my workout, especially since I play racket sports and need a strong forearm.

There are better hand grips on the market, but the york one's are cheap and relatively effective. The only problems I can foresee are that the resistance in the grips may weaken over time and the actual grips on them is already slightly discoloured.

Hope this was useful.
on 14 June 2015
Very pleased with these, very good quality for the low price paid. They are definitely strong as the name suggests; I like to think I have a good grip and arm strength and these are challenging enough to really work my forearms.
Therefore, if you're just starting out, have a low or moderate grip, or generally want something a bit easier, don't go for this strong version.

Whatever you decide, the quality is great, the grips are soft and comfortable and for the price you pay, they're hard to beat.
on 20 November 2013
The York Strong Hand Grips does definitiely to what the say.... and they really are very strong which makes them a little hard to use, and as a result of that are rather uncomfortable for me. On the plus side they did send the item very quickly.
on 9 March 2010
Happy with the product. But more info on the strength needed to use them , other than 'strong" would be better.
Bought as an excercisor for strengthening movement following hand injury, on advice by physiotherapist. Too strong to use initially.
on 7 January 2014
You'll get used to these pretty soon if you're an average strength guy like me. I got them more for conditioning as have had a wrist injury and so they fit the bill and do the job well. Decent quality, if you get about 6 months out of them with using them every other day, that's about right I'd say.
VINE VOICEon 22 June 2007
There's nothing special about this set of handgrips, which pretty much sums up the York range in general. As the other reviewer has said, you get what you pay for: the grip is slightly uncomfortable and they're not the most durable when compared to better (and more expensive) products on the market. But hey, they're under a fiver and they definitely have had an effect. After a week, I felt an appreciable extra strength in my forearms and hands so this represents good value for money.

Well worth a purchase, especially if you just want a set as an addition to your existing weight routine.
on 9 December 2012
Definitely helping to strengthen my arthritic wrist and hand. I usually squeeze and repeat about fifty times and then hold closed for a count of fifty. Use once or twice a day.
on 23 August 2016
These handgrips are described as 'strong'. How strong are they? I'm a mid-40's man in good health, and after squeezing them 40 times it gets tiring. Doing 2 sets of 50 squeezes is a challenge which only takes a couple of minutes each day.