Top critical review
7 people found this helpful
Great looking item, but there are problems
on 19 May 2015
The quality of sound is wonderful, no problems there. However there are problems.
1. Trying to get the records out of the gatefold cover was a nightmare. They are so tightly packed, even the paper inners were bunched up inside, that it takes a lot of time to get the records out without damaging the gatefold cover.
2. Trying to get the records back into the gatefold cover, impossible without damaging the sleeve. I've given up trying and now have them in their own record cover plastic covers.
It seems that the gatefold sleeve is a millimeter or two to small for the actual records to fit.
3. Four of the tracks, all on different records or sides jump. I've a very good turntable (Auto-Technica AT LP-120) which has been playing all of my vinly without a problem. Even records of about 30 to 35 year old have been playing without an issue, I've rarely encoutered any of the old vinyl jumping and certainly not any of the new 180 gramm vinyls I've been buying. I've adjust the arm waits and slipage counter and everything and yet still jumping.
4. I have to say the sound quality is great and the songs of course are perfect, it is Stevie Nicks.
5. This should have been realised on black 180 gramm vinyl, I didn't realise it wasn't until it arrived. It's a clear vinyl but not 180 gramms
Overall, the sleeve desgin and quality is great, it's just a pity I can't get the records back into the sleeves (unless I want to rip the gatefold sleeve) and some tracks jump.