on 30 August 2015
Fine until you get to TYPGttO at which point there are short (less than a second) silences between each track which completely disrupt the flow of the music. Unlikely just to be my copy so be aware.
6 people found this helpful
on 15 January 2010
I was perusing the tinterweb looking for something a little different for the kids' joint christmas presents and suddenly thought of Peter and the Wolf. As they are 9 and 6 I thought they might like it (esp as the eldest is now learning Clarinet) and I was bang on the money.

They LOVED it.

The listened intently as it played through and showed great emotions from low (poor Duck) to high (the parade). It invoked soome great memories for me and my wife too as it has been, ahem, a while since I listened to it all the way through. It is now a firm favourite in the house.

The extras before and after are great too, the kids especially liked the introdution to the orchestra.

All round this is brilliant and at a great price to boot. If you are looking at it then you will know how good it is, buy it! Now!
21 people found this helpful
on 4 February 2016
Narrator's voice too quiet in comparison to music.
4 people found this helpful
on 22 February 2018
A goood recording.
on 2 April 2014
I bought Peter and the Wolf for a grandchild. Children are so used to seeing the pictures that I feared she might be bored. I warned her in advance and she loved it.
As far as Practical Cats and the Young Person's Guide - well I can't say because I have not played them to her yet; but I like them.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 January 2017
My mum threw out my original vinyl Peter and the wolf and I've been looking for the same narrator for so long. I couldn't be happier. Every child should have this.
on 2 December 2017
Very enjoyable CD.
on 1 May 2016
A wonderful CD and brings back good memories. It is a great introduction to the orchestrs workings
on 6 February 2014
Loved this from my childhood - its just wonderful. Great sound quality (on an iPhone - which means even better on a proper sound system) and just as I remember. I think its a good value for money purchase.
on 29 October 2012
good cd and good music but the voiceover is more quiet than the music so you keep needing to adjust the volume. it's still ok but very irritating...
5 people found this helpful