I lately found it was getting ever so difficult to read without using glasses. This is part and parcel with getting old and wise :)
When reading the paper or a book I would wear glasses, yet it is hardly a solution when I need to glance at my wristwatch while walking down the street.

Hence I decided to get a cheap watch with a large display and I simply love it. The big plus points are the large digital display and super lightweight at just 31 grams. With most other watches one needs to press buttons to see date, day etc.. (or have a tiny window displaying day). Not with this watch. A quick glance at the generously sized LCD screen reveals a large and crisp time display plus day of the week and date including month and year. The only times you would need to press any button would be to access the Chronograph, Dual time, alarm and backlight.

Many reviewers point out that the strap does not last for longer than 3 years, yet at this price I would not mind buying the same watch in 3 years time. In fact I bought a couple of these watches just in case. The strap costs nearly as much as the watch!

I find that the design is stylish enough to use even when going out, however this is my personal taste.

Given the price I cannot fault this Casio watch.

I would recommend this watch to anyone needing a lightweight watch sporting a large display and ease of use.
Highly recommended.

Given the price I cannot fault this Casio watch.

Highly recommended.
review image review image review image
on 11 July 2008
This isn't a fashion item at all, and it doesn't pretend to be. But it is a sensible practical tool ideal for everyday use. I needed a watch with the unambiguity of a digital readout but the clarity of a good analog display, and this one was the closest I could find which is why I chose it. Combis are no good to me, the digital display is far too small.

There's nothing to dislike about this watch. It's light and unobtrusive to wear, with a clear display that has all the essential information on one screen. It keeps excellent time, mine gains only a second a week. And it's easy to reset to the exact time when you want. It is comfortable to wear and the buttons are well placed. I find I don't accidentally push them with my arm and hand movements during normal wear -- this has been a problem with other watches I have had.

The 10 year battery life means that the battery should never need replacing -- my view is that it is usually safer and more economic just to replace the watch at that point. The strap will probably be the Achilles Heel -- why can't Casio get these right when it does everything else so well?

Buy one of these and you'll have paid less than £15 for a watch with no gimmicks and which does everything well. Who could ask for anything more?
33 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2008
This is not, and can not ever be, an Omega or a Briteling etc. However it is an accurate and practical time piece.

I bought this watch for work. It was cheap and I really wanted the day and date displayed on the main screen so a quick glance of the watch enabled me to fill in paperwork accurately.

I also wanted something that was disposable in the event of damage (hence no Briteling) and waterproof for showering and swimming.

My first watch lasted me about 4 years before the strap gave way. That was 4 years of daily wear and quite a lot of abuse. I immediately replaced it with the same model. The strap is lasting well this time but I have destroyed the face with paint and scratches.

As I say. Not a valuable dress watch but a very useful and practical daily timepiece.

Certainly worth a tenner!
on 1 April 2008
Excellent watch and reliable. Good buy for work. I bought it as it displays date and day in easily readable size fonts.

Only downside is strap. i had to replace it once an year. I have used it in very rough manner and no problem with the machine though,very durable.
Strap replacement will cost more than the watch in the uk.

Will definitely buy again.
on 17 December 2009
The watch works fine, and does what I want, but the strap doesn't last more than three years. A replacement strap costs almost as much as the watch, so I bought a second watch hoping that it was a quirk, and I had mistreated it somehow, but the second one did just the same. It is not much use having a 10 year battery if you only have a two or three year strap, and you can't replace it with something better.
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 November 2014
Basic boys watch, as it really is very small and slim. Ok its cheap but i was hoping that it would be a bit chunkier. Still its easy to read and hopefully due to the 10year battery will last a while. The light is not as uniformed as the picture shows. basically its a small led bulb in the lower left corner that just about lights up most of the screen but fades as you get to the top right..thought it would be a back light effect. Easy to set up. For the price its good value but i was just a little dissapointed in its design.
on 25 January 2010
as in many previous reviews, the only downside of this to me is the strap.
The watch itself is good, the digits are large and it has all the useful stuff on one display without pressing any buttons - time, day, date.
The strap lasted 2.5 years and the replacement is almost as expensive as the watch itself. I won't be getting a replacement but buying a different watch which has a cheaply replaceable leather strap.
review image
on 14 December 2015
First two photos are which I got from amazon! Last one which they post in advertisement!
I think it's different one they send or they told that it's a
"roduct Description A standard digital timer featuring a light-directing plate adopted to eliminate colour unevenness and low visibility - two common drawbacks of the conventional LED"
in real it's not like this
I am really unhappy.

And light is to poor can't see in dark.

Watch size is to small.
review image review image review image
on 12 March 2015
I've been using Casio watches ever since the first digital models came onto the market - and that's a long, long time ago! As my eyesight is now not as good as it used to be, I needed to replace my old but still perfectly usable model with something rather easier to read. The W-96H appeared to offer just what I wanted so I ordered one.
When it arrived it seemed to be just what I needed. However, on checking it out I found the alarm function was completely useless - the beeper was so faint I could hardly hear it at all even with the watch pressed against my ear and my hearing aid turned up full blast, which should have nearly blown my head off!!
I returned the watch and received a replacement only to find the new one was exactly the same. Just to make sure they hadn't maybe sent the original one back by mistake or something like that, I paid a visit to my local Argos store to have a look at the ones they'd got there (of the same model). But these turned out to be just the same - and confirmed by their staff, so it's definitely not my hearing aid that's up the creek!
So - I've returned the second one for refund and I'm intending to toddle down to Argos and get myself a Timex.
on 14 October 2010
Like most of the other reviewers, I think this is a brilliant, reasonably priced, everyday timepiece. I particularly like being able to use it as a stopwatch for training in the swimming pool. I've had three of these watches so far and, like other reviewers, find it is let down by the short life of the strap. I have also replaced the watch whenever the face has become too scratched to be tolerable anymore. However, I have recently discovered that I can polish out scratches in the perspex face cover using Kuhn Rikon stainless steel kitchenware polish (get it from John Lewis or kitchenware shops). I think the polish has a very fine grade abrasive in it, a bit like jewellers rouge. Also Casio will supply replacement watch straps for a cost (inc P+P) which is about 60% of the price of a new watch. But it's such a pity they cannot sell it with a more durable strap in the first place!